Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941315 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #380 on: July 13, 2015, 11:25:02 pm »
Well, I sure had a crazy one last night, for the night following my birthday.

I was young again--or yet--in my twenties, I'd say. My mother was still living, and my parents had moved me to Seattle ...

a dream with your mother from May.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #381 on: July 13, 2015, 11:27:27 pm »
I was staying over at my parents' home, the house I was raised in. A friend was staying with me, and he was Asian; the face was familiar, but I haven't been able to place it. My mother was there. We were going to fly back to Philadelphia.  :o  I was the one who was poking around and putting us behind schedule. We were picked up by some guy driving a very strange vehicle, with an open back seat. It was yellow in color. He drove us all over the county to deliver ice cream before finally taking us to the airport, where a clock showed only 15 minutes until the time of our flight.

Another dream with your mother.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #382 on: July 13, 2015, 11:35:05 pm »
...my mother, my father, and I were all living back in the house in which I grew up. I could see Mother clearly, and I remember her telling me that she and my father were getting a divorce ( :o My parents did not divorce; they were married 40 years when my mother died.). Then I went to meet my father at a big old Victorian house, where he had to meet someone to whom he owed money. There was a large room in the house where people were sitting around on folding chairs listening to a man and a woman play music on violins. I didn't want to disturb the concert, but I couldn't find my father. I went outside the house, to the front lawn, which had a large circular driveway, and I realized that my dad had left without me. I tried to call him on my cell phone, but I couldn't get him to answer his cell phone.

Just one more

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #383 on: July 16, 2015, 04:23:43 pm »
Those dreams are rather widely spaced apart, don't you think? May of this year, November and August of last year?

I think the recurring theme of owing money might be just as notable as the appearances of my mother.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2015, 12:11:29 am »
It's actually a pretty significant factor.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2015, 08:35:17 pm »
that's one thing I never thought to do, keep track of similar themes that recur in dreams.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2015, 11:56:46 pm »
A couple of nights ago I had an interesting dream and I wish I could remember more of it to tell you, but here is the gist. I was following my husband (in this case he looked like my first husband, a tall, ginger haired man) in a jungle-like environment over a series of small lakes or swimming pools. They cascaded down a mountainside and there was a high bridge attached to a series of platforms over the lakes. So, they got increasingly higher, to the point where we were on a platform at least 30 or 40 feet over a lake. He jumped in without apparent effort but when I looked down I realized that I just couldn't jump that far. There was only one other way to go...along a slack line across to another platform. I didn't feel like I could do that either, so I started calling out to the people on shore that I needed help, saving, rescuing. I was complaining loudly about what my husband had led me into and griping about how I was stuck and couldn't get down. I was focusing on the people on the beach who seemed to be having a great time watching me, and were not concerned about my welfare. I was being quite a drama queen doing a lot of vocalization and suddenly I turned around and noticed, surprised out of my wits, that while I was complaining I had crossed the slack line without any big effort and all the danger was behind me!!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2015, 09:47:32 am »
Well, guess what? My mother appeared in another dream, one that I had Friday night.  :laugh:

I dreamed that my four lower front teeth had become so loose I could practically lift them right out of the gum!  :laugh:

I remember lying in bed, and my mother sitting on the edge of the bed, presumably to offer advice on what I should do about this problem, but I can't remember that she actually said anything.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2015, 11:22:15 am »
I had a doozy that made  no sense, I'll post about it when I get home.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2015, 11:22:50 am »
being quite a drama queen doing a lot of vocalization and suddenly I turned around and noticed, surprised out of my wits, that while I was complaining I had crossed the slack line without any big effort and all the danger was behind me!!

:laugh: