Author Topic: Fun discussions are fine . . .  (Read 17025 times)

TJ

Re: Fun discussions are fine . . .
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 08:23:33 pm »
I embrace true Christians because they are all accepting and don't judge. They accept the world as it is and they don't incite hatred, fear, or bigotry.  The shame is there are so few around.

But, you do judge people yourself and if I had kept a copy of your PMs, I could prove it.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 12:03:55 am »
T.J. I thought you were interested in having more discussion of the movie and story, not more inside personal discussions, but this is turning into an inside personal discussion, so I'm confused. . . If you had chatted w/Ray like I have, you would know he is the most nonjudgemental person on the planet... he was willing to chat w/me until the cows come home, warts and all...
"chewing gum and duct tape"

TJ

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 12:56:22 am »
T.J. I thought you were interested in having more discussion of the movie and story, not more inside personal discussions, but this is turning into an inside personal discussion, so I'm confused. . . If you had chatted w/Ray like I have, you would know he is the most nonjudgemental person on the planet... he was willing to chat w/me until the cows come home, warts and all...

Ray sent me a PM and he called me an "old queen!"

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 01:39:57 am »
Turn the other cheek dear man and move on I say!  By the way, I am an old queen too.  What a coincidence huh?  Now let's behave like gentlemen and get over it.   :)
~A good general knows when to retreat~

TJ

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 07:34:51 pm »
Turn the other cheek dear man and move on I say!  By the way, I am an old queen too.  What a coincidence huh?  Now let's behave like gentlemen and get over it.   :)

Oh, are you quite effeminate and prefer to dress in clothes of the opposite sex?

I am NOT effeminate at all and the very thought of not wearing men's clothing and women's clothing instead is repulsive to me.

When I had an account with America Online (AOL), a guy who was mentally deranged and claimed to be "Christian," and yet hated gays and lesbians, decided he would stalk me and find out where I was posting messages. And he would attempt to expose me by pointing out to regulars of the various Message Bulletin Boards (MBBs) where I had an interest that I was homosexual.

In one major subject area where he did that, which was related to education of boys and girls, it was interesting the regular posters there, mostly parents, told him that they knew I was openly gay and did not care. They liked my input into the discussions.

He posted the same stuff in an Independent/non-denominational Trinitarian Doctrine Pentecostal Discussion MBB and I ended up getting a email from a non-Trinitarian Pentecostal woman who copastored a United Pentecostal Church with her husband and she quoted the Hebrew scripture where it is considered an abomination to wear clothing of the opposite sex.

I sent an email back to her and I wrote, "Lady, if you want to come to my home in Tulsa, Oklahoma and look in my closets, my dresser and chest of drawers, you will not find any clothing designed for women to wear. The only time that there are women's clothing in my home is when a woman is wearing them!"

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 08:36:06 pm »
I work for an international company and I have to know how to converse in American English, the King's English, Australian English, and Canadian English (South Africans use the King's English). There are a lot of differences. The U.S. is certainly not the authority in the English language. There are even differences between Western and Eastern Canada! One of the things I really enjoy is conversing on this board with people all over the world. It really helps broaden my perspective (as well as lightening my day--just check out Sheyne's translation of Malaysian subtitles!) It is terrific to chat with BBM lovers in Europe and Australia--that's why I often check out the chat room early in the morning, US Mountain Time, to see if there are any Europeans checking in during their evenings.

This is one of the coolest posts I've read on here in awhile! Who uses King's English besides South Africa? Forgive me, I'm ignorant on the matter.

I'm not badmouthin' anyone, but sweet little ol' me got banned from Davecullen for awhile! They are tough cookies over there.

Also, I'd like to add, I wish Ray would pm me and call me something! I think I get the least amount of Rayluv on this whole board! Alas.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 08:38:14 pm by sparkle_motion »
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 09:13:57 pm »
Oh Stacey!  I feel awful.  I really thought I HAD called you LOTS of junk.  How could I be so remiss?! I will remedy that this instant.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

vkm91941

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 11:05:30 pm »
Ray has names and Caricatures of a lot of us..ROFLOL

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 01:16:35 am »

O0

Heathen

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 07:56:43 am »
Ray has names and Caricatures of a lot of us..ROFLOL

Yup, I'll second that!  As a straight female who just got the Bronze medal in Chez Tremblay's Sexiest Men in the World Poll (nominated BY Ray), I am probably far more justified in being miffed at name calling than anybody else on this board....  :P 

TJ, I don't know you, buddy, but I DO know Ray.  We live in the same town and we are friends. And I can tell you now, he is an absolutely brilliant, beautiful and amazing person. He calls a spade a ******* shovel and doesn't take garbage. Nor does he tolerate fools gladly.  When I first joined IMDb, he thought I was a troll and some of his posts reflected that. Now had I been a wanker about it, he'd STILL be on my ignore list and I would never have found this great place. But being a "newbie", I gave people time to get to know me and accept that I was genuine - my love for BBM was genuine and I wasn't a troll.  This took TIME.  But I gave it the time it needed and not only do I have an online home and community of fabulous people at my fingertips, I have a great friend who makes me smile, makes me laugh and makes me feel really special.

Why don't you give it some time too??  And Ray is not a queen.  Bears don't wear tiaras, right Ray??  ;)  ;D

ooooh he's gonna kill me for that crack.....  PAYBACK for the Sexiest Man thingy..!!
Chut up!