Author Topic: Celebrities aren't always so good looking  (Read 2505 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Celebrities aren't always so good looking
« on: August 15, 2007, 07:00:34 am »
I ran into this website via www.dlisted.com and thought it might be fun to post it here. It is a company specialized in retouching pictures and they have done some work on celebrities.

Click on this link www.iwanexstudio.com then on portfolio, you'll see several thumb-sized pictures of different celebrities. Choose one, then wave your mouse in and out of the picture to see the before and after. You'll see how normal looking and even ugly some of them are. You might end up feeling better about yourself!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Celebrities aren't always so good looking
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 05:54:49 pm »
I ran into this website via www.dlisted.com and thought it might be fun to post it here. It is a company specialized in retouching pictures and they have done some work on celebrities.

Click on this link www.iwanexstudio.com then on portfolio, you'll see several thumb-sized pictures of different celebrities. Choose one, then wave your mouse in and out of the picture to see the before and after. You'll see how normal looking and even ugly some of them are. You might end up feeling better about yourself!

oh my fecking gawd! I loooooovvvvvveeee it! Makes me feel a hella lot better at my bad photos!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 06:29:52 pm »
Interesting site! I actually liked the original photos better than the retouched ones, as they are more authentic, more real. True beauty shines out from within, and true beauty has no need of enhancement or adornment. And everyone is beautiful in their own unique way.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:01:44 pm »
We can all look good provided we have an inch of pancake makeup slathered on, and a 10,000 watt light shining directly on our faces or from the right angle and nowadays, computer graphics.  It's all smoke and mirrors, ladies and gents.   ;D 

I didn't see anyone who looked really bad.  One just looked her age.  They looked just like we all do, with facial scars and under-eye circles.  What was most interesting to me was how they reshaped entire bodies.  If you have thighs like normal people, they slimmed you and your face down, if you're so thin you have bony limbs, they fleshed you out, if you have strange contours - frog thighs - then they made you look normal.

Some people look better without makeup.  I didn't see Christina Aguilera on the site, but she goes around looking like a geisha with all the shit on her face all the time, but when she's clean scrubbed she looks incredible, young, innocent, freckled, just fresh and amazing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 08:10:46 pm by delalluvia »