Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941585 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #520 on: March 19, 2017, 09:33:37 pm »
I haven't had any real memorable dreams lately, other than a recurring work related one.

I'm at my job, and am expected to do a task that  was assigned to me, but also one that I was never trained to do.  And while I'm going nuts trying to figure out what needs to be done, I keep getting interrupted by people telling me that my hours are  changing.

::)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #521 on: April 18, 2017, 01:02:46 pm »
Strange dream in the early morning hours. I wanted to take a young man to lunch. Perhaps I should say an older boy, for he was about 12 or 13 and perhaps a refugee or immigrant. We went to the lunch counter and I stepped up to order but there was no menu on the counter and no blackboard with the choices. I said several times, "May I look at a menu, please" but the people behind the counter just ignored me and kept rushing to and fro and talking amongst themselves. I kept repeating myself, louder and louder, and then I decided that we should step aside and let the next person go as I went in search of a menu.

I then found myself between the ordering spot and the line of stools at the counter, sifting through a lot of debris looking for some semblance of a menu. Someone gave me a small envelope with some papers in it, but they were all receipts, post-it notes, gum wrappers and the like. I was getting more and more frustrated and I think the young man just slipped away at some point, taking himself elsewhere for his meal. All around me, people were queuing up to order or lounging around at tables or against the wall waiting for their food to come out. The people behind the counter were now sitting quietly at desks. Finally, one of the women stood up from her desk and said, "There is no menu". She then sat down, flustered, and all the other desk-sitters glared at her.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #522 on: April 19, 2017, 05:42:45 pm »
oh, that is a strange one.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #523 on: April 21, 2017, 12:09:49 pm »
I had a couple of strange ones last night.

First of all, I had a bad night's sleep because the cough from my cold kept me from sleeping well; Nyquil seemed not to work last night. (Tonight I'll try scotch. ;) )

In the first dream, I knew that I was supposed to be in a bar, but it looked more like a tiny, overcrowded store of some kind (narrow aisles, tall shelves completely stocked with stuff). There was a check-out counter where I "knew" the bar was supposed to be, one of those where the check-out is essentially a window surrounded by more stuff for sale. The man who owns The Usual Watering Hole was behind the counter. That's all I remember of that dream.

In the other dream, I was meeting with an overweight woman (who sort of looked like someone in my department at work, though I have almost no contact with her) in a white lab coat to discuss the result of some medical tests. She informed me that I had seroconverted and was now HIV+. (Note: As of my December 2016 physical, I am definitely NOT "positive.") I remember feeling resigned, if depressed, and saying something like, "I suppose it was inevitable." That's all I remember of that dream.

I have no idea what might have brought on either dream.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #524 on: April 21, 2017, 08:26:55 pm »
Ugh, that's an awful dream!

any bizarre dreams I've had have all seemed to be work-related.  ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #525 on: May 01, 2017, 09:21:44 am »
Well, here's one for the books. Last night I dreamed I became a father!  :o  :laugh:

I remember seeing the birth of the child, but not the face of the mother, so I have no idea who she might have been. I saw my own father, but I don't remember what his role was in the dream. I also remember some confusion in that I was told first that I had a son, and then instead that I had a daughter.

I have no clue what this dream might be trying to tell me, but I suspect I know from where the imagery might have come. I have been working on a couple of fan fictions; one involves the birth of a child (a son), and the other involves a father who is unable--prevented by circumstances--from openly acknowledging his son.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #526 on: May 01, 2017, 12:37:08 pm »
Writing a story is a lot like giving birth, so I say you're dreaming about becoming an author!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #527 on: May 01, 2017, 01:17:12 pm »
Writing a story is a lot like giving birth, so I say you're dreaming about becoming an author!

Might be! Now that you mention it, I've been wrassling for several weeks over whether to post these stories, but I've been reading some that are so absolutely well written--such good stories, well plotted, with the characters very true to their originals--that I really hesitate.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #528 on: May 01, 2017, 07:15:28 pm »
I think that Lee hit the nail on the head with this one.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #529 on: May 01, 2017, 08:59:16 pm »
It was easy, since I've done both.