Author Topic: What's the weirdest thing you've ever bought?  (Read 15142 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: What's the weirdest thing you've ever bought?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 02:50:39 am »
Check out how it's done here:

http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/reprod/semeneval/stallion.html

They do it with winning race horses and other thoroughbreds all the time.  After it's collected they sell it for artficial insemination.  The last derby winners sperm sells for an easy 50K a pop.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

injest

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 07:40:03 am »
yep that is how it is done. Ranger is very gentle and never has kicked but you still have to be very careful. We put the mare in stocks so she can't kick and Ranger cant mount her.

You also have to be quick with the AV cause it don't take long... :laugh: :laugh:

(I am joking but it can be scary....)

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2007, 04:44:20 pm »
[jumps up and down clapping hands in delight]

That's EXACTLY what it is!  It's a Buddy Jesus from the movie!!!  You can buy them!!!

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2007, 05:35:15 pm »
This the weirdest thing I ever bought.  The thing is, I didn't just buy one, I bought several!!!

and here is the story behind it!

http://www.backstreet.demon.co.uk/oddstuff/drinkingbirds/drinkingbirds.htm
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2007, 07:57:22 pm »
:laugh: :laugh:

I thought that's what it was!  :D

Where can I buy one?

On the left hand side of the screen, scroll down until you hit bargains - specials.  Click on it, then it's halfway down the right side of the screen.

http://www.silvercrowcreations.com/AccessoriesFrames.htm

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2007, 08:19:48 pm »
The strangest thing I ever bought was a clay figure that was a reproduction of something mesoamerican, it was called "male figure with skin lesions". I gave it to my sister for Xmess. She had said not to gove her anything because she already has everything. She now has two male figures with skin lesions.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2007, 08:51:36 pm »
The strangest thing I ever bought was a clay figure that was a reproduction of something mesoamerican, it was called "male figure with skin lesions". I gave it to my sister for Xmess. She had said not to gove her anything because she already has everything. She now has two male figures with skin lesions.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 01:01:29 am »

Not exactly weird as such. Probably best described as an imprudent purchase, considering who I gave it to as a gift.

I don't usually make impulse purchases, but I did on this one occasion. I was in a gift shop in a particular part of town  ;) when I spied a  large classy-kitsch figurine of Marilyn on the air-vent, complete with billowing white frock, quivering demeanour and garish makeup!  :D  It's not my personal taste in home decor. However, my ex is an ardent admirer of Marilyn- possibly her greatest fan - so I thought I'd buy it for his birthday. "He'll absolutely adore it," I thought as I watched the shop assistant gift wrap it in pretty lilac paper and a big pink bow!  ::)

That was the theory, anyway! Alas, as he opened it, his little face fell and I could tell that he didn't like it. "How will I explain this to my wife?" he asked. "It may be best if you keep it!"  He had a valid point. Obviously the George I know, is not the same George known to his wife!  8)

So now it sits in pride of place, atop my fridge in the kitchen. A camp icon in a camp residence! George's loss is my gain!  :D

I'll consider the consequences next time!  :-\   ;)   :laugh:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν