Author Topic: Quiz or Quizas? (answers now posted)  (Read 16851 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Quiz or Quizas? (answers now posted)
« on: May 08, 2006, 06:02:29 pm »
....That is the question!

Howdy folks and welcome to "Quiz or Quizas".  A little quiz put together by yours truly for the pleasure of you good people.  Now, as Celeste (co-writer) pointed out to me, as I was about to come up with my short list of questions, that as most of you have the DVD and/or screenplay of BBM, and I know what big cheats you all are, that you would just pop the disc in and whiz to the scene that was needed.  So, I have made all the questions about details from the film extra hard mainly using the help of my new best friend: the infamous 6x zoom!  Meet your doom with the 6x zoom! :laugh:  There are also some easier ones in there for all you less experienced Brokies.

This is the first part of the triliogy:  Quizas, Quizas Reloaded (a special complete the line round) and The Quizas Revolutions.  Then that is definitely it for me on the quiz front.  I know I said that before but this time I am maxed out, "I swear".

Anyway, I figured the best way to do this is for you to copy and paste the questions to a PM and answer them as a PM and then send it to me.  This will then be marked and your score will be posted on this thread (unless otherwise stated in your PM).

After the quiz is first posted (today May 8th), the quiz will close 10 days later on the 18th of May.  After the answers are posted, I will announce who is the winner of all.  Then it will be on to the next quiz.  There's no messing around here.  If you wish for all of your scores to be added together please state that in your PM to me.

I would just like to say a special thanks to: Celeste, my quiz partner, for all the help with adapting the questions and cutting down the shortlist; David (Indiana), for helping me with the Aguirre's magazine question; and, of course, the brilliant mods here at "The Lighter Side Of The Mountain": Will, Fran, AnnMarie and Memento; and last, but not least, Philip, who has brought happiness to me through this site for the last few weeks. :-*  Anyway, enough with the thanking and on with the quiz.

Beckala!

P.S.  "U girls need a push?"  Will-U also edited, proofread, corrected and fixed a lot more with punctuation, grammar and "spacing"!

Quiz or Quizas?

1) What is the license plate number of the big truck that Ennis gets dropped off by?

2) How many steps does Ennis take walking to the bar?

3) How many sheep died the year they had a big lightnin' storm?

4) What letter are all the sheep marked with?

5) What animal is Ennis carving out of wood?

6) What brand of whiskey do the boys drink?

7) Who is Jack afraid might catch him and Ennis with an elk?

8 ) How long does Ennis reckon it takes to ride a "piece of stock"?

9) Where did Ennis' sister move to with her roughneck?

10) Where did Ennis and K.E get some work?

11) What are the lyrics to “Water-Walking Jesus”?

12) How many times does Jack beat the shirts he is washing?

13) What is Jack's uncle called?

14) What do we hear the Chilean sheepherders say?

15) What apparently "Runs in the family"?

16) According to a line in surf party, what is illegal to park on the beach?

17) What is the name of the magazine that Aguirre is reading and what is pictured on the front?

18) What vegetable is on the chopping board while Alma is scrubbing the clothes?

19) Where will Ennis take the girls to get an ice cream?

20) Which of the characters has asthma?

21) What is the name of the barman in the scene with Jimbo?

22) Where is Cheyenne Hunter (the rider after Lureen) from?

23) What was Lureen’s time on the barrel race?

24) On what date does the rodeo, where Jack and Lureen meet, start and finish?

25) What cut of meat does Ennis promise to bring home for Alma?

26) What colour is the phone in Lureen and Jack's bedroom?

27) Who is Bobby "the spittin' image" of?

28) What number is 'ELKS' at?

29) How many steps are there up to Ennis and Alma's apartment?

30) In what day, month and year is the first post card sent to Ennis?

Well done, you have just completed the first leg of the trilogy!  It wasn't that hard was it?  Now, get your scrawny asses to my PM now!  (God I will get 100 in the next few minutes, I just know!  What have I let myself in for?! ::) )

=UPDATE=
The answers have now been posted for all you junkies. But do not dispare if you have not yet taken the quiz. You can still do the questions yourselves and then check the answers that have been posted later in this thread, I trust you to mark your own....I think. Of course if you prefer for me to mark your quiz I would be happy to, but you just need to state in your PM that you are sending me the answers for Quizas 1. And if you have missed it you can always look for "Quizas Reloaded" that will be posted tomorrow.
Enjoy!

« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 05:36:27 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Marking scheme...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 06:19:14 pm »
Marking scheme for y'all:

0-5: You best get your scrawny ass back to that DVD player, pronto! Poor score, cowboy.

6-10: You been drinkin'? Outta that whiskey spring o' yours, I mean. All that drink must have gone to youe head!

