Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941369 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #560 on: October 05, 2017, 08:53:03 pm »
Lee, I really enjoy reading your interpretations!   You seem to be spot on.

She certainly has a gift for probing meanings.  :)

They say that dreams represent  your inner feelings and such, and in this dream Jeff wasn't getting needs met.   Jeff, haven't you talked about your need to ramble about, but not being able to go, or feeling that you can go?  And isn't one of the reasons you feel you can't go is that your father would need you, and you wouldn't be there for him?

Yes, but this is just life when you're an only child of a very aging parent. I accept that.

In a manner of speaking I really won't even be able to rest completely when I'm in Provincetown in a little more than two weeks because I have a history of being called home from there because my father had a health issue.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #561 on: November 21, 2017, 09:17:03 pm »
I had the most interesting dream last night. It was kind of a thriller! It was situated some years earlier when my family was all together. My son was under the care of a physician, and my then-husband and I went to see the physician about it. He was quite a handsome and compelling man, the "spitting image" of Kevin Costner, but with dark, close cropped hair. My son was there briefly, but left and then husband and KC got into a discussion. Husband said he had a similar medical problem and wanted a consultation about it. I just looked on, didn't say anything and kept thinking.

The doc didn't examine him but made some superficial comments. Then, he changed the lighting in the room and gradually some other guys starting drifting in, all dressed in dark clothing. The doc made some transitional comment and then turned on a presentation, which was like a fancy spread sheet. It had a stock ticker going along the bottom and also a lot of facebook likes and loves floating across. It was something about energy stocks. Husband seemed kind of shell shocked. I realized that he was being pressured to invest. Doc kept saying "coal". Finally, I said, "Well, I'm sure the coal industry will continue for a long time, but eventually it will fizzle out." The doc looked at me like I didn't know what I was saying, but husband knew I had spent about 20 years working in that industry. I was trying to figure out how to get him out of there, but the other people in the room kept edging nearer and nearer and had threatening body postures. I decided to make a bold move.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #562 on: November 23, 2017, 12:18:12 am »
That does sound  like a thriller.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #563 on: December 06, 2017, 10:35:11 am »
Unusual that I had two dreams last night that I remember.

In the first, I was getting some sausage out of the freezer to cook,  :laugh:  and someone, I don't know who, was telling me it wouldn't be any good. He was wrong.

In the second, I was coming from somewhere with a huge flower pot and a bag of potting soil to repot the Norfolk Island Pine tree that sits on a table in my dining room.

I think the first was a memory of a recent conversation with someone where we were discussing the food at IHOP.  :laugh:  In that conversation I clearly remember mentioning that IHOP has a combination meal where you get a large-ish link of smoked sausage instead of those greasy little links of breakfast sausage.  :P

In the other, the Norfolk Island Pine is clearly dying. It should have been repotted a long time ago, but I have no way to get someplace to get a pot and soil except by public transportation, and I refuse to carry a large flower pot and a bag of soil on a bus.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #564 on: December 06, 2017, 08:10:20 pm »
I haven't had any memorable dreams in a while.  However, I have been sleeping better.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #565 on: December 07, 2017, 12:08:34 pm »
Sounds like a couple of guilt dreams, Jeff. You are too hard on yourself, but it's not easy to change the course of dreams.

I have a fig tree that is in a large pot and I don't want to put it in an even larger pot so I "root prune it" usually at this time of year. You spread newspapers or a sheet down, lay the plant on its side and work it out of its pot. Trim roots at the bottom and about 1 inch around the sides. Fan the roots out a little if they are intertwined. Don't be afraid to trim back quite a bit. Put some fresh potting soil in the bottom, replace the plant in the pot and add fresh soil around the sides. Put the plant back in its place, water, and then prune the top of the plant as needed. The plant will need some rest time and then it should have a flush of new growth.

With an evergreen, the new growth is in the form of "candles" little nubbins in a brighter color at the end of the stems. You can snap these off in order to contain the growth.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #566 on: December 07, 2017, 07:48:03 pm »
I had one last night I can barely remember.

I was  in NYC,  standing on a sidewalk looking at three young adults,  curled  up and napping together on the sidewalk.  I don't know why they were there, but they soon woke up and walked into a building.   I was still standing there, when a flow of water, no deeper than 1/4 inch,  but filled the whole sidewalk and street just flowed around  me and past me, down the block.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #567 on: December 11, 2017, 01:26:50 pm »
Last night I had a dream that I consider very sad.

I was in Provincetown walking west on Commercial Street by myself. I was just about up to the hardware store. In reality, the store formerly had a parking lot next to it, and you could see right down to the bay. Lately the building has been expanded so that you can no longer see the bay, but in my dream the parking lot was still there, with its unobstructed view of the water.

I was feeling very alone and very sad about it, and wondering what was wrong with me that I've never been able to find a permanent boyfriend. (In the dream I wasn't "counting" the one who died after less than a year back in 1999. In reality I do think of him at least one time a day, sometimes more.)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #568 on: December 22, 2017, 07:57:09 pm »
I was feeling very alone and very sad about it, and wondering what was wrong with me that I've never been able to find a permanent boyfriend. (In the dream I wasn't "counting" the one who died after less than a year back in 1999. In reality I do think of him at least one time a day, sometimes more.)

I'm sure Ennis, had he lived by the shore, would have been having similar thoughts, friend. But I don't think there's anything wrong with you. There's something major wrong with our generation. . .a whole generation of gay men were decimated. It's hard to find a soulmate when you're gay, because the numbers are working against you, but many more times harder in this generation. It breaks my heart. Still, I think there's always hope if you're willing to be patient and not grow bitter and close minded.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #569 on: December 23, 2017, 03:23:11 pm »
There's something major wrong with our generation. . .a whole generation of gay men were decimated. It's hard to find a soulmate when you're gay, because the numbers are working against you, but many more times harder in this generation. It breaks my heart.

very true!