Author Topic: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk  (Read 147748 times)

karen1129

Re: The Female Thread-Men are welcome but enter at your own risk
« Reply #240 on: January 04, 2009, 10:21:18 pm »
Ooooh..... beauty and bath products !!!!!

My favorite !!!   :laugh:

I've been going to a Dermatologist for over a year because of my skin.
Skin cancers, old age, etc. ! 

Even at 61 , I still have very oily skin.  The sagging...... Oy !!!

My Dr. told me don't waste money on the high end moisturizers.  They are no better then
the Neutrogena moisturizer I buy.  Always buy a moisturizer with at least a SPF of 30

I always get a non-greasy moisturizer.

karen1129

« Reply #241 on: January 04, 2009, 10:23:35 pm »
Crabtree & Evelyn are my favorite bath products.   ;D

Nantucket Briar is my favorite.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2009, 02:23:38 pm »
Mine is l'Occitane. Especially their almond skin oil. It is so aromatic, and pure luxury. It might be too rich for humid climates but in desert-like Colorado, it disappears into the skin very quickly. For even more decadence I apply l'Occitane body milk and then the skin oil over it. Sheer heaven!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #243 on: January 18, 2009, 08:55:28 pm »
Make a model that has your features and body type--then try on clothes that you can buy if you want to! Click "personalize your model first".
Fun.  :)

http://msnshopping.mvm.com/shoppingMsn.htm?&ptnrid=164&ptnrdata=304235
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #244 on: January 21, 2009, 10:43:21 am »
Sorry, Friends - for some reason, I haven't noticed this thread recently.   :-\

If you can't fix it ...  :-\

But I think these days "aging gracefully" just means anything short of voluntarily getting your face sliced up with a knife. There's something about that that just creeps me out, even though the older I get the more I understand the temptation.

I'd be so afraid of ending up like poor Kanye West's mother, though ...  :(

Did she end up with a really botched job?  If so, very sad.  I haven't heard and can't really look it up just now.  I bet Michael Jackson would have aged pretty well if he could have accepted himself as he was, but that's a long and windy discussion...

Crabtree & Evelyn are my favorite bath products.   ;D

Nantucket Briar is my favorite.

I like their stuff too - they have that Gardener's hand cream that I love, I believe.

...Lynne - are you still loving your Positively Radiant stuff?  I am prone to breaking out and dryness (horrendous combination), and I have recently been managing okay with sensitive skin moisturizers... First used Dove, then, b/c the store didn't have Dove, Oil of Olay... but if you really like yours so much I'll keep that in the back of my mind...

Hey BelAir!  I do indeed still love the Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer.  Actually, I'm using the cleanser now also.  Give it a whirl next time it's time to buy.  Just take care not to get the stuff that contains salicylic acid or the anti-aging stuff (retinol A, I think it is).  I haven't tried the Dove product, but Oil of Olay feels good at first for me, then it seems to become absorbed and my face feels dry again.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #245 on: January 21, 2009, 11:51:51 am »
Did she end up with a really botched job?  If so, very sad.

Not to sound flip, but yes, you could say it was botched. And yes, very sad.

Kanye West’s mother dies after surgery
58-year-old had cosmetic procedures after one surgeon refused to operate
msnbc.com news services
updated 9:58 p.m. CT, Mon., Nov. 12, 2007

LOS ANGELES - An autopsy was scheduled for the mother of Kanye West after preliminary information suggested she died of surgical complications, a coroner’s investigator said Monday.

According to TMZ.com and Access Hollywood, West had contacted Dr. Andre Aboolian of Beverly Hills in June to discuss a tummy tuck and breast reduction.

“She was interested in some cosmetic procedures and we had discussed that in order for her to go through with the procedures, which she was a good candidate for, she needed what’s called a medical clearance, which just about anybody over the age of 40 is required to have,” Dr. Aboolian explained to Access. “Because of Donda’s age, she was required to get some cardiac clearance to make sure her heart is in good shape to go through for the surgery.”

West died Saturday night at age 58 at Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Marina del Rey, where paramedics took her after she stopped breathing at her home, according to Deborah Ettinger, a hospital vice president.

A spokesperson for the hospital also told Access Hollywood, “Donda West was brought into the emergency room at Centinela. She was unresponsive and in cardiac arrest. They tried to revive her and were unsuccessful.”

Preliminary information indicated she died from “complications of surgery,” Lt. Fred Corral told The Associated Press. An autopsy was expected to be conducted by Wednesday, Corral said.

“Kanye West, his family and friends would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of support and kind words that have come in from across the country since the death of his mother,” publicist Maureen O’Connor said in a statement. Reached by phone, she declined to provide details on West’s death.

Patricia Green, a consultant who has worked as a publicist for West in the past, had previously told news agencies that West died after cosmetic surgery. She backed away from those comments in later interviews with the AP, saying she was not sure of the cause because she had received conflicting information.

“I spoke to her about two weeks ago and she was supposed to see the internist for the medical clearance, the internist that I had recommended, that I work with,” Aboolian added. “But she never followed through as far as I know.”

Aboolian was concerned about a condition West had that may cause a heart attack during surgery, said Jo-Ann Geffen, the surgeon’s publicist, declining to elaborate because of patient privacy rights.

Geffen said she didn’t know if West had cosmetic surgery elsewhere.

In an interview with TMZ.com, Dr. Jan Adams revealed that he performed cosmetic procedures on West before she died. Adams said that West had consulted with him over a period of four months, and that she changed her mind numerous times before finally greenlighting the surgeries.

Adams also claimed that he did nothing wrong and shared with TMZ his opinion of Aboolian. “He is sleazy and manipulating the truth to elevate his own importance,” said Adams.

West was known for the strong bond she shared with her hip-hop star son. She was often seen by his side at parties and award shows. Kanye West often spoke of his close relationship with his mother, who raised him alone after her husband left when Kanye was 3.

The former chairwoman of Chicago State University’s English department, Donda West served as chief executive of West Brands LLC, the parent company of her son’s business enterprises. She also was chairwoman of the Kanye West Foundation, an educational nonprofit that works to decrease dropout rates and improve literacy.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #246 on: January 21, 2009, 12:04:08 pm »
Not to sound flip, but yes, you could say it was botched. And yes, very sad.

Crap.  Sorry.  I had no idea, or if I did, I didn't remember.  Very sad, indeed.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2009, 06:32:48 pm »
gee, the ladies have gone quiet now.    ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #248 on: March 12, 2009, 02:37:43 am »
gee, the ladies have gone quiet now.    ;D

and just when I discovered this thread  >:(

I wanted to talk about something NC17 so probably for the best that everyone else is gone  :laugh:

O0

Heathen

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #249 on: March 12, 2009, 03:57:24 am »
and just when I discovered this thread  >:(

I wanted to talk about something NC17 so probably for the best that everyone else is gone  :laugh:

O0

Im curious....what is NC17 ?
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection