Author Topic: which scene made you cry ?  (Read 23292 times)

Offline a_r2006

• Jr. Ranch Hand
which scene made you cry ?
« on: May 08, 2006, 02:11:52 pm »
For me, it was the scene when JACK travels miles to see Ennis when he hears that Ennis had got a divorce only to be turned away by Ennis who decided to put his daughters first.The heartbroken look on Jack's face and the tears he wipes as he drives away spoke more than a thousand words could have done.JUST thinking of that scene makes the tears flow...................

vkm91941

Re: which scene made you cry ?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 02:23:21 pm »
First tear was in the that second tent scene, so tender, so lovely...

Cried with Jack driving back to Texas after the "got your post card about the  divorce" misunderstanding...

Really began to cry during the fight by the lake " I wish I knew how to quit you"....

cried all the way through the call to Lureen and the visit to Jack's Mom and Dad and wept out right a the end with the shirts and "Jack I swear"    :'(

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 02:30:11 pm »
the first viewing, I didn't cry until about 20 minutes after the movie, after that I usually cry at "Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it" then Lureen's litte whimper during the phone call sets me off and I cry through the rest of the movie with a brief break during the Alma Jr. scene then restart when Ennis buttons the top button of Jack's shirt.

though, I'm pretty sure at some point I've cried during most of the scenes  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 02:32:59 pm »
I never actually cried but I had a hard time with....

"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it".......I felt Jacks pain in that scene.....cheesy as it sounds...

"I wish I knew how to quit you" scene.....both Heath and Jake had to let it all go in that scene.....tears at your heart...

"Jack, I swear".....just as 'The Wings' picks up.....Ennis buttons up the shirt and looks at the post card.....the combo of Heaths performance, Angs direction and the MUSIC made that scene unforgettable....

Offline a_r2006

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 02:41:37 pm »
the scene when ennis cuddles the shirts.........makes my eyes burn each time I think of it ! I must have cried buckets for a few weeks after watching the film for the first time !

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 02:43:31 pm »
The first time I saw it, I got misty for the first time at the phone call to Lureen, then teary when Ennis first entered Jack's room, and it was so stark, and I thought, "How could *he* have lived in that room?"

The second time I saw it, I began weeping soundlessly at the beginning of the lake trip, knowing it would be their last time together, and never let up until the credits finished rolling.

Since then, sometimes I'm gripped by it again and start weeping at any number of places, as early as the second tent scene, and as late as Ennis' last line.  Other times, I've been able to watch it all the way through and not shed a tear.  No matter what, though, I never get over that shot of Jack's face after he's been hit with the tire iron.  It makes me gasp out loud and put my hand to my mouth every single time.
No more beans!

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 02:46:16 pm »
The last time I saw the movie in the theater, I started crying at "Nice to know you, Ennis del Mar."

I just thought: Jack, you've got NO IDEA.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 03:05:43 pm »
The last time I saw the movie in the theater, I started crying at "Nice to know you, Ennis del Mar."

I just thought: Jack, you've got NO IDEA.

LOL, if it's not too offensive to say that about someone crying. You're right, though, nakymaton!

I could cry at any number of scenes in the movie. But just to name a different one from everyone else's picks, I cry at the scene with Ennis in the alley. I feel sooooo sorry for him. He knows he's losing the love of his life but is powerless to do anything about it (and, to make things worse, feels terrible about punching Jack).

The other day, while making a bed and contemplating Ennis' future, I burst into tears and then wondered if I will ever again be sane.

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 03:11:24 pm »
 ;D Not offensive at all, Katherine. In fact, I was kind of amused at myself for about a minute while I was leaking tears. (I cry like Ennis cries, not like Cassie cries.)

I've kind of changed from crying at the obviously sad scenes (first time was when Ennis was on the phone with Lureen, and then through to the end) to crying at the happy ones.

I figure that when I start crying when the "Focus Features" logo comes on, maybe I'll pass through to the other side of the movie and will be able to accept it for being beautiful and not feel so obsessed and torn up about it.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 03:21:52 pm »
I never actually cried but I had a hard time with....

"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it".......I felt Jacks pain in that scene.....cheesy as it sounds...

"I wish I knew how to quit you" scene.....both Heath and Jake had to let it all go in that scene.....tears at your heart...

"Jack, I swear".....just as 'The Wings' picks up.....Ennis buttons up the shirt and looks at the post card.....the combo of Heaths performance, Angs direction and the MUSIC made that scene unforgettable....

100% with you Slayers. Though I never cried, I have a hard time at these three points too.
Luigi
They were two friends of mine