Author Topic: Body Art (Tattoos & Piercings.. Got them? Not got them? Love them? Hate them?)  (Read 90091 times)

mvansand76

Hey Leslie,

I wouldn't add colour, you can always have that done later if you are not happy with it, but it's hard to take out when you are not happy with the colour, if you know what I mean? That's what they recommended me when I had my dragonfly tattoo. Now I have it only black and I am happy with that.

Uhmm.... let me see, I would say stem to the side... pointing to your shoulder...

:-*

Mel

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Anyway, we started talking and I explained why I wanted to get a tattoo and Heath and etc. She said, "Oh my God, when Heath Ledger died, I cried for two days." I took this as a good sign of being on the same wavelength

Leslie, I think you're in good hands with her and the date you'll get it done adds to this feeling. I really believe this is meant to be. Go for it!

L

I'd say no colors, stem up. Exactly as it is in the right pic.

Still thinking about mine...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
I found a red maple leaf on the ground today that looked just like the tattoo - only remarkable because I live in South Florida where there are very few maple trees and the leaves don't usually turn.  It looked just like a fall leaf from up north.

Up here we have "leaf peepers." Maybe you found a "peeping leaf"!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press

Leslie, I think you're in good hands with her and the date you'll get it done adds to this feeling. I really believe this is meant to be. Go for it!

Thanks!

I'd say no colors, stem up. Exactly as it is in the right pic.

I am pretty much decided on stem up (right pic) but flipping it 180 degrees (sideways).

Hannah is going to help me do some photoshopping after dinner so I can try to see how it would look with color, without, different orientations, etc. I'll post pics.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Huh?  ???

Peeping leaf... a leaf that made the trip from the north to peep at other leaves down south....

Oh never mind, bad joke.

L

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
So, today was the day...here's the first look. Tell me what you think. I'll post more details tomorrow.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
i'm happy for you Leslie!  Do you like it?  It turned out really awesome.  Maybe the artist could touch it up a bit with some shading.  I think Heath's had more of that.   Have you decided not to add color?  Way cool Leslie!  yay

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
I'm such a mess! Leslie, it made me cry. I am so happy and proud of you and for you.

I can't wait for mine.

O0

Heathen

mvansand76

I'm such a mess! Leslie, it made me cry. I am so happy and proud of you and for you.

I can't wait for mine.

O0

Are you getting a tattoo too, Roux?  :D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
i'm happy for you Leslie!  Do you like it?  It turned out really awesome.  Maybe the artist could touch it up a bit with some shading.  I think Heath's had more of that.   Have you decided not to add color?  Way cool Leslie!  yay

I decided to wait on the color. As everyone here said to me, I can always add that later. Jenn (the artist) said if I was at all ambivalent about the color, I should wait. So I did.

As for shading, Jenn thought that Heath's tattoo had probably faded a bit, since it was on his hand and exposed to light. She did my in "classic black" (her term) which is what she thought Heath probably had originally. I can go back and get a touch-up if I want. It's on the house (no charge) to get things fixed for the next six months.

L