Author Topic: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk  (Read 147716 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2008, 05:50:32 pm »
I think a really good moisturizer (rich in vitamin K & E) for around the eyes can go a long way.

I have a friend who used skin lighteners to reduce the darkness around her eyes, but then you'd have to be sure of what creams you use because of the sensitive nature of the skin ...

And other thing - get plenty of sleep!  :)

Thank you, Lucise. From what everyone says, I think I am going to have to start going to bed earlier!!  ;) And use the moisturizers before going!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2008, 05:53:29 pm »
Hi Shasta,  As I grow older, I am noticing the under-eye darkness a little more, but then again, I, like you, know I don't get enough sleep at night either.  When I do manage to get  7 hours of sleep a night for several nights in a row, it seems to help.  Seven hours seems to be the golden number for me.  I don't notice the darkness and my face doesn't look so tired.  My 4 legged hairy "kids" wake me up early to let them outside, and to eat, so that doesn't help either.  On weekends, they don't know it's the weekend, and they wake up pretty much the same time as they do during the week.  I usually go to bed around 11:00/11:30 PM and get up weekdays at 5:30 AM.  Weekends I usually get up about 6:30 AM/7:00 AM.  There never seems to be enough hours in the day, does there?

You are right, Dobie!! I rarely get anything finished!! I've just about stopped dusting because the dust covering just reappears within 3 or 4 days -- with all the dogs -- so what's the use?!! LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2008, 05:56:09 pm »
I have a friend who used skin lighteners to reduce the darkness around her eyes, but then you'd have to be sure of what creams you use because of the sensitive nature of the skin ...

I was going to suggest that earlier, but I think it depends on whether the under-eye darkness is the result of skin pigmentation -- in which lighteners would help -- or skin that's just translucent enough to show what's going on underneath. In other words, these undereye circles aren't bruises (I don't know what causes them, actually), but if you put lightener on a bruise I don't think it does anything.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2008, 05:56:34 pm »
My husband also has had it for ages. That's why I know about the possible connection with kidney problems. Luckily, his kidneys are just fine.

But you're right, the other combination of causes isn't too great either  ;) :laugh:
Oh well, mother nature sure has given you a fair trade-off for it. Either you'll stay healthy like a horse until you reach 90, or you don't get orange-peel skin, or your teeth are arragned beautifully even (this comes from a person who knows that uneven teeth are not a simple cosmetic problem, but also will cause health problems once you're not 20 anymore  ::)).

We don't get a choice on the fair trade, do we? If so, I'd like my trade-off to be a 38-26-35 figure!!!  ;D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2008, 06:02:48 pm »
I was going to suggest that earlier, but I think it depends on whether the under-eye darkness is the result of skin pigmentation -- in which lighteners would help -- or skin that's just translucent enough to show what's going on underneath. In other words, these undereye circles aren't bruises (I don't know what causes them, actually), but if you put lightener on a bruise I don't think it does anything.

That's probably right, Katherine.

I went to eat lunch with my cousin (who did have to work today) and I wore the camouflage make-up around my eyes -- she is an expert at putting on make-up and I am NOT. The less, the better to me. Anyway, she complimented my eye make-up today. Maybe I need to use that more often. It's heavy and I don't like to wear it, but I guess it works pretty well at covering the darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2008, 06:06:54 pm »
I get circles under my eyes when I worry a lot and dont get enough sleep..   Like in the pics of the WC Florida Brokie meet.   Its my daughter again..   Doesnt matter how old they are, they still worry you..  I had a terrible nights sleep night before I met up with Truman, Bob and Steve.  The concealer that I used didnt cover the circles, and my eyes were puffy too.  Makeup does wonders for my looks most of the time.  I got blood work done last week and the results are all fine.  So thats a good thing.  For me this whole aging thing is a difficult transition.  I dont like it!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2008, 06:25:25 pm »
I get circles under my eyes when I worry a lot and dont get enough sleep..   Like in the pics of the WC Florida Brokie meet.   Its my daughter again..   Doesnt matter how old they are, they still worry you..  I had a terrible nights sleep night before I met up with Truman, Bob and Steve.  The concealer that I used didnt cover the circles, and my eyes were puffy too.  Makeup does wonders for my looks most of the time.  I got blood work done last week and the results are all fine.  So thats a good thing.  For me this whole aging thing is a difficult transition.  I dont like it!

I don't like it either, Dev!  >:(  I guess it's inevitable, but I still feel very young in my mind -- my body says different tho. Sometimes I look in the mirror expecting a girl and I see this 50 + year old lady looking back!!  :-\ It's a bummer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2008, 10:06:47 pm »
You sound so much like me, Shasta, with the dust and the animals and the age (I'm in my early 50's).  Did you ever think you'd get to be the age you are?  I didn't.  I often wonder how I got to be the age I am so quickly!  When you said you look in the mirror and expect to see a girl, and you see a 50+ lady, I feel exactly the same way.  I don't feel any different than when I was in my 20's & 30's; maybe a little wiser and more mature, but to me, I'll think we'll alwaybe be girls!!!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2008, 10:42:12 pm »
You sound so much like me, Shasta, with the dust and the animals and the age (I'm in my early 50's).  Did you ever think you'd get to be the age you are?  I didn't.  I often wonder how I got to be the age I am so quickly!  When you said you look in the mirror and expect to see a girl, and you see a 50+ lady, I feel exactly the same way.  I don't feel any different than when I was in my 20's & 30's; maybe a little wiser and more mature, but to me, I'll think we'll alwaybe be girls!!!

I know. I keep pushing up my definition of middle age. LOL. But not that many people live to be 106!  :laugh: 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2008, 11:22:56 pm »
I also use something called Vitamin A moisture mask from...Boots? The Body Shop? one of those. Instead of applying it and then taking it off like a mask, I put it on my face just like a moisturizer and let it sink in, just wiping off any excess. I also apply it at night. It works really well, and gives your whole face radiance.

Sorry! I got the name of this product all screwed up. It is by Botanics and it's called Vitamin Recovery Mask. Hope you can find it!
"chewing gum and duct tape"