Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941664 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #580 on: May 02, 2018, 11:39:41 am »
Nonsense, everybody knows that aliens are only interested in older humans who have much more, and more interesting stuff in their brains to study!  :P

Oh, no. They want young people with good sperm and eggs for interbreeding.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #581 on: May 02, 2018, 06:38:30 pm »
Perhaps it wasn't a dream.....perhaps you were visited!

Oooooooeeeeeeooooooo!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #582 on: May 15, 2018, 09:17:53 pm »
I had a very interesting dream last night. I was walking near my home, passing under the scaffolding of a building undergoing renovations. Next thing I knew, I was seated on a bench on the sidewalk just west of my building. Behind the bench is a large excavation for the foundations of a new high-rise; the excavation has been there at least five years now because the developer has been unable to secure financing and backing to proceed with the project. The excavation is surrounded by a fence, which is decorated with enlargements of photographs and other art created by students from the University of the Arts, which is only a block away.

Anyway, also seated on the bench was a man I did not recognize who was a new resident of my building, He was wearing tan trousers and a window-pane design shirt. He was also overweight. I was telling him about the neighborhood, and how it has changed in the many years I've lived in it. Gentrified was the word I used. I also mentioned that the neighborhood is the city's gayborhood. He disliked the idea of living among lots of gay people, so I told him he should not have moved into the neighborhood.

That's all I can remember.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #583 on: May 15, 2018, 09:30:40 pm »
Very interesting dream!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #584 on: May 16, 2018, 06:42:02 pm »
I also mentioned that the neighborhood is the city's gayborhood. He disliked the idea of living among lots of gay people, so I told him he should not have moved into the neighborhood.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #585 on: May 27, 2018, 08:41:33 pm »
There's an interesting story about lucid dreaming on this week's Radiolab:

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/218948-ghost-stories

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #586 on: May 28, 2018, 12:06:54 pm »
had a strange one the other  day about work.

I was at work, but on the teller line, not in back office anymore.  We were trying to close for the day, but a whole group of people came in 5 minutes before closing.  One of the employees started yelling at them, asking why they all came in at that time.

Then, a repair man  came in to fix the air conditioning, and for some reason, that made all the customers leave the bank.   :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #587 on: May 30, 2018, 09:32:13 am »
Some odd snippets from last night:

(1). I was making my bed.  :laugh:

(2). I was attending a sort of block party in my neighborhood. I clearly recognized structures in the neighborhood, except I was leaning against a wall in a location where in actuality there is a parking lot. Somebody was standing next to me. He was overweight, with blond hair that looked like it had been cut by somebody putting a bowl on his head and trimming around it. As I watched, a squirrel came up the sidewalk. Overweight blond guy reached down, and the squirrel ran up his arm and sat on his shoulder.

(3). I was at an appointment with the doctor who manages my trigeminal neuralgia. There was a nurse in the room. She was dressed the way nurses used to dress, in a white dress, white hose, white shoes, and a weight cap. She looked like the actor who portrays Tom Selleck's administrative assistant on Blue Bloods. The doctor and I were discussing the emotional problems I've been having with turning 60 years old. He told me his age was 55, which I'm virtually certain is not true in RL.

I can venture suppositions as to where the nurse business came from. On Saturday my dad and I ran into the woman who had been the head nurse and office manager in my pediatrician's office. At one point in the conversation, I mentioned that I could still see her in her nurse's whites from when I was a child. She responded that today nurses dress so "you can't tell them from the cleaning staff." (Incidentally, she still wears her hair the way she did in about 1963. She must be past age 80 at least, and she's still going strong, as the saying goes.)

As for Tom Selleck's administrative assistant, recently I was reflecting that I was glad they were giving her more air time. In early seasons she didn't do much more than open Selleck's office door and announce visitors. In one season not too long ago, she had time off to have a baby (at one point she was visibly pregnant). But this last season she was given more to do, and in one episode one of the subplots actually involved her. I think she is well cast in the role. She projects firm but quiet confidence. I like her, which is why I was glad she was given more to do. (Incidentally, she is capable of more demanding roles. In an episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit from this season, she played the distraught mother of a child who had been abducted by his father.)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #588 on: May 30, 2018, 10:38:44 am »
(2). I was attending a sort of block party in my neighborhood. I clearly recognized structures in the neighborhood, except I was leaning against a wall in a location where in actuality there is a parking lot. Somebody was standing next to me. He was overweight, with blond hair that looked like it had been cut by somebody putting a bowl on his head and trimming around it. As I watched, a squirrel came up the sidewalk. Overweight blond guy reached down, and the squirrel ran up his arm and sat on his shoulder.
Good on the squirrel. Somebody loves that guy, even though he is unattractive!

... she still wears her hair the way she did in about 1963. She must be past age 80 at least, and she's still going strong, as the saying goes.)

As for Tom Selleck's administrative assistant, recently I was reflecting that I was glad they were giving her more air time. In early seasons she didn't do much more than open Selleck's office door and announce visitors. In one season not too long ago, she had time off to have a baby (at one point she was visibly pregnant). But this last season she was given more to do, and in one episode one of the subplots actually involved her. I think she is well cast in the role. She projects firm but quiet confidence. I like her, which is why I was glad she was given more to do. (Incidentally, she is capable of more demanding roles. In an episode of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit from this season, she played the distraught mother of a child who had been abducted by his father.)

Two new muses for you in your journey!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #589 on: May 30, 2018, 10:44:05 am »
I wonder why I dreamed about making my bed?  ???

A made bed is an orderly thing. Perhaps the dream relates to my feelings that my home has become disorderly because I simply have too much stuff.