Author Topic: Body Art (Tattoos & Piercings.. Got them? Not got them? Love them? Hate them?)  (Read 90753 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Body Art (Tattoos & Piercings.. Got them? Not got them? Love them? Hate them
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2007, 11:05:13 am »
Tricky, yes, but I also don't totally understand how the jewelry works. (I hope this doesn't make me sound like a moron!) With the captive bead, the guy at the shop uses these special pliers. Even with the segment ring (the one I am wearing now), he held it gently with the pliers and slipped the little segment piece in. I am not sure how I would maneuver that to do it myself.

Ah, right! Yeah this seems to be harder than a simple belly bar for example.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Body Art (Tattoos & Piercings.. Got them? Not got them? Love them? Hate them
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2007, 11:53:46 am »
i have three tattoos.  One very large one on the inside of my right calf..  an Amy Brown fairy, for those of you who have heard of her.. 

i've had my nipples pierced, belly button, upper cartlidge on my right ear, and two other wholes in my ear.  First time i got my ears pierced i was 10 years old visiting Columbia, South America.  Traditional needle and lots of booze.  lol

now i only have my ears done..  i tried to push a ring through my belly button a few weeks back.. i miss it but it was too closed up... maybe ill have a peircer redo it

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2007, 12:05:23 pm »
Leslie whenever i got a mamo done they always made me take out my  nipple rings
just so you know..  it may be diff for you sweetie

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2007, 12:08:08 pm »
My first tat was done on my left shoulder 18 years ago adn i had it redone a while back.. its a nice size rose with my daughter's name Ashley inked in a banner through the stem..  My fave tat is the one on my foot.  its healing well.  Paid too much for it though.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2007, 12:23:01 pm »
My first tat was done on my left shoulder 18 years ago adn i had it redone a while back.. its a nice size rose with my daughter's name Ashley inked in a banner through the stem.. 

Wonder what her/his name will be when she goes through the transition?   I kinda like Ash..  thats a nickname i call her.... one of the many!   really gotta stop with the Missy nick and Miss nick.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2007, 12:29:40 pm »
amy brown fairy?

Luckily for Ashley, her name is suitable for both sexes, so if she doesn;t want to change it, she doesn't need to.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2007, 12:31:08 pm »
my first tattoo

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 12:35:48 pm »
amy brown fairy?

Luckily for Ashley, her name is suitable for both sexes, so if she doesn;t want to change it, she doesn't need to.

Yes Amy Brown is a well known Artist who specializes in Fairy Pictures.  I found my Fairy tattoo in a book by her.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2007, 10:27:03 am »
Piercing and mammogram update:

I had my annual mammogram this morning. I had called last week to ask about the piercings and when I got there today, she said the same thing. First, can you take them out? I said I would prefer not to. Then she said, I can't guarantee that the radiologist won't ask you to take them out and I said, well, we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. And last, This may hurt more than usual...I don't know how tender they are and I said, I generally do not find mammograms painful.

And that was that. She did all the usual views, we chatted about the new digital machine she is getting in a year, and then she developed the films. Everything looked fine she said...this is in terms of clarity, not the radiologist's reading. I'll get that report in a few days.

Last but not least, the mammogram didn't hurt at all!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
I don't have any tattoos and the only piercings I have are my ears. :]
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3