Author Topic: Pet Peeves  (Read 115515 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Pet Peeves
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2009, 10:03:35 am »
You don't have to read it if you don't want to. It's the author of the poll who introduced those topics!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2009, 10:04:58 am »

WARNING! (some options may be offensive)......  :-\

Perhaps this from the first post should be repeated.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2009, 10:19:55 am »
Wonder why?  Guess gay men are not immune to the sexualization of women's bodies.  Women's bodies have been used as sexual objects for so long, that when a mother breastfeeds - actually uses her breasts for what they are for - people get embarrassed because they believe she is exposing something that should only be seen in intimate sexual moments. 

I think I explained why. It just strikes me that nursing is a very private and intimate thing between a mother and her child, and nobody else's business. This has nothing to do with sex.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2009, 10:21:55 am »
Okay, if I'm allowed to be a serial comma user, then which comma(s) were you thinking were misused, in the spirit of wanting to improve myself friend!

Try this, as in the book title: "eats, shoots and leaves" when no pause is intended" "eats shoots and leaves."

But in my opinion the misuse is NOT using the serial comma.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2009, 10:23:31 am »
Just after my sister gave birth to her first child, she thought it would be funny to squirt me in the face with her milk. :P

Eeeew!  :o  :P

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2009, 10:56:38 am »
Wonder why?  Guess gay men are not immune to the sexualization of women's bodies.  Women's bodies have been used as sexual objects for so long, that when a mother breastfeeds - actually uses her breasts for what they are for - people get embarrassed because they believe she is exposing something that should only be seen in intimate sexual moments.

I think I explained why. It just strikes me that nursing is a very private and intimate thing between a mother and her child, and nobody else's business. This has nothing to do with sex.

You've reminded me of a time I was in California, and went to a botanical garden with some brokies....it was a peaceful place.  While we were walking, we came upon a lovely batch of flowers, and sitting on a nearby bench was a mother nursing her child, we stopped in our tracks, and she looked angry that we dared to be walking in the garden at that moment.

At that point, one of the Brokies leaned to me and said:  "Well, she picked the right place to do this." and then nodded to the flowers in front of us, and the mother.

The sign there indentifying the flowers read:  "Succulents".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2009, 11:29:15 am »
Tell you what. I was a "bottle baby."

Plus, in my work I've had to look at so many photographs of diseased, pendulous female breasts, that, added to the fact that I'm gay--no way do I "sexualize" the female breast.  :-\

A set of muscular male pectoral muscles, to be sure, but the female breast? Nope. ...

injest

« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2009, 07:01:03 pm »
You don't have to read it if you don't want to. It's the author of the poll who introduced those topics!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

it's ok! You made me laugh...especially the part about spitting...

I was just teasing...I remember the first time I read "Jaws"...if you read it do you remember when the woman was listening to the man pee and talking about men having bladders the size of watermelons?

that is true!

:laugh:

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2009, 10:52:09 pm »

???

She's feeding her baby.  Why is that 'no one else's business' and an 'intimate' thing?

So if you're eating or you're feeding your child a hamburger or bowl of cereal, are you going to go somewhere private since it's no one else's business when someone else is eating?

Looks like a plain-jane everyday thing to me.  And they do it many times per day.

Perhaps if society let them do it whenever their child needed to be fed, there would be less of these rosy ideas of 'intimate moments' for something as dirt-common as feeding a hungry child.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2009, 10:54:34 pm »
Tell you what. I was a "bottle baby."

Plus, in my work I've had to look at so many photographs of diseased, pendulous female breasts, that, added to the fact that I'm gay--no way do I "sexualize" the female breast.  :-\

A set of muscular male pectoral muscles, to be sure, but the female breast? Nope. ...

The women didn't do that to their breasts on purpose to gross you out.  :-\