Author Topic: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk  (Read 147681 times)

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk
« Reply #150 on: March 23, 2008, 03:40:06 pm »
I'm green of envy.....I have never shaved anything......well, now when I'm 54 I sometimes have to shave the chins and under the nose.....but not a leg, not an armpit and certainly not down below.......I look like a 5 year old, almost.....NOT FUN when I was young and still in school......my ma is the same......the daughter has a daddy with FUR so she is in between :laugh:

What an incredible  ::) :laugh: :o tread........
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #151 on: March 23, 2008, 11:05:47 pm »
My bf is part native american ( cherokee ) and part sweedish so basically he looks like a hairy indian.  :laugh:

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2008, 05:14:11 am »
MsMercury

What an absolutely charming combination he must be....... ;D.....I love hairy guys.....they can be bald on the head, no problem but on the body......I prefer FUR ;) ;D :D :o

Berit
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline MsMercury

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2008, 02:29:14 pm »
MsMercury

What an absolutely charming combination he must be....... ;D.....I love hairy guys.....they can be bald on the head, no problem but on the body......I prefer FUR ;) ;D :D :o

Berit

Well, I've always disliked a lot of body hair on men but we've been together for 7 years ( known each other for 18 ) so obviously I no longer mind it that much.  ;D   When you love somebody things like that don't matter. His body hair is extremely soft too.

injest

« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2008, 08:20:26 pm »
Well, I've always disliked a lot of body hair on men but we've been together for 7 years ( known each other for 18 ) so obviously I no longer mind it that much.  ;D   When you love somebody things like that don't matter. His body hair is extremely soft too.

my hubby has very little hair, too much Native American in him.. just a little bit of a happy trail and THAT hair..

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2008, 12:57:49 am »
I have very light, fine hair, so I don't shave my legs in winter and rarely even my pits (and NEVER "downtown"). I'm not even always scrupulous about it in summer. But that's because you could be sitting a foot away from me in bright light and still not detect any leg hair even if I haven't shaved for months. So it's relatively easy for me to skip it.

But for women with thicker, darker hair, it seems very socially expected to shave legs and pits. Of course, as Del said, you don't have to. But if you go around in shorts or skirts with dark, thick hair on your legs, or a tank top with bushy pits, you'll pay the social consequences in this culture. Which I think is too bad. It's natural and should be accepted as such.

It's interesting to hear that the trend is more recent in Germany. I know I'd always heard that European women didn't shave their legs and pits, though whenever I've been there I've seen no hairy legs, so I thought maybe that was a myth.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2008, 07:09:13 am »
Well, I'm not a woman, but one of the recent trends is "manscaping".....where men have chest, leg, back hair removed.

there's also "special clippers" sold to shave the scrotum.

::)

I want my man to look like a man, meaning body hair where ever.  The only think I "trim" is when the eyebrows get bushy, I cut the longer hairs to keep them neat, and use tweezers when I get occasional ear hairs.

As for the trend in Germany being recent, I remember back in 1984, there were a number of comments here in America made about German singer Nena Kerner, lead singer for the group Nena.  They were very popular at the time for their song "99 Red Balloons" and in some footage, she had raised her arms in a sleeveless shirt, and you could see her armpit hair.  I remember not being bothered by it, but a number of people commented on it.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2008, 12:17:12 pm »
As for the trend in Germany being recent, I remember back in 1984, there were a number of comments here in America made about German singer Nena Kerner, lead singer for the group Nena.  They were very popular at the time for their song "99 Red Balloons" and in some footage, she had raised her arms in a sleeveless shirt, and you could see her armpit hair.  I remember not being bothered by it, but a number of people commented on it.

I remember Nena but not her armpit hair, since it was (and still is) perfectly normal here  :laugh:.
I think in 1984 no woman in Germany shaved anything (I was 16 by then). Alone the thought of shaving the legs would my mother or aunts cause to shake their heads.  :laugh:

Oh, and I remember when my friend visited the US for the first time in the late 80ies. None of us young girls owned a bathing suit, we wore bikinis. Bathing suits were for elderly ladies. When she came back from the US, she said she had bought a bathing suit there, since verybody wore one and she had been stared at in her bikini.
After three kids I prefer a bathing suit today, even though I'm not an elderly lady ::). How times change  :laugh:

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #158 on: March 27, 2008, 08:39:45 pm »
I have been reading the posts in here about "shaving" for the past week, and have hesitated to add my own, because it is such a personal thing. But I'm feeling in a "what the hell, put your two cents worth in" kinda mood today, so......

As much as most of us ladies do not enjoy the task of shaving or waxing, the bottom line is, it is our mindset, that smooth legs and arm pits is prettier, more feminine and much more attractive. It is no more or less a routine than getting our hair styled, or wearing an attractive outfit, if we feel good about it, then thats why we do it. I guess its what we, and others, perceive as attractive, and smooth legs and arm pits are considered that.

As far as shaving the "other area"....well........I find that being smooth "down there" very very sexy.

I have not always shaved there, but I go through stages and moods, where I keep it either trimmed, or completely shaven, and because I am in the mood to have it that way, I find it attractive and I feel very sexy and those feelings are reciprocated by my husband, and not in a pedophilic way, but because it adds a sense of adventure, and a "different" feel about things. Its just all about enjoyment of how one feels, and I like feeling sexy, or maybe the word "provocative" is what I should be using....its just all part of the sexual adventure.

I've always said, that sexuality, or sexiness, is how one thinks..... what is going on more in the mind than even what is going on in the bed, more of what is going on between the ears than what is going on between the legs..as long as you feel comfortable with it and it is what you want to do. But in saying that, if you are hesitant about trying something different, you will never know if it turns you on, if you dont try it, at least once.

And....another thing I like doing, is going out to dinner or somewhere public, and not wearing underwear under a dress.....I dont do it all the time, but once again, when I'm "in the mood", and I've done it, I find that gives me a real sexual turn on, not to mention what it does for my husband.....its all part of the adventure.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #159 on: March 27, 2008, 09:15:21 pm »
I have not always shaved there, but I go through stages and moods, where I keep it either trimmed, or completely shaven, and because I am in the mood to have it that way, I find it attractive and I feel very sexy and those feelings are reciprocated by my husband, and not in a pedophilic way,

You're right, Sue. I didn't mean to sound judgmental when calling it that -- it's just that, to my eyes, it looks strange, so that is the image that comes to mind. But to each her own, absolutely.  :)

I've always said, that sexuality, or sexiness, is how one thinks..... what is going on more in the mind than even what is going on in the bed, more of what is going on between the ears than what is going on between the legs.

You bet.