Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941692 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #540 on: May 04, 2017, 10:48:31 pm »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #541 on: May 05, 2017, 04:52:49 pm »

...my main power was that I was empathic, able to feel the emotions and feelings of others, and (if necessary) pull those feelings from them,  to help them heal.

What a great superpower to have! This should be developed into a graphic novel. . .or a movie!! Reminds me a bit of the counselor on the Jean-Luc Picard version of Star Trek. You are a superhero, Chuck!!

I've had one or two more restaurant-themed dreams lately. Either there was no menu, or I couldn't find anything I liked. I think it mirrors my thoughts about the immediate future. There seem to be no good options going forward on the national scene. I'd like to go to another country for a few months, but obligations keep me here.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #542 on: May 05, 2017, 07:04:29 pm »
What a great superpower to have! This should be developed into a graphic novel. . .or a movie!! Reminds me a bit of the counselor on the Jean-Luc Picard version of Star Trek. You are a superhero, Chuck!!

While I'm amused at the idea of being a super hero in a comic book, it would basically be a rip-off of what Raven was, from DC comics.   Here are three pages of the series Raven was in, The New Teen Titans, a group of  teen-aged heroes that included  Robin, Wonder Girl, Changling, Cyborg, Starfire, Raven, Kid Flash, Aqualad, and others during the course of the series' run.

The page below has Raven using her magics to teleport into a room.

The page below has a young woman (Francis Kane) developing magnetic powers she can't control.   As Raven attempts to help her, objects start flying towards them.  The large black figure you are seeing is Raven's "Soul-Self"  She can release her soul and its energy from  her body, and in this instance, it surrounds both Raven and Francis, shielding them from the flying objects.

In this last page, Raven's teammate Cyborg is hurt in battle.  Raven uses her empathic abilities to remove his pain and injuries.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #543 on: May 05, 2017, 07:05:11 pm »
Nice tights. ...  ;D

:laugh:

Well, like I said, in my dream I was wearing a looser-fitting jeans and t-shirt.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #544 on: May 18, 2017, 09:30:02 am »
I had another whopper last night. I was back living in the house where I was raised. I was talking to a next-door neighbor, whom, in reality, I haven't seen in, like, 40 years. We were discussing an antique desk that came from the home of my deceased maternal grandparents. It was a great old oak desk--all I remember of it--and my neighbor was insisting I should take it. I kept saying that as a piece of furniture, it was too big, and I wanted to keep my furniture small because I expected to move a lot, and small furniture is easier to move and fit in small spaces than large furniture.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #545 on: May 18, 2017, 10:34:15 am »
...I kept saying that as a piece of furniture, it was too big, and I wanted to keep my furniture small because I expected to move a lot, and small furniture is easier to move and fit in small spaces than large furniture.
Very good logic. Yet, something in you is drawn to this awkward piece of furniture. What is it?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #546 on: May 18, 2017, 11:18:11 am »
Very good logic. Yet, something in you is drawn to this awkward piece of furniture. What is it?

Because I've gotten tired of Queen Anne in dark cherry and have come to like oak.  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #547 on: May 18, 2017, 07:03:24 pm »
Between Chuck calling azaleas "a vase of flowers" and you saying you prefer oak over cherry, I've got to say you're a pair of deuces that "ain't never no good"!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #548 on: May 18, 2017, 09:55:24 pm »
:laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #549 on: June 22, 2017, 09:40:38 am »
What a night!

First, there was the dream that one of my coworkers had used two of the water glasses that go with my dishes to give lemonade to two visiting celebrities (not sure any more if the celebrities were ever actually named), and then didn't get the glasses returned, so that now I only had six glasses instead of eight, not enough to cover the eight place settings I have. I was really angry.  :laugh:  (I had lemonade at lunch yesterday, so I suppose I had lemonade on my brain.)

Then there was a second dream. I was asleep on the sofa when my dad came home. The trouble was, I couldn't remember where I was. First I thought I was in a hotel room some where. Then I knew I was in a house, but the question was, Which house? I could see the stairs from where I was lying, but the sofa in my dad's current house is in the same place relative to the stairs and the front door as in the house where I grew up, so I couldn't figure out which house I was in.

And then something happened that really terrified me. I think this one was the kind of "dream" you have when you first awaken. Anyway, I was "awakened" by some sort of brief banging noise. I figured it was my bedroom door. (In reality, that sometimes happens when the air conditioning kicks in; I think it creates a draft that somehow pulls the bedroom door against the jamb, even when the door is already closed.) I was convinced someone had come into my bedroom, but I had no idea who it was. In the reduced light and without my eyeglasses, it looked like someone was standing with arms crossed in my bedroom, leaning against the bookcase that is just inside the door, just looking at me. I was absolutely terrified because I had no idea who this person was. It also seemed that this person was wearing work boots, jeans, and a red buffalo-plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up to the elbows (kinda hot, actually, when I think about it  :laugh: ) but I could not see his face. I tried to call out to ask if it was my dad--I mean, I didn't dream I said this, I know I really did try to say it out loud--but I was so frightened the word literally stuck in my throat and I couldn't say it. However, in a presumably short time, I squinted/didn't put on my glasses, and realized that the "person" standing in my bedroom was really just the arrangement of books in the bookcase (e.g., a row of books with light/white covers was what gave me the impression of the "crossed arms).  :laugh: At that, the fear more or less evaporated, and I went back to sleep and slept until daylight. But I hope I never have a "dream" like that again!