Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941460 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #750 on: April 13, 2020, 04:44:40 pm »
This one's fairly obvious, I think. The home I grew up in, and my mother, together represent security--a scarce commodity in these unsettled times. The moving footlocker represents travel, and my anxiety over when and how I will be able to get out to visit my father.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #751 on: April 13, 2020, 05:30:42 pm »
I agree with the first part of it about your mother. For the second part, you may be right. I came to a different conclusion, but I may be off base. I thought the train magazines and whatever is in the footlocker represent things you wanted to do but put aside. Maybe hobbies, dreams, etc. Now those neglected interests are pursuing you and saying "Hey, pay attention to me!"
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #752 on: April 13, 2020, 08:34:59 pm »
I had a good one recently.

I had a dream that there was a Brokie gathering, and the two of the Euro-Brokies were there (Jari & Ted).  They had told me that they both went on major trip to numerous countries.  I commented that it sounded wonderful, and that some of the places were places I would want to see.

They both then showed me a lot of pics of themselves, each wearing the same pair of sunglasses.  They then told me the sunglasses were mine, and that they took them on the trip and put them on whenever hey saw something that they thought I would like and had a picture taken there, wearing my glasses.

I don't know what the dream means, but I did wake up smiling. 

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #753 on: April 13, 2020, 09:27:35 pm »
I agree with the first part of it about your mother. For the second part, you may be right. I came to a different conclusion, but I may be off base. I thought the train magazines and whatever is in the footlocker represent things you wanted to do but put aside. Maybe hobbies, dreams, etc. Now those neglected interests are pursuing you and saying "Hey, pay attention to me!"

It's possible the train magazines might have something to do with my procrastination over going through my model train collection and making hard choices over what to keep and what to (I hope) sell, but then why did they disappear?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #754 on: April 13, 2020, 09:28:49 pm »
I had a good one recently.

I had a dream that there was a Brokie gathering, and the two of the Euro-Brokies were there (Jari & Ted).  They had told me that they both went on major trip to numerous countries.  I commented that it sounded wonderful, and that some of the places were places I would want to see.

They both then showed me a lot of pics of themselves, each wearing the same pair of sunglasses.  They then told me the sunglasses were mine, and that they took them on the trip and put them on whenever hey saw something that they thought I would like and had a picture taken there, wearing my glasses.

I don't know what the dream means, but I did wake up smiling.

So instead of a traveling garden gnome you had traveling sunglasses.  ;D

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #755 on: April 15, 2020, 12:39:20 pm »
It's possible the train magazines might have something to do with my procrastination over going through my model train collection and making hard choices over what to keep and what to (I hope) sell, but then why did they disappear?  ???

Maybe your brain was saying to you, "If you don't use it, you lose it." Or, maybe the train magazines went into the footlocker.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #756 on: April 16, 2020, 10:16:50 pm »
So instead of a traveling garden gnome you had traveling sunglasses.  ;D

Yes, and they were traveling without me.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #757 on: April 26, 2020, 10:57:28 am »
I was awakened last night by a dream so peculiar that I remember much of it. I was awakened by the sound of a telephone ringing, not some fancy smart phone ring tone but an old-fashioned ring. At first I thought it was my cell phone, but I realized that the ringing sounded distant, so that I thought it must be my land line phone in the living room. Then the thought came to that this couldn't be correct because I have an extension of the land line on the shelf of the night stand right next to my bed. Then I felt myself rolling out of bad and noticing that something was unplugged from the outlet behind the night stand, so I plugged it in; it was one of those adapter plugs like a phone charger. The next thing I remember, I'm back and bed and asking myself, Wait, did that really happen? I realized that it could not have really happened because the ringer is on, on the phone by the bed, so the sound of a phone ringing could not have been distant.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #758 on: April 26, 2020, 11:39:06 am »
Hmm. A ringing phone could be an alarm, a warning, an attempt to tell yourself something ...

Maybe sounding distant could mean you're not totally thinking about it yet, or not heeding the ringing phone's message, whatever it is.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #759 on: May 13, 2020, 11:58:09 am »
Sounds like the proverbial wake-up call!