Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 942066 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #630 on: January 07, 2019, 11:41:22 pm »
Jeff, I like that look!

I also wore my black brocade Western vest so I could carry my pocket watch.

A year or so ago Jarrett Ott sang in a opera in Philadelphia. I forget if it was La Boheme or La Traviata. I didn't see it, but someone who did told me at one point he took his shirt off on stage.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #631 on: January 08, 2019, 07:52:51 pm »
Oh, those dreams would freak me out.  I would hate looking down from a great height!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #632 on: January 18, 2019, 09:44:46 pm »
I won't bore you with the details, but all of my latest dreams have involved groups--or crowds--of people. The latest one featured a dozen or so people who were moving in with me to a group home. Hmmm, wonder what that's all about!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #633 on: January 21, 2019, 03:41:32 pm »
Must be related to the renter situation!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #634 on: February 05, 2019, 06:26:32 am »
Oh, I had a pair of odd dreams over the weekend.

One dream I was back in my old position of a bank teller.  I was in my old branch, and  there was a bad snowstorm out.  I had all the tellers prove out their tills and go home.  I was trying to do the same, but I was surrounded by friends, some local, some Brokies, and they were all in my way, keeping me from getting my job done so I could get home.

The other dream, I was living in a trailer, but for some reason, had a big, plushy couch.  I was sitting on the couch, and I could see an indent where something was sitting, but it was invisible.  I could feel threatened by it,  and I kept telling it to leave, but it would just laugh or speak sarcastically at me.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #635 on: February 05, 2019, 10:59:32 am »
I've had some doozy dreams lately too, friend! But first, let's look at yours. . .

In the first dream, you were able to get your fellow tellers to put the priority of getting home safely first, but your own priorities were clouded by other people and your job needs. Does this address the issue of intermingling of your personal and professional actions? You have always prided yourself on your ability to manage your job and your life, but at the dream level you are perhaps not so confident. Sometimes that's a good thing. I like it when I dream about something complicated that I'm going to do and arise in the morning with all the logistics worked out. But other times it can be exhausting.

In the other dream, let me throw out the idea that the invisible person sitting on the couch with you may be another aspect of. . .you! Maybe, the snarky you? The yin to your yang? Or vice versa? Maybe you feel threatened by certain impulses that you don't feel you can control? There's a dichotomy about the comfortable sofa inside the little trailer. You might feel that you are being lulled into a less-than-ideal situation. The sofa might be "window dressing" that tries to make up for some deficiencies that you perceive in your situation? Does any of this ring true?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #636 on: February 05, 2019, 12:09:26 pm »
I'm about to forget my dream of last night so I'll write it down posthaste. I was in the house I grew up in, a mid-century suburban ranch style house. I was just visiting, home from college, and didn't have much in the way of luggage with me so I was having trouble outfitting myself for a date. My date, a young guy in a suit, looked somewhat like the young Joseph Gordon-Leavitt. We had grown to know each other in high school but hadn't dated, and now he expressed his great interest in taking me out. But I couldn't get myself dressed and had on the craziest outfit of a dress, leggings, and an old fashioned apron. My leggings had rips in them and when I was taking them off, I accidentally got lipstick on my legs. When I went into the bathroom to clean them, the bathroom was all torn apart in the midst of being renovated. The bathtub had fallen in and was full of leaves. I despaired of ever getting myself presentable but there was no one around to go tell my date that I would be a no-show.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #637 on: February 05, 2019, 12:31:35 pm »
The other dream, I was living in a trailer, but for some reason, had a big, plushy couch.  I was sitting on the couch, and I could see an indent where something was sitting, but it was invisible.  I could feel threatened by it,  and I kept telling it to leave, but it would just laugh or speak sarcastically at me.

Did you remember to paste numbers on your mailbox?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #638 on: February 05, 2019, 12:35:22 pm »
I'm about to forget my dream of last night so I'll write it down posthaste. I was in the house I grew up in, a mid-century suburban ranch style house. I was just visiting, home from college, and didn't have much in the way of luggage with me so I was having trouble outfitting myself for a date. My date, a young guy in a suit, looked somewhat like the young Joseph Gordon-Leavitt. We had grown to know each other in high school but hadn't dated, and now he expressed his great interest in taking me out. But I couldn't get myself dressed and had on the craziest outfit of a dress, leggings, and an old fashioned apron. My leggings had rips in them and when I was taking them off, I accidentally got lipstick on my legs. When I went into the bathroom to clean them, the bathroom was all torn apart in the midst of being renovated. The bathtub had fallen in and was full of leaves. I despaired of ever getting myself presentable but there was no one around to go tell my date that I would be a no-show.

Does going on the date represent something you want to do in RL?

Does being unable to get properly dressed and ready for the date represent you somehow sabotaging yourself to keep from doing something in RL?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 05:19:09 pm by Jeff Wrangler »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #639 on: February 05, 2019, 03:17:10 pm »
Does going on the date represent something you want to do in RL?

Doe being unable to get properly dressed and ready for the date represent you somehow sabotaging yourself to keep from doing something in RL?

Very good questions. Maybe on some level I'd like to be college-aged again and experience that thrill of knowing somebody wants to be with me (if only for superficial reasons). Maybe I'd like to see JG-L in more roles! But I fear that the real reason is just that I've been asked to attend some upcoming concerts and events and I want to dress festively but would rather not have to go out and shop. I went to the Wizard of Oz ballet last weekend and my outfit came together smoothly but I was nervous about it.

I'm not sure why I was back in my old house but maybe it had to do with my being somewhat obsessed with fashion when I was that age.