11-15: Did the transmission go on your pick-up while making your way to Brokie high-school? Bad luck bud, you just missed out. I'll be sendin' up a prayer for you next time.

16-20: Howdy partner! Well done you are and official graduate of Quizas class 1. Feel free to piss in as many tents possible and sit on harmonicas anytime you like, you deserve it!

21-25: Ennis and Jack would be proud, you are a true Brokie through and through. You came up trumps....Oh, no wait a minute that was the beans.

26-30: Yee-haw, friend! That is more points than you've scored in the past few months. Coffee and cherry cake for all, that is unless you can't eat any just now!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 01:07:54 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Quiz or Quizas?
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 06:30:26 pm »
This iquiz is a thing of beauty, Becky.  Is the response we send to you a one-shot thing?  Meaning, what if we PM you our response, and then we realize we know one or more other answers, do we get to add them? 

I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and send the ones I already know or wait til I'm sure I've gotten all I can, before sending. 

Clarissa
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 03:18:26 am by Will-ABC »

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 10:23:21 pm »
TJ - please PM answers to Becky, don't post.  The answers, right or wrong, are a secret for now.  Thanks.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

TJ

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 12:18:07 am »
TJ - please PM answers to Becky, don't post.  The answers, right or wrong, are a secret for now.  Thanks.

Why don't you do it for me? I rarely do PM contacts.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 01:33:16 am »
Because I am here online, I am going to cut and paste TJ's resposes into a PM for Becky, then delete the post.
Becky - if you don't get it for some reason, let me know - I'll keep a copy.
Thanks,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

TJ

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 01:46:56 am »
Because I am here online, I am going to cut and paste TJ's resposes into a PM for Becky, then delete the post.
Thanks,
Lynne

Thanks to you too, Lynne. Much obliged!  :)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Note for all...
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 07:17:46 am »
Firstly:

P.S.  "U girls need a push?"  Will-U also edited, proofread, corrected and fixed a lot more with punctuation, grammar and "spacing"!

That is the result of having no sleep and having to cram for a geography test that you have the next day! What would I do without my Wills? Hunh? ::) But why did you have to take my big heads comment out? Don't you like me commenting on how wonderfully big your head is Will?LOL :laugh:

As you may notice I have also made a few more changes. Thanks to Fran and TJ for both pointing out that it is Jack and Lureen's bedroom and not a labour room. Also thanks to TJ for telling me that 'Elks' is the name of a social organisation and therefore does not reside anywhere. Changes have been made accordingly.
Also I would like to inform you that questions 22-24 are all about the rodeo where Jack and Lureen meet, not the one where Jack meets Jimbo after, that is question 21.
This quiz is a thing of beauty, Becky.  Is the response we send to you a one-shot thing?  Meaning, what if we PM you our response, and then we realize we know one or more other answers, do we get to add them? 

I'm trying to decide whether to go ahead and send the ones I already know or wait til I'm sure I've gotten all I can, before sending. 

Clarissa
Thank you for the kind words, all of you.
Yes it is fine to add them on, aslong as you are not cheating and watching the DVD as you go along. I will know if you cheat. *Puts feet on desk and stares through binoculars at all the Brokies rushing to get their DVDs*. Afterall, if you cheat you are only cheating yourselves.

Thanks,
Lynne
Thanks Lynne, I did get it and I will be posting TJ's score soon enough.

Now what I don't get is that you have all commented on it, but none of you (apart from TJ) have played yet. You will not get your Brokie Trophy if you do not play!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
TJ scores....
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 07:21:17 am »
.....12: Did the transmission go on your pick-up while making your way to Brokie high-school? Bad luck bud, you just missed out. I'll be sendin' up a prayer for you next time.

I bumped up your score a few points cause you gave me some useful facts along the way. ;D

Who is next?

TJ

Re: TJ scores....
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 01:41:41 pm »
.....12: Did the transmission go on your pick-up while making your way to Brokie high-school? Bad luck bud, you just missed out. I'll be sendin' up a prayer for you next time.

I bumped up your score a few points cause you gave me some useful facts along the way. ;D

Who is next?

Thanks for the "bumping up of my score" in your game! That's fine; but, read on.

I missed some of the questions by not giving an answer to some of them which I did know the answer out right because I am disabled due to a head injury and also have a vision problem in my right eye due to a detached retina. That's also why sometimes I type "who" when I mean "how" or the opposite.

Not all of us are perfect, young lady and, according to your profile, some of us are old enough to be your grandparents, too. In the USA, you would have been considered to young to see the movie without a parent or guardian with you. One is supposed to be 17 to see an R-rated movie in the USA if one goes by oneself or without an adult if in a group of teenagers.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 01:46:54 pm by TJ »