Author Topic: Quiz or Quizas? (answers now posted)  (Read 16767 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: TJ scores....
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 02:16:08 pm »
Thanks for the "bumping up of my score" in your game! That's fine; but, read on.

I missed some of the questions by not giving an answer to some of them which I did know the answer out right because I am disabled due to a head injury and also have a vision problem in my right eye due to a detached retina. That's also why sometimes I type "who" when I mean "how" or the opposite.

Not all of us are perfect

As I have already stated you may change some of your answers simply by PMing me what you want to change and such(I do it by PM to keep the answers private until I am ready to release them to the players).
I understand not all of us are perfect, believe me, you just have to ask Will as he is always editing my posts.

young lady and, according to your profile, some of us are old enough to be your grandparents, too. In the USA, you would have been considered to young to see the movie without a parent or guardian with you. One is supposed to be 17 to see an R-rated movie in the USA if one goes by oneself or without an adult if in a group of teenagers.
Please do not refer to me as young lady, although it is true(but I am not sure about the lady part ;) ) I find it quite patronising. And according to your profile you are not old enough to be either of my grandparents as my nan and grandad are atleast 20 years your elder. And yes, I am aware that in the US you have to be 17 to see an R-rated movie, as I learnt on one of my many trips to the US. But that is not the case in Europe. In the UK you had to be 15 or over to see Brokeback, parent or not.
I do not think that age matters when it comes to maturity and knowledge. Please do not assume you know everything about me because of my age, I may be young but I have been told many times before that I have an old head on my shoulders. And I am sure if you talk to any of the people who I correspond with regularly I think they will tell you so too, even though most of them are double my age.
Once again: Age does not affect maturity or intellegence.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Quiz or Quizas?
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 02:52:50 pm »
On a lighter note, seeing as we are supposed to be on the lighter side of the mountain.
Deedee's score:
22: Ennis and Jack would be proud, you are a true Brokie through and through. You came up trumps....Oh, no wait a minute that was the beans.
Well done you are an official graduate of Quizas class 1. Feel free to piss in as many tents possible and sit on harmonicas anytime you like, you deserve it!
Well done, girl! That is the highest score so far. ;D

Now who thinks they can do better? Go on, have a go if you think you are hard enough!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 03:03:55 pm »
Please do not refer to me as young lady, although it is true(but I am not sure about the lady part ;) ) I find it quite patronising.

Becky, I agree. I hate that term.

TJ, yes it's true that the official rule in the United States is that people under 17 cannot get into R rated movies, but in my experience, it is hardly ever enforced. Before I turned 17, I hadn't seen a rated R movie in the theatre, just because there was never one I particularly wanted to see. I was so excited to show my driver's license the first time I went to see one after turning 17, but I still have never been asked. What is your point in bringing up Becky's age? I see it as nothing but an attempt to claim some sort of superiority. How would you feel if you spent as much time on something as Becky obviously did on this quiz, and someone tried to dismiss it because of your age?

TJ

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 03:40:41 pm »
I was seriously teasing Becky with what was supposed to be my version of wry humor.

I have been patronized by quite a few people who were half my age and I was not the only person to whom they talked down.

While very strong so-called "adult" language was used in the movie and even in the original short story, it could have been toned down some without changing the spirit of the original intent of the story.

I have heard educated adults quote someone who never used 4-letter words when speaking to anyone and those adults add vulgar words into what was supposed to be a direct quote.

I have also heard educated or just morally straight adults quote a person who used lots of 4-letter words all of the time and they not even repeat what the person said word for word; but, the quote was exactly what the person meant in the first place.

There is an old saying, "The man had nothing to say so he swore." In that expression, all the man said were 4-letter and other vulgar, coarse words which we commonly call in the USA, "cussin'."

The truth of the short story and the movie should be seen by boys and girls in early puberty. If I had known some of the stuff that's in the movie and had the right knowledge to go with it when I was 12 years old, going on 13, I would have understood why I had certain feelings down below the belt in the presence of a real cowboy. He was the young adult son of our neighbor who was a rancher. The effect that had on me changed my interested in boys my age and younger to "older men" or just those in their teens who looked a whole lot like the cowboy in slim build and hair on their chests.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 11:07:28 pm »
Whatcha waitin' for, Cowgirl, a matin' call?  I want my score....

Not really, I know you have a life, Becky, it's just hard to wait. :)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 08:58:18 am »
I came, I quizzed, I sucked...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 04:48:59 pm »
Whatcha waitin' for, Cowgirl, a matin' call?  I want my score....

Not really, I know you have a life, Becky, it's just hard to wait. :)

Hold your horses woman! LOL

Clarissa got:17:
 Howdy partner! Well done you are and official graduate of Quizas class 1. Feel free to piss in as many tents possible and sit on harmonicas anytime you like, you deserve it!

You originally got 16 but you were soooo sooo close on two of them I decided to count them as half points and bump it up to 17, cause I am generous like that. :-*

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 05:12:54 pm »
I came, I quizzed, I sucked...

LOL You may have "sucked" but you gave me a laugh doing it. And what is with all the people questioning my mental state today? Yes I am mad....your point being. Don't get me angry....you wont like me when I am angry! *rips off shirt in Hulk style rage*
Now where were we? Ah yes...
Celeste scored 7:
You been drinkin'? Outta that whiskey spring o' yours, I mean. All that drink must have gone to youe head!

But all of you deserve this, for trying:
Yee-haw, friend! That is more points than you've scored in the past few months. Coffee and cherry cake for all, that is unless you can't eat any just now!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 05:56:43 pm »

Celeste scored 7:
You been drinkin'? Outta that whiskey spring o' yours, I mean. All that drink must have gone to youe head!

OMG - And I made fun of Chris for doing so badly...   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  Brokie shame...

And Bx, I would take the whole thing of people questioning your mental state as a gentle hint to get some help.  Soon!  Really!!!!!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 06:05:57 pm »
Fran scored: 26 and 1/2! :o (The half is cause you were only got the second half of the Chilean hearders speach)
Howdy partner! Well done you are and official graduate of Quizas class 1. Feel free to piss in as many tents possible and sit on harmonicas anytime you like, you deserve it! Yee-haw, friend! That is more points than you've scored in the past few months. Coffee and cherry cake for all, that is unless you can't eat any just now!

I think I have met my observance soul mate! So if I need mental help NOW then so does Fran, we need group thearpy, Fran. ::)

OMG - And I made fun of Chris for doing so badly...   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  Brokie shame...

And Bx, I would take the whole thing of people questioning your mental state as a gentle hint to get some help.  Soon!  Really!!!!!

You didn't do as badly as Chris, he told me that he got 2 out of 30! He should hang his head in SHAME if he is reading this, SHAME! LOL  :laugh: