Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941297 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #180 on: June 07, 2014, 12:42:32 pm »
I took it the same way,  sun rises in the east (new beginning) and sets in the west (an ending)

Sure enough. I just tend to look at the way people have looked at it since the first Europeans took ship to cross the Atlantic--from east to west--to begin new lives in America: The West means a new start and a new life.

But I'm looking at things in a more literal sense, I suppose.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #181 on: June 07, 2014, 05:20:40 pm »
I just don't know. Watching him is like watching TV with the sound off, and I can't read lips.  :(

You might get some insight if you try to have the dream again and pay special attention to what you say to the little boy. If you can't redream it, you could try just meditating on it.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2014, 08:00:56 pm »
You might get some insight if you try to have the dream again and pay special attention to what you say to the little boy. If you can't redream it, you could try just meditating on it.

I expect you're right about that, but, on the other hand, I doubt it had any real significance.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2014, 08:21:04 pm »
I expect you're right about that, but, on the other hand, I doubt it had any real significance.

"the lady doth protest too much, methinks"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2014, 11:22:31 am »
To give an idea about the importance of little things in dreams, I used to have a recurring dream where I was at a Bates Motel-like resort where I was to show Brokeback Mountain to an audience in a theater. I was trying to start the movie on a huge TV set rather than a screen, and I had to have a remote control because I couldn't reach the dials. I went back to my motel room to get the remote. I was driving a white Honda and it was pouring down rain. I got the remote and started back to the theater but got stuck on a bridge. There was a large white drainpipe under the bridge. The bridge was partly washed out and I was high centered in my rental car. I opened the door and looked down and I could see water rushing under the bridge through the broken wood slats. I was able to leave the car and walk to safety and up to the theater. Then I woke up. But, something bothered me....did I put the remote in my pocket when I left the car, or did I leave it on the seat?

I ended up going back and redreaming, and I found out that, yes, I did take the remote with me. I'll post again soon and explain why this was so important.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2014, 11:28:03 am »
But first, I'll take guesses! What is the significance of the remote? Any Jungians around here?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2014, 11:58:26 am »
But first, I'll take guesses! What is the significance of the remote? Any Jungians around here?

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no Jungians, but I can imagine what a Freudian might say.  :(

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2014, 08:28:58 pm »
Can someone help me sort this out?  I've had very vivid, colorful dreams as long as I can remember, but this dream is probably the weirdest I've ever experienced:

I'm sort of an observer at a wedding.  I don't remember being invited to a wedding, I never actually enter the church, and I don't know the couple getting married.  In fact, I stand near the steps to the church where several bridesmaids dressed in pink suits with thigh-high skirts, and carrying pink carnations, are lining up to enter the church.  Each young woman is more beautiful than the next and they're chatting excitedly among themselves.

At this point the scene changes dramatically: I'm in a pawn shop and a man I don't know is at the counter trying to sell a huge python to the clerk, or pawn shop owner.  I've never seen the man before -- he was kind or ordinary: very tall, pale, balding, and wearing a sharp gray suit.  The fact that he was trying to pawn or sell a python was odd enough, but when he held the serpent up high by its head and the tail, the snake's body doubled up (no other way to describe it) and when the snake's body folded in on itself it formed a pattern like a granny square blanket.  The design was beautiful, but how bizarre!  The strange thing was that no one in the shop seemed afraid, or surprised that the snake used its body to formed a pattern.  The pawn shop clerk/owner was not interested, and the man was disappointed.

I know weddings and snakes are common in dreams, but these images seem crazy.  Any ideas?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2014, 08:53:32 pm »
Oh boy, this is exciting! I will have to ponder your dream for a while but here is something I offer for starters.

Dreaming of snakes is one of the most common animal dreams. It is commonly associated with menace, danger, and sin, but there is a more ancient association. The snake is primitively associated with the female force. Thus, we see the ancient Cretan goddess with snakes in her hands. The snake is associated with the movement of a female during sex, a back-and-forth, undulating motion. It is a primordial symbol and motion. Many people are afraid of snakes and the symbolic reference to them, but others embrace the snake symbology as a powerful force of creation.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2014, 08:59:02 pm »
Thanks, Babe, for your speedy reply.  I've read that snakes also represent transformation and healing.  I'm excited to read your further interpretation.  No rush -- I'm not going anywhere.   :)