Author Topic: Are BetterMost Forum Members Bored - With Discussion On the main board?  (Read 6435 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
i think of this group as a little family.. and like any family, we just like to go off on wierd tangents, talk about our day, chat, tease each other, chat a little more....act like big kids ( I personally don't get to do that enough in real life!) but occasionally we get serious too.

new members can join the family.. they should just be prepared to not talk about BBM all the time and join in in the great camaraderie we have here....come in, chill and join the ride if you wish.... you may actually find that you like it?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 05:37:07 am by kelda_shelton »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
I don't know if I'll ever get bored with this movie or board. I watched the movie this weekend for the first time in three weeks, and I saw the little wave that Alma gives as Jack and Ennis leave for the first time! Also, I watched the bonus features for the first time ever. The interview with McMurtry and Ossana was awesome. And there's still no one that I can discuss these things with aside from the true-blue Tremblayans. People you actually meet are highly overrated.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
as much as we do just to discuss.....anything...the weather, current movies, trips to Hawaii and new born babies etc.... 

Chris:

How is our favoutrite little Tremblay nephew doing anyway!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

slayers_creek_oth

Chris:

How is our favoutrite little Tremblay nephew doing anyway!?

He's doin good.....gettin big and he sleeps a lot but he seems to be as happy as a baby can be...thanks for askin!  ;D

TJ

I am persona non grata on the Dave Cullen BbM forum.

I am not yet bored with the discussion of Brokeback Mountain in any of its forms, Annie Proulx's Original Short Story (the book or magazine version); the Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana screenplay versions, or the Ang Lee Movie version.

This is the first story that I have read and the first movie that I have seen that reminds me of my own life, before and after the closet, the people in my life, my relatives, my friends, and the lives of gays and lesbians whom I have know in all of my adult life.

Although I am now 63, I have only been out of the closet a little over 22 years. But, I was not out of the closet as far as all of my family was concerned until November 1988.

But, in 1986, when I was in Tulsa with my own car, My parents and I went to see one of Dad's older sisters who lived East of Tulsa. I told Aunt Emma that I was living with a guy named Ed. Aunt Emma fixed us a snack to eat at her table and then she asked me a question which began with, "Joe, do you and your partner . . ?" Aunt Emma was also Pentecostal and had been the pianist at the Inola Assembly of God. I guess that since she had 10 children of her own and lots of grandchildren, many of whom were young adults, she knew more things than the folks did. In the early 1990s when I had moved back here, Mom told me after she had finished a phone call with Aunt Emma that Emma told her she had a lesbian grandaughter.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Speaking for myself, I am not bored with discussions of Brokeback Mountain and hope I never find myself in that position.

I will talk about this movie with anyone who will listen to me, much to the consternation of most people in my real life.  I think you may be finding that the turn-around time in replying to posts is quite a bit slower in other parts of the forum compared with Chez Tremblay and that might be frustrating.  I am definitely guilty of procrastination.  On the other hand, some of the 'new' has worn off for a lot of us, and we're getting on with the business of our everyday lives.  This in no way diminishes my personal commitment to this project.

So please be patient in that regard.

If anyone (TJ, others?) are bored and looking for something to do :) feel free to peruse news articles and so forth and post any worthwhile articles in Movie Resources.  I have some trouble keeping up with all the press out there.  And I'm not intimately familiar with many 'gay press' resources, although I'm learning.  My only 'criteria' per se is that I'd like the posts to be in someway tied in with Brokeback Mountain (the movie or the short story) or the message of 'finishing the story'.  I try to avoid blatant gossip-rag stuff.  Local interest stories of real-life people affected by the movie would be especially welcome, I think.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

TJ

Speaking for myself, I am not bored with discussions of Brokeback Mountain and hope I never find myself in that position.
<snip>

If anyone (TJ, others?) are bored and looking for something to do :) feel free to peruse news articles and so forth and post any worthwhile articles in Movie Resources.  I have some trouble keeping up with all the press out there.  And I'm not intimately familiar with many 'gay press' resources, although I'm learning.  My only 'criteria' per se is that I'd like the posts to be in someway tied in with Brokeback Mountain (the movie or the short story) or the message of 'finishing the story'.  I try to avoid blatant gossip-rag stuff.  Local interest stories of real-life people affected by the movie would be especially welcome, I think.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Lynne

I am too young to "finish the (Brokeback Mountain) story," I'm only 63; my grandfathers lived to be older than 88 and one great-grandfather was in his 90s when he did. My father was almost 83 when he went to be with the LORD in 1984 and Mom was almost 86 when she too passed on.

So, I can just add little chapters or short scenes to my own continued story. If everything I have posted about my experiences were stored in a computer since I got the first one in 1998, I might have a rough draft of most of my autobiography  . . . with many stories overlapping.

I just figured that much of the stuff that is being discussed in this section and the other sections could also be discussed or just discussed in the main forum, especially when it is related to the original story or movie.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
I usually check new replies to my posts and unread posts rather than scanning the boards themselves. When I see something interesting I respond, no matter which board it's on. I am still very interested in discussing the movie.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
No, not bored. Like Victoria, I'm 'discovering' it again. But I wish I had more time for TOB and the BetterMost forum. I don't even have time to read this entire thread..

Later though (so I keep saying..).

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -