Author Topic: Troll discussion  (Read 7042 times)

slayers_creek_oth

Re: RED ALERT ! just registered here!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2006, 12:18:56 am »
He's using a dial up account on Verizon.  I have the entire range of IPs for dial up accounts in his region.  I don't know why he thinks it is smart for him to do this because Verizon has a very strict policy about abuse of their ISP accounts for such things.  He is risking his account with them.

He is a sneaky little bastard isn't he...
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:36:00 am by Phillip »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 12:33:14 am »
Way to go Phil!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:36:14 am by Phillip »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2006, 12:35:13 am »
Phillip, you are SO good at this. I'm really glad you're here.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:36:28 am by Phillip »

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2006, 01:07:22 am »
From Vikki's notice to Phillips calling the all clear = 9 minutes. Awsome! congrats all!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:36:48 am by Phillip »
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 01:11:14 am »
I am implementing our previously planned troll control program with the mods so, as I promised, we will continue to increase security measures necessary to protect the system.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:37:01 am by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 04:20:13 am »
Phillip  et al.
You RAWK!!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:37:14 am by Phillip »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 07:08:52 am »
Good work gang!

I was over at IMDB last night and one of the trolls was laughing that we think they are from Binghamton U.   He was bragging that they are smart enough to have unlimited ISP access.     

As for that troll post on the sexy man thread, it was innapropriate in that thread whether they were ligit or not.   Thus in my mind, it should have been deleted or moved by a moderator anyways.

Worried?   not really.  concerned?  yup.   A lot of us have some personal information about ourselves here and would prefer it not be blathered all over IMDB by them.    I see that we are up to 301 members already.   Our family is growing.  Hopefully we can ID the creeps quickly.   Sooner or later they wont use troll style names when they register. 

David    :-\
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:37:31 am by Phillip »

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 07:24:56 am »
Worried?   not really.  concerned?  yup.   A lot of us have some personal information about ourselves here and would prefer it not be blathered all over IMDB by them.    I see that we are up to 301 members already.   Our family is growing.  Hopefully we can ID the creeps quickly.   Sooner or later they wont use troll style names when they register. 

I don't think most of the people even read those troll threads anyway.  The reason these people continue is that they are getting people to reply to them.  The dumbest thing I saw there was some idiotic 'cease fire' thread.  Like they are Hamas or something.  When people actually reply to them, that's all the energy they need and that feeds totally into their perception that they are somehow relevant.

They're not.

In communicating with one of the other forum operators out there, they have found it very effective by removing the power of these people by just striking their names from the record, so that seems like a plan here.  I'll leave the thread but have edited out the handle.  From now on, we'll adopt that as a policy to strike the names from the record.  No attention or brownie points for them.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 07:34:51 am by Phillip »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline a_r2006

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Troll discussion
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 01:30:48 pm »
hurrah !