Author Topic: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk  (Read 147706 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk
« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2008, 03:38:28 pm »
Digging this thread out...

I'm still thinking about buying an epilator - I hate stubble on me in those ummm.... more feminine areas! (Don't mind legs, can live with legs!!!)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #191 on: September 24, 2008, 11:20:56 pm »
To me, lipstick is a sexual thing. Okay, maybe I have a one-track mind, but I use it whenever I need a sensual pick-me-up, so to speak...I like the look of it sliding out of the holder, the smoothness and silkiness on my lips, and the sensual color, even the taste!

Gee Lee......the way you describe lipstick, nearly gives me an orgasm........ :o :o
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #192 on: September 24, 2008, 11:31:55 pm »
Gee Lee......the way you describe lipstick, nearly gives me an orgasm........ :o :o

That would be sexy even on a pitbull or a pig!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2008, 10:02:02 pm »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #194 on: October 01, 2008, 10:33:13 am »
A couple of weeks ago I went with my husband to the haircutter and observed as she trimmed his eyebrows, at his request.  Basically it was like a haircut.  She used a fine tooth comb and a small scissor to trim what hairs came out the other side of the comb.  Feeling brave, I thought I would try it on myself tonight as an adjunct to tweezing.  Well, it worked wonderfully.  My brows turned out nice and even, and I didn't even poke an eye out.  I am amazed sometimes that there are new personal grooming tricks to be learned after all these years.

When I was young I had the kind of eyebrows that look like they're trying to grow together, and would occasionally tweeze them but for some reason I've always found that practice of pulling out one hair at a time kind of creepy.  Finally, in my late 20s, I had my eyebrows waxed and that pretty much took care of it.  No more Neanderthal brows, no more tweezing.

Sculpting eyebrows has to be done by someone else -- you can either botch it or get hot wax in your eyes if you do it yourself.  However, you can get rid of stray hairs between brows as that part of the face is above the bridge of you nose.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #195 on: October 01, 2008, 10:41:52 am »
I guess the reason the doctors won't do it when women are young is because of the possibility of suing, but is that really something that would stand up in Court?  After one is an adult, one should take responsibility for one's own actions, I can't believe that a Court would side with the woman.

Suppose something like a woman regretting getting her tubes tied when she was in her early 20's does come up in court, all that has to happen for the woman to win her case against a doctor is basically for her to testify in front of the judge and maybe a jury and cry and sob and bemoan her inability to have babies and the tragedy of a poor decision made when she was young - and it's all the doctor's fault.

Most companies I've worked for that deal directly with the public all agree that if the issue of children come into any lawsuit, it's always better to settle out of court even if the injured party is clearly in the wrong because no jury will side with the

big mean corporations
big bad doctors
name your demonized organization

Is it any wonder women in society still have a reputation of being indecisive, waffly, emotionally unstable, wanting to please their menfolk and unreasonable?

I'm one of those women who made up my mind when I was 5 years old that I didn't want kids.  All these years later, I still don't and for the same reasons.  Nothing has changed that, not any man, nor any hormones, nor the plump, diapered bundles of germs (babies) that my friends have had and are currently showing off.

I also knew very early on that I didn't want any kids. When I was a child I used to think I fantacized about having 12 kids but of course what I was really daydreaming about was having 11 siblings, with my parents taking care of us all.

Never regretted it.  You can't know for sure when you're in your 20s, but the way I figured it, if I regretted the decision later I'd be the only one suffering.  But if I went ahead and had a kid and discovered that my mother was wrong when she said "oh, you'd want a baby once you had it", then what?  I know from experience that if you have a child you didn't want, the kid is going to sense that from early childhood on and that's a terrible burden to have to carry.

Interestingly, some of my co-workers ask me if I've ever wanted kids -- very regularly, about once a month or so.  And I'm talking about the same people asking the same question.  It's like they think if they ask just one more time, they'll get a different answer.

Marge_Innavera

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #197 on: October 01, 2008, 10:59:08 am »
Interestingly, some of my co-workers ask me if I've ever wanted kids -- very regularly, about once a month or so.  And I'm talking about the same people asking the same question.  It's like they think if they ask just one more time, they'll get a different answer.

I get that regularly too. Some people (usually the ones with kids) just can't seem to comprehend that there are some who for a variety of reasons don't want or don't have kids. The ones that annoy me though are the ones that look at you totally askance when they ask you that question that always comes up sooner or later when you're talking to someone you've only just met - "So, how many kids have you got?". Grr!

When I was young I had the kind of eyebrows that look like they're trying to grow together, and would occasionally tweeze them but for some reason I've always found that practice of pulling out one hair at a time kind of creepy.  Finally, in my late 20s, I had my eyebrows waxed and that pretty much took care of it.  No more Neanderthal brows, no more tweezing.

Sculpting eyebrows has to be done by someone else -- you can either botch it or get hot wax in your eyes if you do it yourself.  However, you can get rid of stray hairs between brows as that part of the face is above the bridge of you nose.

Mine used to be like that. It took years of plucking, until eventually I overdid it somewhat and ended up with pencil thin eyebrows before they eventually behaved. These days it's just those occasional stray ones above the bridge of your nose that I get. The rest of them seem to have finally learned that if they start their tricks again they'll be plucked into oblivion!  :laugh:

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #198 on: October 01, 2008, 11:30:19 am »
Mine used to be like that. It took years of plucking, until eventually I overdid it somewhat and ended up with pencil thin eyebrows before they eventually behaved. These days it's just those occasional stray ones above the bridge of your nose that I get. The rest of them seem to have finally learned that if they start their tricks again they'll be plucked into oblivion!  :laugh:

One of the benefits of waxing is that if you do it regularly, the hair gradually stops growing back.  I waxed my legs during the 1970s and most of the 1980s, and all I have to remove now is a very thin strip of hairs on the front.  The rest just stopped growing back.  Now I just use a little disposable razor; there's so little hair to remove that waxing isn't really necessary.

Don't know this for a medical fact, but hair on eyebrows seems to "give up" pretty early on.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:56 pm »

Don't know this for a medical fact, but hair on eyebrows seems to "give up" pretty early on.

It would seem so.

I got to chatting the other day with a woman at the drugstore about makeup and such.. She had shaved/waxed her eyebrows for years and once she hit her thirties, the hair just stopped growing back.  She ended up with no eyebrows, was tired of 'drawing' them in every day, and was going to get eyebrows tattooed.   

What I never really understood was why it seemed necessary to wax off most/all of one's eyebrows just to use a pencil to fill them back in again.  I guess that was back in the day when skinny eyebrows were the 'in-thing'...  ?