Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 942128 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #610 on: November 05, 2018, 10:33:55 am »
He looked very "80s" ,  John Stamos hair

Mmm. '80s John Stamos. ...  ;D

And he kissed you?  :o

;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #611 on: November 05, 2018, 10:36:06 am »
Very odd one last week, which I forgot to write about.

I walked into an office, and three of my four colleagues from my first job in Philadelphia were there. I greeted everyone, and they were all glad to see me. There was an empty desk, which, somehow, I knew was mine, and I sat down at it.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #612 on: November 05, 2018, 01:26:45 pm »
Interesting office-related dreams from both of you.

I don't understand what you would find odd about your dream, Jeff. Were you uneasy? Was it creepy in some way? Did something seem wrong?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #613 on: November 05, 2018, 04:24:15 pm »
Interesting office-related dreams from both of you.

I don't understand what you would find odd about your dream, Jeff. Were you uneasy? Was it creepy in some way? Did something seem wrong?

It seemed odd because that job came to an end 20 years ago, and I haven't seen any of my former coworkers since the early 2000s. It came out of the blue. There would seem to have been nothing to trigger such a dream. I am a believer that dreams do not come out of the blue. They are triggered by something, and there seemed to be nothing to trigger this one. It was NOT an anniversary of the end of the job.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #614 on: November 05, 2018, 10:13:07 pm »
Mmm. '80s John Stamos. ...  ;D

And he kissed you?  :o

;D

Hell yeah!  It was a nice dream!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #615 on: November 05, 2018, 10:18:03 pm »
Okay, that makes sense.

I had a dream that was definitely triggered by something I had seen on TV. I had watched the episode of "Frankie and Grace" where Grace takes off her false eyelashes and extensions and waves them at her boyfriend Nick, and then wipes off all her makeup. She stands before him defiantly, thinking perhaps that he'll run screaming in horror, but he just comes close, embraces her and says, "I'll take it."

In my dream, I was attempting to put lotion on my lips from a small vial, but every time the lotion spilled onto my neck. And I would have to massage it in to my skin and then begin again. It seemed to go on forever.

But other dreams I have don't seem to be triggered by a recent event. Instead, they seem to be me trying to make sense of my story over a period of months, or years.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #616 on: November 05, 2018, 10:23:55 pm »
It seemed odd because that job came to an end 20 years ago, and I haven't seen any of my former coworkers since the early 2000s. It came out of the blue. There would seem to have been nothing to trigger such a dream. I am a believer that dreams do not come out of the blue. They are triggered by something, and there seemed to be nothing to trigger this one. It was NOT an anniversary of the end of the job.

I often have dreams of old jobs.  When I started working for the bank, I would dream about the supermarket.   Later, when I started working for  the commercial lending area, I would dream about being back  at the branch.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #617 on: November 09, 2018, 10:30:37 am »
I had a wild night last night.

I remember at one point I was reading a newspaper (?) ad for a biography of Vivien Leigh.  :laugh:

Then I was spending the night in what seemed to be a Victorian house. I got out of bed, pulled the curtain aside, and looked out the window, and it was raining. Then I went to the bathroom, and I remember washing my hands and looking out the window again. It was still raining, but now there was a dusting of something on the ground, on patches of bare earth where there was no grass, and I couldn't figure out if it was frost or snow.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #618 on: November 10, 2018, 02:44:11 pm »
Hmmmm....I wonder what that would mean?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #619 on: November 13, 2018, 11:54:23 am »
My dream last night was very bizarre. I was in my parent's home in Oklahoma City. . .odd because I never did live there. My father, a couple of other family members and I were sitting in the garage (we had moved the cars out) and listening to a country music song on the radio. It had an upbeat verse about being "high" and then a quiet verse about being "low" that ended on a darker note. My father went over in the corner behind the water heater and when he came out he had morphed into my daughter's husband, was wearing a Carhartt coat like Ennis's, and was crying. I told him, "Yes, I also cry when I hear that song."

The second verse was particularly moving and contained the words, "To rest, to sleep, perchance to dream. To slip away from my mind's stream."