Author Topic: A Silly Poll Just for Fun  (Read 8416 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
A Silly Poll Just for Fun
« on: August 09, 2007, 12:18:20 am »
A just for fun, light and frivolous poll :D

Let me tell you bout
the birds and the bees
and the flowers and the trees
and the moon up above
and this thing called love!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: A Silly Poll Just for Fun
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 12:30:58 am »
I love birds. On my way to work, I see an occasional crane/egret?? some kinda interesting white, long-legged bird---and I see the hawks sitting on fenceposts or gliding from one spot to another---love watching them. Ever hear John Denver's "The Eagle and the Hawk"? And I have dive-bombing martins (or is it martens?), nectar-sucking hummingbirds, worm-hunting cardinals, whoo-whooing owls, and various other avian types around my house! So---yeah. I voted birds. I don't have nothing against bees, tho---honey's a good reason.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 03:06:40 am »
I answered "I don't know" becuase I never understood the analogy. Hey! I'm just being honest. What do birds and bees have to do with anything? How do they relate to sex? Would someone explain this to me, because I'm beginning to think my parents left out some important things during their talks years ago.  ???
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline pettifogger

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Just passin through
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 03:13:03 am »
The way I heard it, at least according to some, the birds and the bees is a metaphorical story sometimes told to children in an attempt to explain the mechanics and consequence of sexual intercourse. According to that story, a baby is created when a bee stings a bird. In some cases the choice of birds and bees may be because they provide a ready metaphor for insemination (pollination) and childbirth (hatching).

You and I are travelers just passing through this earth

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 01:15:39 pm »
The way I heard it, at least according to some, the birds and the bees is a metaphorical story sometimes told to children in an attempt to explain the mechanics and consequence of sexual intercourse. According to that story, a baby is created when a bee stings a bird. In some cases the choice of birds and bees may be because they provide a ready metaphor for insemination (pollination) and childbirth (hatching).

I did't know that!  :D  The things you learn on the internet.  Thanks pettifogger  ;D and thanks for responding to my poll  ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 01:50:48 pm »
Birds and bees?  :o

In Germany, it's bees and flowers, which actually makes more sense. But it still doesn't answer the kid's questions where the babies come from. Therefore I never told my childen about bees and flowers. If they're old enough to ask, they're old enough to know.

In the poll I voted for bees - without any reason, just for fun.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 01:52:56 pm »

I don't "know nuttin  bout no Stinging babies,",,,,but I love nature, if thats what you mean.   Birds bees, and squirrels. etc..trees flowers.
 Just the whole of nature, and rebirth.

Beautiful mind

moremojo

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 02:24:29 pm »
The birds and the bees
Go together like Jack and Ennis, if you please!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 12:39:04 am »

Thanks for explaining that to us!  :D

My mother always told me it was a stork. But that still didn't explain to me HOW I got there in the first place! She just told me it was a stork who flew me in.

I didn't hear about the birds and bees until later on when I was a teenager and already thoroughly confused by the stork story. Then she'd sometimes try to inject some Lakota mythology into it. She'd tell me babies were created high in the mountains above the clouds and brought down to the valley by Wichitigulegha the raccoon. (I think that story screwed me up even more!) Okay. But we don't have mountains in Indiana and how does the stork fit in to all of this?  ???

And ya'll wonder why I'm so weird!  ;)  :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 12:46:54 am »
Birds do it!  ;)

Bees do it! ;)

Even educated Fleas do it!  :o

Let's do it, let's fall in love   :-*

Thank you Cole Porter ;D