Author Topic: How has BBM influenced your daily life?  (Read 2614 times)

mvansand76

How has BBM influenced your daily life?
« on: July 30, 2007, 06:44:19 am »

How has BBM influenced your life? The way you look at things... The way you deal with other people... The way you deal with problems, frustrations? You know, everyday things...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: How has BBM influenced your daily life?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 07:36:50 am »
I'm quoting from something I posted elsewhere (http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,5089.msg99312.html#msg99312)  a while ago, but...

So, how has my life changed?

The obvious one is that I've made (and hope to meet at some point) some great friends.Like Barb, people I would have never had the honor and privilege to even know existed otherwise. 

The second one is that I've fallen in love. And I think that is at least in part because of Brokeback and my friends here.

I met Callum (and I hate telling people this generally as you get some odd looks) through myspace. Yes myspace - now I was not looking for a relationship when i went on myspace and have never been on a dating site - but I was just surfing and having a look at people's profiles who lived nearby in between posting on IMDB tremblay. I came across him - liked his profile - seemed like a cool guy with similar interests. So I sent a slightly flirty message. We started up a whole online conversations And it all went from there.

I had been single for nearly 2 and a half years (after ending a realationship of 6 years that had gone bad - the guy treated me very badly in the end - although not physically, but love is blind and all that) and had been on only 2 dates in that time. I was fine being single but was a little depressed that I had noone special in my life. I think BBM helped me open up my emotions and realise that there was someone out there for me and it was going to happen when it was going to happen, and not to worry to much but that I might have to take some chances here and there. 

My relationships with people online via Brokeback made me realise you could make some good adult friendships online and this made me more open to doing the same on myspace and therefore I took the iniaitive of actually contacting Callum.

It was after talking to Jenny (newyearsday) and a friend in 'real life' - i thought b*gger it - and took the plunge and agreed to a date with Callum.

After I met him - I thought he was lovely but too nice. I actually found conversations I had with Ray and Jenny the other day about him and it was funny looking back. but they said - whats wrong with a nice boy? he might be great for you. Whats the harm in a second date. I went and have been seeing him ever since.

I am totally in love. He feels the same. He basically lives at my house from a Friday night to a monday morning. My mother loves him, my sister loves him, my nieces now love him more than they love me these days and ask to speak to Uncle Callum everytime I answer the phone to them! And my friends think hes a great guy too. We had a great time on a holiday - when it could have all gone wrong and the plan is he'll move in properly after Christmas.

Thankyou BBM!!

Well, we've now been living together for 7 months - and all is still going well. So my life has changed cos I have soemone in my bed when i wake up in the morning; someone to argue over tv channels with and someone to cook for me!!

I should also add another change to my daily life - is a certain daily logging on to a certain internet site - I think it starts with a B!  :laugh:

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 08:00:17 am by Kelda »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

Re: How has BBM influenced your daily life?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 07:54:19 am »
Yeah, I remember reading that post, I am so happy for you that you found Callum!  :)

And I second the daily life change of logging into BM every day!

The other ways that my life changed:

* Coming to terms with some of my previous, similar to J&E, relationships.
* Not stressing over small things as much
* Starting to write again on a daily basis after 4 years of extreme nerve pain in my arm and hand...