Author Topic: Dream Interpretation  (Read 941384 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Dream Interpretation
« Reply #830 on: April 28, 2022, 01:26:51 pm »
I have a poor friend who moved into a cheap apartment and had to move out because of mold.

That's terrible.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #831 on: April 28, 2022, 04:16:26 pm »
I guess you could now say the Delta variant was read when you weren't.  :-\

:laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #832 on: September 20, 2022, 01:35:13 pm »
My dreams of late have been very chaotic. This morning I woke very early and decided to see if I could sleep a little more. I did but the dream I had tired me out. I was in a new place, a very nice apartment with large sunny windows. But the living room was aclutter because an old boyfriend of mine (who I haven't seen in decades) had suddenly appeared and was building a mailbox in the middle of the floor. It was actually 2 mailboxes with bodies like oatmeal tins, attached to a stand that was sort of like a pen the size of a baby's crib made out of lath. As I talked to him and admired his handiwork, a woman suddenly appeared, very dark and attractive (looked like Stockard Channing). She seemed to be partnered with said old boyfriend and was the one who had tracked me down and moved them into my apartment. Gradually, the place filled up with more and more people, mostly women, who milled around and seemed to know each other. I went into various rooms and grew more and more agitated about what was going on without my knowledge or control.  :-\
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #833 on: September 20, 2022, 04:18:31 pm »
I had a doozy of a dream last night.

I dreamed that when I got to work, the office had been rearranged, and everyone was sitting at tables similar to a preschool setting, no divisions between seats like the floorplan we have now.

I was surrounded by a group of younger employees, and we all got along really well.  One of the young women was mixing magic potions of some sort, and there was music piped in for us.

Suddenly, the radio started to play "Sister Golden Hair", and someone stood up and said "C'mon everyone, let's go dance outside!" and we all ran outside.  Instead of the usual asphalt parking lot, it was a park immediately outside the building, and everyone started dancing.

:o :laugh:

that's when I woke up,  and no, "Sister Golden Hair" was not playing on the alarm clock.  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #834 on: September 26, 2022, 11:17:57 am »
Sounds like the recreation of some fall ritual from the ancient times! That was a doozy for sure.

I've been at a conference of the tree people all weekend, and last night after I returned I had this dream, Sorry it's a bit long.

I was going for a job interview at a very old-fashioned office where the secretaries were all seated at large desks arranged around a central area, with offices around the perimeter. Everyone in the office was dressed in dowdy suits and clunky shoes with crisp white shirts. However, I was naked and walked through the aisles protecting my front with two large interoffice envelopes, the kind you could use over and over with closures of string wound around two paper circles. I didn't seem to be nonplussed by my uncovered state too much; this happens sometimes in my dreams and I've gotten used to it.

Eventually, I asked some of the ladies in the office if they had any extra clothes and shoes they could lend me and they all did. So, I was suitably dressed for the interview in the style of the office. The interview was more like a series of tasks that knights are given to win the princess's hand. One test was that a man came into the office and no one could figure out why he was there. He insisted that he had an appointment and sat down in the lobby, folding his suit jacket on his knee.

I was asked to greet him, keep him calm, and find out more information. I came to him and he stood respectfully. We shook hands and then sat down again. I asked his name and he said it was Mr. Vertrain. Very courteously I asked, "And what is your business with us here today, Mr. Vertrain?" Without speaking, he handed me a job application form which he had filled out with the name of Paul Verity at the top. So I asked, "Mr Verity, what job are you applying for?" He said he didn't know.

I relayed this information back to a group of people who were huddled around a desk in the central bullpen. Their response was to give me another charge: a small child who was wandering among the desks. I took her out to the lobby where a low table stood in a corner, with some wooden blocks and puzzles on it. She quickly sat down and started playing. Going back to Mr. Verity, I tried to get more information from him. The office workers had said that there were no more open jobs, but I didn't tell him that. His answers were puzzling and didn't give me any clues.

Since we were not making any progress I offered to give him a tour of the office. The child came along as well. The office workers didn't give us any attention, as if they were only projections on a screen. The girl danced and twirled around us and Paul listened intently to my descriptions which were entirely made up. We came to an empty office with two large windows that were open. "And this would be your office," I said with a flourish. Rather than being pleased he seemed to be somewhat disconcerted.

A couple rushed in, with papers, books and coats in their arms. "We've been looking for you," they cried. "We have a book for you." They handed me an old-fashioned leather-bound book and rushed out again. I excused myself from the room, leaving the child under the supervision of Verity. She was sitting quietly in a chair so it didn't seem to be a big challenge. I left them regarding each other quietly.

I went into another empty office which had a safe with an open door. The book in my hands had several scraps of paper sticking out of it at odd angles as if the previous reader wanted to mark the place of important passages. I decided to clean the book up before handing it over to management. I began to open the book in my hands and take out the scraps, putting them in the pocket of my suit jacket. Juggling the book, I came to the last marked passage and saw that the center of the pages had been cut out and a mechanism like a clockworks had been inserted, with the paper scrap sticking out of it. It was a bomb! With lightning fast thinking, I weighed whether to put it into the safe or to throw it out the window. I decided to throw it out the window but first I looked out and below to see if there were people. Although there weren't any I called out "Get away, it's a bomb!" and then threw the book out but didn't see it land. I closed the window and turned around. At last the people in the office were paying attention. I went back to the corner office but Verity and the child had left. One of the office workers came up to me and said, "Congratulations, you have the job."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #835 on: January 02, 2023, 01:34:31 pm »
My New Year's dream brought a few epiphanies. There were the usual crowds of people in my dream. There was a house as usual. This particular house was a ramshackle place that my son had bought on a whim for his family and me to live in. He had put in an offer which was accepted but the sellers hadn't announced it yet so looky-loos were streaming in and going through all the rooms.

At first I thought the house was a disaster, with windows and doors made from scavenged parts and walls covered in graffiti. But then I noticed that it had some very nice appliances and special features such as a great security system. If my son was willing to put in a lot of work, maybe this house would work for us after some time. Then, my son whispered into my ear that the house was formerly owned by a celebrity. Who was it, I asked. "Anthony Quinn" he answered.

I looked at the house with new eyes. Suddenly it seemed charmingly eccentric. I went outside where there was a fantastic view across a valley and there were pools and bathing places with hot, warm, and cool waters. Back inside, I admired the graffiti-covered walls which now seemed artistic and profound. In one room, two women were scrubbing the walls and removing the paint. "Stop!" I cried. "I own this now!" They didn't believe me and I had to go hunt the sellers to confirm that the house had been sold. I waited patiently to talk to my son who was talking to someone in the hallway. Recognizing the voice, I saw that it was Alan Alda. I was torn between wanting to talk to him myself, wanting to get my son to stop the de-graffitiing, and wanting to explore the house more.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #836 on: January 18, 2023, 01:08:15 pm »
A movie has come out that is so much like my dreams that I couldn't finish watching it. Have any of you seen "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once"? Well, that is what my dreams are like. Exhausting! Although I did like the idea of Michelle Yeoh playing me.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #837 on: January 24, 2023, 12:25:11 pm »
I was finally able to finish watching that movie last night. What really helped was seeing the comedy in it. That's what also makes my dreams so memorable too...seeing the absurdity of life and using it as a tool. I woke up to learn that it has been nominated for several Oscars. 

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #838 on: January 30, 2023, 06:38:38 pm »
Have you ever gone to a movie and then seen the movie set in your dream or had some of the characters appear? I imagine this happens a lot. But, have you ever had the opposite happen, where you go to a movie and recognize the set and/or characters that you dreamed about in the past? This happened to me last Friday. I saw the movie "Living" with Bill Nighy, and the main set, an office building in London, was the same as in my dream from last September!!  :o

...I was going for a job interview at a very old-fashioned office where the secretaries were all seated at large desks arranged around a central area, with offices around the perimeter. Everyone in the office was dressed in dowdy suits and clunky shoes with crisp white shirts.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #839 on: February 02, 2023, 06:13:33 pm »
No, I've never had that experience before.  Not that I can remember, anyway.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!