Author Topic: Favorite Lines From "Cheers"  (Read 14796 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Favorite Lines From "Cheers"
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 11:31:22 am »
Some of the Cheers writers and directors also wrote and directed Wings.  :)

George Wendt and John Ratzenberger both appeared in one episode of Wings (The Story of Joe (1990)) as Norm and Cliff.

Edit: Kelsey Grammer and Bebe Neuwirth also appeared in a Wings episode (Planes, Trains and Visiting Cranes (1992)) as Fraiser and Lilith.  :D

That DOES ring a bell, about them being in that airport.  I loved Wings.  And now I love Steven Weber. 

Lee, sorry for my chopped liver post.  It doesn't look as funny as I meant it to be when I wrote it.  No worries.  {{{Lee}}}

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 02:01:06 pm »
"What are you up to, Norm?"

"My ideal weight, if I was seven feet tall."

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 05:19:05 pm »
"What are you up to, Norm?"

"My ideal weight, if I was seven feet tall."

:laugh: :laugh:

Poor Norm. He sure was funny in that show though!  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 05:27:30 pm »

That DOES ring a bell, about them being in that airport.  I loved Wings.  And now I love Steven Weber. 

Lee, sorry for my chopped liver post.  It doesn't look as funny as I meant it to be when I wrote it.  No worries.  {{{Lee}}}

Yes. I remember some of the writers saying they really tried to keep a "Cheers" look and feel when they created "Wings". Helen's lunch counter always reminded me of the Cheers bar a little bit. I suppose that's why.

Also, both shows take place in Massachusetts; Cheers in Boston, and Wings in Nantucket. Maybe I shouldn't have said it was a spin-off from Cheers, but rather the two shows are closely related to each other. But there ARE a few common bonds that link the two shows together, and I think the writers were trying to point that out when some of the Cheers characters appeared in a couple of the Wings episodes.  :D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 05:36:59 pm by David »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 05:33:03 pm »

That DOES ring a bell, about them being in that airport.  I loved Wings.  And now I love Steven Weber

Yeah, I like Steven Weber too. I've also been a big Timothy Daly fan for a long time. He was so cute in Wings. He's still very good looking. Tim will be starring in a new show this Fall called "Private Practice". I can't wait to see it!  :)

Okay. Back to the Cheers lines now! Sorry about that Jess. I'm not trying to hijack your thread here!

I love reading all these funny quotes from the show. They are very funny!  :laugh:

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2007, 08:19:48 am »

Oh Pishaw!!
Don't even worry about it!
I took it just how ya ment it!! ;D
LOL! I am a bit of an air head sometimes! LOL :laugh: :laugh:
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"