Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941558 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #500 on: February 08, 2017, 04:14:14 pm »
lmao!  Lee's got some psychic energy stuff going on!  ;)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #501 on: February 22, 2017, 12:43:54 am »
Also, every few nights I have a really comic dream, so funny I wake up laughing. It's like a little gift to myself, as if in my heart of hearts, I know I need a little comic relief. I always say to myself that I must tell my friends on BetterMost about the dream, but in the sunshine of the morning, the foggy dream evaporates until all that is left is a little frisson of a smile.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #502 on: March 04, 2017, 02:04:16 pm »
I had an upsetting dream last night. I went with my family to the train station to see off my husband with my daughter and son. My son was 16 months old and in my arms, but my daughter was, perhaps, nine years old or older (not their real spacing). My son and I got separated from the other two while I was trying to get his wardrobe and diaper bag organized. I put down my purse and forgot it/left it behind. We then wandered around for a long time looking for them and recruited several train ushers and conductors to hunt for them too. I realized with growing despair that my daughter and husband had gone off in the car that we had all come in and that my son and I were abandoned in this incredibly large crowded train station. I hid this from my son as best I could.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #503 on: March 04, 2017, 03:04:29 pm »
FRiend, I'm sorry to learn that you had a distressing dream last night, because I had one that I find downright funny.

I dreamed that I stopped at a local convenience store for a cup of coffee, and the price for it was $7.25!  :o  (I was buying a bag of potato chips, too, but I don't remember the price of the chips.  ;D )

Being the wimp that I am, I never argue with store clerks. I expressed some amazement at the exorbitant price, but I paid it and went back out into the parking lot and got in my car. Either that's where the dream ended, or I just don't remember the rest of it, but it strikes me as very funny that I was charged $7.25 for a cup of coffee!  :laugh:  And how precise that amount was in my dream!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #504 on: March 07, 2017, 10:07:27 am »
I have been remiss in reporting.

Two nights ago I dreamed I was seated with my mother at the dining room table in the house where I was raised. My mother was trying to tell me something about someone, but I guess she was trying to be discreet because she wasn't saying what it was or who it was about.  ???  That's all I remember.

Last night I dreamed I was in some sort of housecleaning contest. I had to dust my bedroom (the dust on the furniture was horribly thick), and I had to do it in my underwear, and I was only allowed one dust cloth along with a can of Pledge.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #505 on: March 07, 2017, 07:47:28 pm »
Last night I dreamed I was in some sort of housecleaning contest. I had to dust my bedroom (the dust on the furniture was horribly thick), and I had to do it in my underwear, and I was only allowed one dust cloth along with a can of Pledge.  :laugh:

sounds like a dream I would have!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #506 on: March 08, 2017, 11:34:03 am »

Two nights ago I dreamed I was seated with my mother at the dining room table in the house where I was raised. My mother was trying to tell me something about someone, but I guess she was trying to be discreet because she wasn't saying what it was or who it was about.  ???  That's all I remember.

In many dreams you've told us about, your mother is trying to tell you something. Once, you said you thought she was telling you to take care of your dad. But now I'm starting to think she (actually you, yourself) is trying to tell you something else. The reason, IMO, why "she" doesn't come right out and say it, is because it's something you don't want to hear. You're blocking "her". Maybe you trust one of your other divas to give you the message. Or, you seem to be ready for some waking visioning exercises to uncover the conundrum. Or, hypnosis.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #507 on: March 08, 2017, 03:39:27 pm »
In many dreams you've told us about, your mother is trying to tell you something. Once, you said you thought she was telling you to take care of your dad. But now I'm starting to think she (actually you, yourself) is trying to tell you something else. The reason, IMO, why "she" doesn't come right out and say it, is because it's something you don't want to hear. 

That's plausible. My immediate assumption upon awakening was that my mother, to whom I had not come out before she died, "knew" or "knows," but in the circumspect and Victorian way of my people didn't want to come right out and say it. I can see that such a dream might be provoked by a guilty conscience, but why I should have such a dream at this time escapes me. It crossed my mind that she might have been trying to tell me to come out to my father, but my response to that would be, "Mother, what possible good is there in asking an 87-year-old man to deal with that?"

Trust me to know my dad. He's a simple man. If it were possible that I might marry--or even have a permanent steady "boyfriend"--within what remains of his lifetime, there would be a very good reason for telling him, but since neither event seems likely, I see no reason to tell him. I would feel kind of selfish making him deal with something that I'm sure he'd rather not deal with when there is no purpose.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #508 on: March 08, 2017, 08:30:05 pm »
I see no reason either, unless perhaps he might be secretly fretting about your being single, wondering if you're lonely, or--here's a thought--maybe he wants to tell you that he knows and it's all right, but he doesn't know how to tell you so. But, on the other hand, most parents when they get to that age are so absorbed with their own problems that they barely notice that their children are human beings. Your mom could shed some light on this. . .let's hope she opens up and spills the beans soon!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #509 on: March 08, 2017, 11:01:38 pm »
I see no reason either, unless perhaps he might be secretly fretting about your being single, wondering if you're lonely, or--here's a thought--maybe he wants to tell you that he knows and it's all right, but he doesn't know how to tell you so.

that could be.  I remember thinking I was spilling a big secret, and mom told me she knew I was gay by the time I was 8.  :laugh: