Author Topic: Body Art (Tattoos & Piercings.. Got them? Not got them? Love them? Hate them?)  (Read 90142 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
I've never seen someone getting a tat before.

So even if I didn't get one myself, it was a first for me too.

And I feel very honoured to be there with Berit and Monika,
and to share this special moment with them.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
And here is the finished result

(Berit - I don´t got a good one of your finished tattoo!)

Today my - and Monikas - tattoo became one week old! I'm so happy to have my beatiful leaf on my arm an in my mind I'm planning for the next one!
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Today my - and Monikas - tattoo became one week old! I'm so happy to have my beatiful leaf on my arm an in my mind I'm planning for the next one!
  :-* :-* (((Berit))
I´m also feeling open to the idea of another one. It´s somewhat addictive

Is your tattoo healing properly?

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
   (((Berit))
I´m also feeling open to the idea of another one. It´s somewhat addictive

Is your tattoo healing properly?

8)
Yes, it is healing fine. I'm so pleased with is. I've started to think about a bracelet now.... 8)
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
Happy one week birthday, tatoos!   ;D

(I'm sure my soothing songs have something to do with the successful healing....   8))

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
8)
Yes, it is healing fine. I'm so pleased with is. I've started to think about a bracelet now.... 8)

I'm thinking about my next tat since I got my first one (April 2008). A bracelet has been on my mind for a while. But some day I might want to apply for a job again ... so I'm hesitant about a bracelet.

And happy first week anniversary for you two :).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
what a about the pain?
who did go first? How long did it take?

I was surprised how fast it was.
About the pain: depends on what part of your body gets tattooed. But in general, I think people imagine more pain that it is in reality. My tat is on the outside of the upper arm and it almost didn't hurt at all. Only a little bit really.
Greanted, it's one of the less painful areas, but measured by this experience, it can't be too bad in more sensitive areas.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Thought this might be the right place, and my Brokie friends the right audience, to get some FB about my tattoo ideas. :)

Here's some pics of bracelets I like:

The last one is my favorite so far. I like the simplicity of it. The general idea is to get something like twine, but instead of flowers added, I would rather add five leaves. The five leaves would stand for the five members of my family (but of course the association to Five Leaves didn't escape me).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Another idea is a regular tatto, instead of a bracelet. Could be done either on the inside of my wrist upwards (like in the pic). Or a bit higher, but still below the ellbow, and on the outside of my forearm. Or starting on the inside and winding to the outside.

Here's one I like:

What I don't like in this one are the black endings , whatever they're supposed to be. But I like the lines combined with the dots.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
One last idea I'm mulling about (for more than two years now :laugh: ::)).

At the Roundup 2008, I bought this pin for my handbag:

This, on the inside of my right wrist. I'm aware that it would not be possible to tattoo all the details, they're too tiny. But a pair of boots, standing like this and with embellishment.

You feedback is welcome! :)