Author Topic: Body Art (Tattoos & Piercings.. Got them? Not got them? Love them? Hate them?)  (Read 90085 times)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...and I'm already planning another one for possibly later in the year.  ;D

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Too many persons have tatoos galore, as some bodies you can NOT see them anymore !!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Good on you Bliss! Leslie if this is not a reason to trade in those airmiles ti come to Brussels in August to compare tats I don't know what is!!!

It is beautiful, Bliss! Congratulations...

Kelda, unfortunately, I am out of FF miles :-(

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Cool stuff Bliss! Cool stuff!

I haven't forgotten my plans for a tatoo. But I'm planning to have it done 10 years to the day (if possible) I had my first tatoo done. That would be the very end of July. It should be ready and still sore  :-\ at the August Brussels meeting...  ;D

Way to go Bliss! Excellent!

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Well a little update on mine. It's two weeks now since I had mine done. It's healed great and I'm really pleased with it. My parents weren't too impressed when they got back from holiday, but my mum said as long as I wasn't planning on getting any more....and sighed when she saw the look on my face! LOL. My dad still hasn't said a word about it, which generally means he's not impressed....but hey, I don't care! I think at 35 I'm old enough to decide what I want to do.

I'm undecided on whether to have the shading touched up a bit...Gary said the shading would fade a bit, and it has a little on the veins on the leaf. Mostly I'm thinking it's just fine as it is, but then sometimes I think maybe the veins could perhaps do with a little touching up, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

Then of course there's the issue of what I'm having for my next one (now I've finally gone and done it I want more!  :laugh:). Next year I want to have a small logo of the charity we've just started on my forum to coincide with our annual meet-up, and a little pink ribbon too to raise money for the local hospital's breast care service (my mum and her friend who both met when they were having treatment for breast cancer do a lot of fundraising for them), but I'd like to get something 'Brokeback' done as well. Not sure what yet...

Anyhow, here's the leaf two weeks on...

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old

I have to say it looks even better in real life than in the picture. Your tattoo artiste obviously knew what he was doing because it looks so natural, like a leaf fell down on your arm. It's very well done.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Your tattoo artiste obviously knew what he was doing because it looks so natural, like a leaf fell down on your arm. It's very well done.

I was really impressed with him - the amount of time he took carefully re-positioning the tracing to get it right from all the different angles. I'll definitely be going back there for my next one (when I decide what I'm going to have)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
I was debating getting a 4th tattoo, this time on my shoulder, of a bear pawprint, but I backed out of it.  Not sure I want to label myself that way.

I was thinking that when I reach my weight loss goal, I may get one on my back, of a runner breaking the finish line ribbon.

something like this.......

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
I know what you mean, Chuck. I'm ready for a 4th one too but i'm not really sure what I want.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
ya know, I have heard that tattoos can be addictive.  I never wanted one, and now, I'm thinking about my 4th.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!