Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941252 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2012, 02:43:22 am »
Now I want a collapsable car! Even with a handle to carry it around. Great concept, Jeff! :)

I love that. It would really solve the parking issue, wouldn't it? 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2012, 01:07:35 pm »
I had the weirdest full moon dream last night. I went to a performing arts center that was a series of cave-like rooms on the side of a mountain. Most of the rooms had something boring going on in them, but the largest room had a nice light show on stage with children playing with animals. Then later, I and my daughter went on a trek of some sort and she cut her hair very raggedly and had to carry a heavy weight. The dream seemed so portentious!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2012, 06:55:55 pm »
I had the weirdest full moon dream last night. I went to a performing arts center that was a series of cave-like rooms on the side of a mountain. Most of the rooms had something boring going on in them, but the largest room had a nice light show on stage with children playing with animals. Then later, I and my daughter went on a trek of some sort and she cut her hair very raggedly and had to carry a heavy weight. The dream seemed so portentious!!

I've heard that when you dream about rooms, or houses, they represent your own mind. Have you been feeling like much of your mind is occupied with boring things? But that you've been devoting part of your mind to something interesting that might somehow be symbolized by what you saw in the a large room?

As for the part with your daughter, given what's been happening with her lately it makes sense that in your dream she would cut her hair raggedly (change her identity, at least externally) and carry a weight (have a baby). But you and she are on the trek together -- you're supporting her emotionally on her journey.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2012, 09:55:37 pm »
Yes, I did know that, Katherine, and here's proof, written in this thread in November 2007:

I have read that when you dream about a house or a building, it signifies that you are ready to start something new or to create a new life for yourself. The fact that you have found a nice house for yourself in the middle of a slum indicates that you want to build a new life for yourself that is to your own standards, not those of others. Go for it, Jess!!

I often dream about houses and now that I know what it means, I have a great time going through the house in my dreams and looking at every detail because it all means something once I think about it.

It's interesting that lately my dreams are more of caves or outdoor "rooms". I think you are spot-on about my daughter. And, yes, there are lots of boring things going on in the various parts of my life, but children and animals are a source of delight for me...so it's an easy dream to understand.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2012, 10:47:25 pm »
I've experinced a recurring dream two nights in a row now: I've scored tickets to a sold out concert but I can never get there.  The first night of the dream I was prevented from going by work obligations, and being held up while on my commute from work.  Last night I was so close to making the venue; my brother was attending, and he was my ride.  Big brother rented an SUV for the night, but when I climbed in, there was no room for me.  For some inexplicable reason, the seats were occupied by cranky babies in car seats!  I exited the van, disappointed, discouraged, but I somehow managed to make it to the concert hall.  When I was about to claim my seats, I observed stadium style seating with standing room only.  No room for me! As I attempted to make my way inside the hall I woke up instantly!

I hope to remember a different dream tonight, as this particular drama wears me out.  

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2012, 12:27:58 am »
Very interesting dream, LLWing! You are obviously on a quest and have a very important mission. Although there are many challenges, I have every confidence that you'll persevere in the end!!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2012, 12:51:39 am »
Very interesting dream, LLWing! You are obviously on a quest and have a very important mission. Although there are many challenges, I have every confidence that you'll persevere in the end!!

Thanks, sweetheart!  I feel more positive about the dream, and I fell very hopeful.  Thanks, again!  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2012, 10:08:29 am »
Thanks, sweetheart!  I feel more positive about the dream, and I fell very hopeful.  Thanks, again!  :)

The part about the cranky babies in car seats made me smile.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2012, 12:24:25 pm »
The part about the cranky babies in car seats made me smile.  :)

They were adorable.  I even picked up a few of them.  Strange how we make up people in our dreams!  I'd never seen any of those children before in life!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2012, 12:36:36 pm »
Now I want a collapsable car! Even with a handle to carry it around. Great concept, Jeff! :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Folded up, it looked just like a portable massage table!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.