Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941368 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2012, 12:12:12 am »
It is especially nice to have a good dream on the eve of Martin Luther King Day. So, here is the one I had. Any ideas what it might mean?

I dreamed that I was on a hiking outing with a group of people and, as we were standing around resting, I looked up at a ridge and saw the profile of a little animal, which I could see was a domestic cat. It was so unusual a sight that I walked up to the ridge, about 20 feet, to have a closer look. This little kitty was very friendly and was purring, so I started petting it. Then the cat lay down and rolled over on its back, stretching and enjoying my touch. It stretched out so much that it lost its balance and slipped over the other side of the ridge. I looked over the edge and saw it slipping down the slope. There was something slippery that the cat was sliding down on, maybe some wet grass. I was concerned, so I stepped over the ridge and down the other side, and I was looking around in the underbrush for a sign of the cat. I looked to my right and saw the portal of a big cave with a serene pond and stream coming out of it. The sunbeams were slanting over the water lending a golden glow to everything. A shaft of sunlight pierced the calm water and I looked down into its depths. I could see two animals under the water, walking along on the stream bed. One was like a sheep and the other was a beautiful antelope type creature with beautiful striations in tan, white and reddish brown. They were just walking along underneath the water as if it weren't there. Then I saw, on the far bank of the stream, above the animals, two guardians or shepherds walking along with staffs or guns in their hands. I was crouching down in the underbrush, so I didn't think they could see me, but I knew they wouldn't like it if they knew I was there, because I had stumbled into a secret magical place, led by an enchanted cat.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2012, 11:26:14 pm »
I had the loveliest dream about my late mother last night. I was in bed, and she brought me another blanket because she thought I might be cold.  :)

I rarely dream about my mother--that I know of, anyway--so I have no idea what brought on this dream.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2012, 12:29:41 am »
How wonderful, Jeff!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2012, 12:55:51 am »
That is the best dream, Jeff

Heathen

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2012, 12:59:54 pm »

You are obviously missing your mother Jeff.  Even if it is subconciously.  So your mind conjurerd her for you.  I have dreams like that from
time to time.  I hardly every have dreams about live people, that I can remember.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:51:58 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2012, 01:03:38 pm »
It is especially nice to have a good dream on the eve of Martin Luther King Day. So, here is the one I had. Any ideas what it might mean?

I dreamed that I was on a hiking outing with a group of people and, as we were standing around resting, I looked up at a ridge and saw the profile of a little animal, which I could see was a domestic cat. It was so unusual a sight that I walked up to the ridge, about 20 feet, to have a closer look. This little kitty was very friendly and was purring, so I started petting it. Then the cat lay down and rolled over on its back, stretching and enjoying my touch. It stretched out so much that it lost its balance and slipped over the other side of the ridge. I looked over the edge and saw it slipping down the slope. There was something slippery that the cat was sliding down on, maybe some wet grass. I was concerned, so I stepped over the ridge and down the other side, and I was looking around in the underbrush for a sign of the cat. I looked to my right and saw the portal of a big cave with a serene pond and stream coming out of it. The sunbeams were slanting over the water lending a golden glow to everything. A shaft of sunlight pierced the calm water and I looked down into its depths. I could see two animals under the water, walking along on the stream bed. One was like a sheep and the other was a beautiful antelope type creature with beautiful striations in tan, white and reddish brown. They were just walking along underneath the water as if it weren't there. Then I saw, on the far bank of the stream, above the animals, two guardians or shepherds walking along with staffs or guns in their hands. I was crouching down in the underbrush, so I didn't think they could see me, but I knew they wouldn't like it if they knew I was there, because I had stumbled into a secret magical place, led by an enchanted cat.

That dream has such a lot of Brokeback references in my mind.  Along with some of the people that you know.  That is my thoughts.

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2012, 10:30:36 am »
You are obviously missing your mother Jeff.  Even if it is subconciously.  So your mind conjurerd her for you. 

