Author Topic: Fun discussions are fine . . .  (Read 17018 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: Fun discussions are fine . . .
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 08:11:34 am »
Who uses King's English besides South Africa? Forgive me, I'm ignorant on the matter.

Don't know the answer to that one, but Ray seems to use "old queen" 's English  :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 09:56:56 am by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 08:16:14 am »
Yup, I'll second that!  As a straight female who just got the Bronze medal in Chez Tremblay's Sexiest Men in the World Poll (nominated BY Ray), I am probably far more justified in being miffed at name calling than anybody else on this board....  :P 

ROTFL - Oh Sheyne, you are histerical!  Is it too forward to ask what happened on IMDb?  A misunderstanding maybe?  I mean you're just so lovely, you don't seem like you could hurt a fly, is all I'm saying is all.  ;)
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2006, 10:10:50 am »
I have the honour of being called a bitch by Ray! I was so excited! Beats being branded a blonde!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2006, 11:04:36 am »
Hahahahahaha, you're all nuts!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 11:08:02 am »
Oh, are you quite effeminate and prefer to dress in clothes of the opposite sex?

I am NOT effeminate at all and the very thought of not wearing men's clothing and women's clothing instead is repulsive to me.

I, for one, would just prefer to wear no clothes at all. Problem solved!

Ray, Sheyne...any good nude beaches in your neck of the woods?
L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

moremojo

« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 11:20:06 am »
I, for one, would just prefer to wear no clothes at all. Problem solved!

Ray, Sheyne...any good nude beaches in your neck of the woods?
L
Hi, Leslie--

Have you read any of the "Conversations with God" books by Neale Donald Walsch? There, God (of all people) strongly implies that it is a mark of high spiritual development to go about naked. The Digambara sect of Jainism admonishes all monks to live life unclothed--the only religion, to the best of my knowledge, that enjoins nudity as a requisite for spiritual attainment.

Scott
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:28:18 pm by moremojo »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2006, 11:25:36 am »
Hi, Leslie--

Have you read any of the "Conversations with God" books by Neale Donald Walsch? There, God (of all people) strongly implies that it is a mark of high spiritual development to go about naked. The Digambara sect of Jainism admonishes all monks to live life unclothed--the only religion, to the best of my knowledge, that enjoins nudity as a requisite for spiritual attainment.

Scott M.

Scott, no, but this is interesting. On another mailing list I am on, this question actually came up--about this particular religion. I may share this info...thanks,

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2006, 11:27:26 am »
Scott, you never cease to amaze. I wish I had your life...I wish I had your brain!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 11:56:09 am »
Scott, you never cease to amaze. I wish I had your life...I wish I had your brain!!

Fronty, you know I wasn't calling "Bitch" AT you, I was calling it WITH you  ;D.  And I agree, Scott is a very bright cookie. *Admire actively* 

I swear Leslie, You HAVE to come here and discover our nude beaches for yourself.  I told you the spare room is at your disposal!  But I warn you, Celeste has suggested that I start covering my furniture in plastic if I am to continue my "free spirit" practices around the house and insist on inviting people to stay.

There was no BIG event on the IMBd board Chris that made me suspicious of Hippo, it was just that her appearance coincided with that paranoid period not long before the end when everyone was wearing dark galsses and plastic noses and eavesdropping behind doors and such.  Jenny C was another who copped a heavy duty interrogation.  (Actually Sheyne thought I said "Troll" but she misheard slightly!)  But she wasn't a troll, but a wonderfully funny, loving and clever gift.

Sheyne, I so can't wait to give you a very BIG bear hug. >:(  You thought your foot was sore!

Princess is right, you all inspire very clear images in my mind, perhaps one day I will send you the book. But be warned, I replace a lot of "s's" with "th" inline with Belle'th Old Queen'th Englith.  The's a great teather ya know!!

~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 12:06:53 pm »
The's a great teather ya know!!

Teather... Was that "teaser" (say yes, say I am one, go on, I am allowed to be called names by you, too!), or "teacher" (stop spilling the beans to everyone about this - we have another of them (*whispers* "teachers") around the boards, who suddenly makes me understand why not many people like us. NO, not you Sheyne...
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"