Author Topic: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk  (Read 147708 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk
« Reply #220 on: October 30, 2008, 12:32:20 pm »
I have--not on myself, but on my brother--he needed someone to do a little "manscaping" on his back (I'm sure he'd appreciate my sharing this tidbit). It's like a sticky gel. if you've ever used a sticky mousetrap, I'd bet the compounds are the same.
It does work--in fact, one of the virtues is that you can reuse the same gel, though it gets full of hairs and is kind of gross to look at after a while, and if you've ever tried to wax yourself and had it harden on you--well, no worries about that with Nads. I don't know if it's more or less painful than waxing or about the same. My brother screamed like a little girl, but men are such  babies about suffering for art--if he was a veteran of tweezing, waxing, four-inch heels, menstrual cramps, etc., he might have a different pain threshold. So I will say the pain level is comparable.
The only drawback is that it doesn't seem to "grab" the hairs as much as wax does, so you might have to reapply it numerous times (I wouldn't use it on my "girly bits for that reason) and round up the strays with  tweezers, and I don't know if it can be use for spot-cleaning such as the brows or upper lip.
But if you wanted to wax your legs and were looking for a less messy alternative, I'd say definitely, go for it.
One tip that I got from a freind who runs a chain of waxing spas, if you powder the area you want to wax first, it makes the wax adhere to the hairs better and not to the skin, and I would bet this applies to Nads too.
Good luck!

Thank you for the detailed review, Nevermore! 

I have no intention of using it on my girly bits ( 8)) , more just on legs and such..
I've heard about the powder trick before, never tried it...

I think I'll give it a go...we'll see how it works out!  :)

~M

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #221 on: October 31, 2008, 12:19:06 am »
hahhahahahhahahahha.....well......I was thinkin more of their hands    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Speaking of hands - having gone through the old feet in stirrups ceiling watch a month ago - why the &*%#$!! does the doctor say "OK, get ready, my hands are going to be cold." ???

If they're cold fuckwit, then warm them up!!!!  There are actually products made and they're called - confusingly enough - hand warmers!!!!.  If those are too expensive to put in the budget, you have a sink in the room don't you?  RUN THE HOT WATER!!

Jeez, do I have to think of everything?!?!?  >:(

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #222 on: October 31, 2008, 05:53:18 pm »
Speaking of hands - having gone through the old feet in stirrups ceiling watch a month ago - why the &*%#$!! does the doctor say "OK, get ready, my hands are going to be cold." ???

If they're cold fuckwit, then warm them up!!!!  There are actually products made and they're called - confusingly enough - hand warmers!!!!.  If those are too expensive to put in the budget, you have a sink in the room don't you?  RUN THE HOT WATER!!

Jeez, do I have to think of everything?!?!?  >:(

When it comes to men, yes, usually.  :laugh:

Actually, a couple of weeks ago when I went for my pre-op assessment before last week's surgery, the doctor I saw at the pre-op assessment clinic was very considerate, and not only warned me about his cold hands, but when it came to the bit where he needed to examine me (the bit where they do the weird tapping thing on your abdomen), decided that because his hands were so cold (there wasn't a sink in the room) that he'd examine me through my blouse. He was also very considerate in the fact that when he decided he couldn't check the reflexes in my feet with my awful support stockings that I have to wear since I had a DVT, that rather than me messing about trying to get them on and off, he'd do it for me. The only slight problem was that with the problems I have with shaving my legs due to the warfarin etc. and the fact I was trying to time it so I shaved them just before I went into hospital, at that point I hadn't yet shaved them!  :o Oh, the embarrassment!

>:( :-\  Sorry... I get to suffer the indignity next week....

Yeah, I had mine a few weeks ago. I always find it worse because as my mum's worked at the doctor's surgery for getting on for the past 20 years, and over the years I've been variously involved with surgery activities, and know all the staff, and on occasions gone out with them socially, I know all of the staff there, so it doesn't matter who does it, chances are that I know them socially. These days though I just usually tend to chat with them and we end up laughing, which usually manages to make the time go a lot quicker. This last time I ended up chatting with Karen, the nurse practitioner, about what it would be like if you were abducted by aliens!  :laugh:

In the past though, I've been in some embarrassing situations. There was the time years ago when I had to go to the hospital to have it done for some reason, and 5 doctors (all male) managed to be completely unable to find my cervix. In the end they drafted in the consultant (female) who did it with no problems, but then when I came out of the room, all five of them were stood in the doorway talking...

...then there was the time a couple of years ago when I needed to see a urologist, and needed some tests doing. Problem was I knew him socially as well as I was doing a website for his wife...

...then there was the ultrasound which ended up having to be done internally because they couldn't see a damned thing with the usual ultrasound. Problem was I'd started my period that morning, and I had warned them that as I'm on warfarin things are apt to get a little messy, but would they listen?!  ::)

The things we have to put up with!  ::)

And that they happen to have an uncommonly cold tongue . . .   :P

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2008, 07:21:26 pm »
OMG Bliss......

I think you have suffered enough examination nightmares for all of us.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #224 on: November 01, 2008, 10:15:12 am »
OMG Bliss......

I think you have suffered enough examination nightmares for all of us.

yup!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2008, 06:22:31 pm »
Well the good news is I got the results back of the latest one a couple of weeks ago, and thankfully everything's normal.  A few years back I kept getting abnormal results back - not abnormal enough for them to be very concerned, but enough to keep a close eye on me. I had about 4 years when I was having to have smear tests every 6 months (not fun!). Eventually the gynae doc decided that after 4 years of abnormal smears they'd got to do loop diathermy (though because of all my other medical problems as well, they decided that rather than do it under local anaesthetic, they'd do it under GA). Fortunately, that did the trick, and never was I more relieved than when they said I could go back on the normal 3 yearly recall programme!

As my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years ago, and my grandma (her mum) died of breast cancer when I was only five years old, and both my other grandma and my mum ended up needing hysterectomies, I'm kinda paranoid about smear tests.

I've got to the point though now where having the actual test itself doesn't bother me. After so many over the past 10 years, and then seeing a urologist on and off for 2-3 years as well, I just think 'what's another one?'  :laugh:

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2008, 08:43:48 pm »
Well the good news is I got the results back of the latest one a couple of weeks ago, and thankfully everything's normal.  A few years back I kept getting abnormal results back - not abnormal enough for them to be very concerned, but enough to keep a close eye on me. I had about 4 years when I was having to have smear tests every 6 months (not fun!). Eventually the gynae doc decided that after 4 years of abnormal smears they'd got to do loop diathermy (though because of all my other medical problems as well, they decided that rather than do it under local anaesthetic, they'd do it under GA). Fortunately, that did the trick, and never was I more relieved than when they said I could go back on the normal 3 yearly recall programme!

As my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years ago, and my grandma (her mum) died of breast cancer when I was only five years old, and both my other grandma and my mum ended up needing hysterectomies, I'm kinda paranoid about smear tests.

I've got to the point though now where having the actual test itself doesn't bother me. After so many over the past 10 years, and then seeing a urologist on and off for 2-3 years as well, I just think 'what's another one?'  :laugh:

Definitely know how you feel.  My grandmother had cervical cancer, my mother and now sister have breast cancer, and this year I am at the age my sister was when she came down with breast cancer.

I was a little paranoid.  Then my CBCs were high on my blood work.  They suggested I come back in two weeks and be re-tested.  Then I had gone to a new place that has the latest technology less-squishier digital mammogram equipment.  A week later, instead of results, I get a letter asking for my previous records so they can 'compare' this year's and last year's scans.

I instantly freeze.  Why do they want to compare the two?  Did they find something fishy?

A week later, still no word, I call my doctor and she says they just sent the scans to the new place that day.  A week later, still no word, I call the mammogram place (note, it's been 3 weeks now waiting for the results) and they clear me.

Whew!!

I get a letter confirming that I'm good for another year the next day.  AND my 2nd blood work testing also came back normal.

Yep, definitely know how you feel.  :P
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 12:01:02 am by delalluvia »

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #227 on: November 08, 2008, 08:47:46 am »
I know what you mean. They either worry you by sending letters that don't explain why they're wanting whatever, or leave you waiting ages for results. I regularly used to get letters about the smear tests saying to go back in 6 months (this was at the start of it before they had me on a 6 monthly recall programme and I knew why), but with no explanation of why. Or sometimes ones saying I needed to make an appointment for another one, but again with no explanation why (it usually turned out to be that it was an insufficient sample, or they'd got the wrong type of cells). Then when I rang up to find out why, they'd come up with the standard "we can tell you anything over the phone!" *sigh*  ::)

Here in the UK they start the regular NHS mammogram screening programme when you get to fifty, and you get recalled every 3 years (unless there's any doubt about a previous mammogram, and then they recall in 1 year). Due to my family history though they've said they've start me on the screening programme when I turn 40, though I've already had two when I've had problems in the past and though my GP didn't think it was anything to worry about, erred on the side of caution and sent me to get checked out anyway. Apparently because breast tissue in women under 40 is more dense, it's harder to see any changes, and they get more false positives, plus the majority of breast cancers occur in old women. There's an awful lot of debate though about whether screening should start earlier, and whether the recall programme should be annual, but largely with the NHS they argue it's not cost effective to screen everyone annually (unless they're at particular risk) for the small increase in cancers picked up.  ::)

I had gone to a new place that has the latest technology less-squishier digital mammogram place. 

I can understand from the technical point of view of taking x-rays, why the need for the squishing, but only a guy could have come up with a design for a machine that needs to squish quite so much!

This cartoon always makes me laugh.  :laugh:

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2008, 07:06:07 pm »

This cartoon always makes me laugh.  :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #229 on: November 12, 2008, 03:35:46 pm »
And that they happen to have an uncommonly cold tongue . . .   :P

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!