Tell you what, I'm sure that's true--because it's always true.  :)  I suspect, however, that there is another meaning, here, that my mother providing me with another blanket may symbolize ("comfort"? "needing comfort"?) something else. Another interesting thing about this dream, too, is that I didn't actually "see" my mother. I remember turning my head slightly to look up at her (I habitually sleep on my right side, so I would have had to turn my head to look up), and what I "saw" was actually like a shadow or a silhouette of my mother--but I know it was Mother because I'd recognize that silhouette anywhere.  :)

This is certainly being an odd week for me in terms of dreams. We are told that we all dream all the time, and the question is whether or not we remember our dreams, and ordinarily I can go for months on months (sometimes it seems like years on years) without remembering my dreams. Last night, though, I had another weird sequence of dreams that I remember.

I was back in my old boyhood bedroom. My dad was seated at the desk in the corner of the room, doing some sort of paperwork. I was going through drawers in the furniture, obviously looking for something--but what?--and I found a small box that seemed to be made of cardboard with an embossed design in red and silver--decorated for Christmas. In the box I found Hershey Kisses!  :laugh:  I ate one of them, and then I gave one to my dad. Dad ate it and then announced that the chocolate had gone stale, so the candy should just be thrown out. I did this. Then I remember seeing Mother come into the room. And then I remember seeing the backpatch insignia of my leather club lying on top of the chest of drawers, and being made uncomfortable by that fact.  ??? 

Oh, yes, in this dream I was wearing pajamas.  :laugh:

(NB: At the present time, I have a backpatch lying on top of a bookcase in my bedroom; I need to get it sewn on a new vest.)

The next dream I remember, I seem to be in a clothing shop--or some place similar--with two large racks, one above the other, of what should be men's sportcoats--except that in this case they were period-style doublets and jerkins such as I might wear to a Renaissance faire or an SCA medieval reenactment event, and I was trying to find one that I liked that fit me! I don't remember whether I succeeded!  :laugh:

(NB: This dream might perhaps be related to a current event in our local SCA reenactment group. I never go to group meetings--they're too inconvenient--but at tonight's meeting there is to be a "vote of confidence" to extend the term of office of our current baron and baroness. From all accounts they are doing a fine job, and I have every confidence that they will be granted the extension. I had thought about putting together an "absentee ballot" to have a friend take to the meeting for me, but the meeting and the vote came up too quickly and the time got away from me, so this isn't happening. So I could be feeling some guilt about this--though what "guilt" might have to do with searching for a new doublet is beyond my ken!  :laugh: )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2012, 01:51:20 pm »
  My hubby has very convoluted dreams.  Has ever since we married.  (back when we lived just on the outskirts of
Eden.)  Anyhow, I hardly ever remember my dreams, unless they are striking and I usually have some sort of revelatory message in them..  Some have been precognitive, and others are just as your one about your mom was.  Missing someone that has passed.  The odd thing is however, I have never dreamed about my brother that killed himself.  In view of the fact that we were very very close.  I find that rather puzzling.  I would like to dream of him sometime. oh well

Another thing that I find odd in my dreams of people that are gone.  My subconcious never lets me forget that they are gone.  They only are there, and look at me, or just be.  They never speak.  For a long time, I used to wonder why that was/  I finally figured out that even in my dream state, I know they are dead.  If they spoke, it would make me feel creepy.  Instead they have the ability to make me feel good, comforted and together with them.

Beautiful mind

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2012, 02:17:53 pm »
Instead they have the ability to make me feel good, comforted and together with them.

I'm sure that's a good thing.  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #109 on: February 06, 2012, 09:58:56 am »
Well, I sure had a funny one last night. It was like a scene out of a sitcom.

I dreamed I had a car, and not just any car, but a fold-up, collapsible automobile, like something you could get from the Sharper Image catalogue!  :laugh:

It folded up very nicely and had its own carrying handle.  ;D  Unfortunately, I had to keep the collapsible car hidden away in a closet because I didn't have a license plate for it.  :(

And, this wasn't just any old collapsible car. This one had been preowned--by Sylvester Stallone!  :laugh:

You know I really did have this dream because I'd never be able to make up something like this!  ;D