Author Topic: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...  (Read 342984 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: br. patrick and his near-death experiences...
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2007, 09:21:29 am »
Okay but where I am conflicted brother is we I reach a point in life I feel I HAVE to do something, I don't find myself willing to surrender to a higher power, maybe to ask the higher power for the strenght to do what  I  feel needs to be done.  Like St Francis's pray "Courage to change the things I can..." How does this new prayer work in such a situation?
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2007, 02:30:52 pm »
"Engineer my circumstances, O Lord, according to Your Will"
You know to me thats scary!
You never know what God might have planned for you. Look what happened to Moses! He goes up on the mountain and then nest thing ya know hes wanderin areound in the desert withthe Children of Israel! LOL
Maybe it's just were I am in life right now but the thought of letting go scares me.
I need to though, I feel like one of them Chinese plate spinnners with all them plates going at the same time!
It's eshausting!
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2007, 04:30:41 am »
Gotta let go of it or it will drive you nutz.

I'm really glad that you have found the solution to deal with the NUTZ!  Must be hard having so many people 'depending' on you.   Hang in there, friend!

{{CyberHugs}}

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2007, 02:40:14 am »
Okay but where I am conflicted brother is we I reach a point in life I feel I HAVE to do something, I don't find myself willing to surrender to a higher power, maybe to ask the higher power for the strength to do what I  feel needs to be done.  Like St Francis's pray "Courage to change the things I can..." How does this new prayer work in such a situation?

I can understand your inner turmoil because we all "have" to do things we would rather not do.  To me, having a higher power HELPING makes it as easy as possible.  It's also understandable not to be willing to surrender one's will.  I've been there and done that.  In fact, I used to be at the extreme opposite and would utter "As I will, so mote it be." ('mote' is an archaic way of saying 'may' or 'might')  I learned this in High School from books on Witchcraft.  And with the help of an 'entity' some times it actually worked.  But I've told you how I was screwed over by an 'unfriendly entity' so I did a 180 degree turnaround over the next few years at that time in my life.  I WANTED to depend on SOMEONE/THING to tell me what to DO!  That's what eventually led me to "Thy Will Be Done" and then "The Perfect Prayer" because "Thy Will Be Done" is just too vague.  I can't really imagine living any other way, now.

So in a situation in which you feel you have to do something just do it.  "Courage to change the things I can" is a good prayer too.  (It's the 12 Step Prayer) but even there you are asking for a higher power's WISDOM.  And that is a good thing.   "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

You have asked a really good question and I want to give you a reply from the One Who IS.  SO, what makes you 'unwilling' to surrender your will, if only for a moment?  Do you think that it would not be the Will of a higher power for you to do this 'thing' you feel you HAVE to do?  Talk to me, you've got a really good point here!

{{CyberHugs}}

br. p

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2007, 03:04:28 am »
"Engineer my circumstances, O Lord, according to your Will"
You know to me thats scary!
You never know what God might have planned for you. Look what happened to Moses! He goes up on the mountain and then nest thing ya know hes wanderin areound in the desert withthe Children of Israel! LOL
Maybe it's just where I am in life right now but the thought of letting go scares me.
I need to though, I feel like one of them Chinese plate spinnners with all them plates going at the same time!
It's eshausting!

The thing about Moses makes me laugh.  One of the things that I STILL remember in my talks with the One Who IS, back in August, is that "he" told me that "he" was much YOUNGER when he made the dinosaurs!  That cracked me up but - if we ARE , made in "his" image, then it would be normal to grow in intellect and wisdom.  From what I now KNOW, "he" has 'grown up' and would never do now what was written about the Israelites 40 year trek.  Moses supposedly wrote the book in the bible about that.  Maybe if HE would have prayed "The Perfect Prayer" he could have reached the promised land in a few weeks!  God also scared the sh*t out of Moses.   Back in August, when we talked, it was Lover to beloved!  Although, I did hear "Well done, my good and faithful servant" with a 'sound' that could have SHOOK a mountain - but it was said so lovingly!

If I were you I would re-read the first message in this thread about the Covenant he has made with LGBT people and their loving friends.  I certainly can remember times in my life before I 'let go' that really could have turned out much worse.   The One Who IS helps us in any case, whether we know or not!

You have asked a question similar to Truman's.   What is it about 'letting go' that scares you?   I really want to know because I am clueless without knowing this.  For me it was simple because I WANTED someone to run my life who knew what was best for me.   Tell, tell!

{{Cyber-clueless-hugs}} :-\

br. p
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 12:00:02 pm by Br. Patrick »

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2007, 12:29:55 pm »
I think I am fearful because what I might want for my life the higher power might not want, might have some reason for me to stay in a place I no longer care or want to be in.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2007, 02:45:24 pm »
I don't even know if I can articulate it.
i guess it comes form having no faith in myself.
I'm afraid he'll put me in circumstances that I don't want to be in or don't think I can handle.
I know he tells us in Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I guess I have trust issues. I just don't know how to let go.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2007, 02:11:20 am »
Hello again, Brother Patrick. I was still alert to the endless possibilities of Legacies, and I remembered that I had written you a PM in response to the film Loggerheads which might have made some mention of it.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2007, 02:25:34 am »
I guess I have trust issues. I just don't know how to let go.

Whew! I thought this was going to be a really tough one.   But you have raised one of the most simplest of answers.  FAITH!  Just ask and you'll have it.  It's FREE and always given.   I should have picked up on that from your comments.  DUH!  Faith gives you the Trust that allows you to let go!   It's really simple.   And no strings or anything like that!  The One Who IS LOVES giving this gift!  Just to be certain that I am relaying proper information, one would ask for Faith IN the One Who IS.  'He' will take it from there.   It's as easy as breathing!  Then you just relax!

{{CyberHugs}}

br. p  ;)

PS, Realize that this is the ONE who created your essence; the YOU in you...  'He' made the person we have come to know and love.   Your genetics may have been a "gleam in your father's eye" and the "egg" that your mother was born with.   That gave you your appearance, talents, gifts, creativity...   But the YOU in you came from the ESSENSE of the One Who IS.  Your ESSENCE is unique and precious and Loved; "a thing marvelous to behold".   Isn't that just awesome?

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2007, 05:11:35 am »
I think I am fearful because what I might want for my life the higher power might not want, might have some reason for me to stay in a place I no longer care or want to be in.

Believe me, I can't even imagine the possibility of that happening.  'He' KNOWS what is best for us and is not out to 'get us' so what you already feel is most likely exactly what you will continue to feel.  Remember the Covenant to "The People of the Rainbow" and realize that 'he' has been on your side all along.   If things change then it will be for the best.

Don't want to get "all holy on your ass  (Latter Days)" but one of my favorite scripture quotes is Romans 8:28 because I was given a really cool melody for the words:  "God makes all things work together, for the sake of those who have been called, according to 'his' decree."

I now understand "according to 'his' decree" to BE the Covenant he has made with us~!

Join Daniel and make a big sign for your mirror:  NO FEAR

{{CyberHugs}}

br. p