Author Topic: Would you like to make a career switch?  (Read 9890 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Would you like to make a career switch?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 10:49:43 pm »
you are in the habit of screaming out inappropriate things now or are you planning on taking it up as a hobby???

Neither, smarty, that would come from the dementia. There is a history of Alzheimer's disease in my family.  :-\

and you pass on something to everyone you come in contact with. I hate to keep quoting Mary Renault...but "The sons of dreams outlive the sons of man" what we pass on in how we treat one another carrys further than any scrap of DNA..

You could do far worse than quote Mary Renault. A complete set of her "Greek" novels has an honored place in my library.  :) But it seems to me that quote cuts at least two ways. It reminds me of another quote, this one from Shakespeare: "The evil that men do lives after them."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 10:52:35 pm »
Neither, smarty, that would come from the dementia. There is a history of Alzheimer's disease in my family.  :-\

You could do far worse than quote Mary Renault. A complete set of her "Greek" novels has an honored place in my library.  :) But it seems to me that quote cuts at least two ways. It reminds me of another quote, this one from Shakespeare: "The evil that men do lives after them."

oops sorry, sweetie...you know I am. Didn't mean no harm.

but you don't have to worry about any evil stuff being passed on from you. I can't see any way you would have a evil bone...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 10:58:37 pm »
oops sorry, sweetie...you know I am. Didn't mean no harm.

I know, Little Darlin'.  :)  :-*

but you don't have to worry about any evil stuff being passed on from you. I can't see any way you would have a evil bone...

Another quote, this one from Jeremy Irons playing Claus von Bulow: "You have no idea."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.