Author Topic: What is the reason you chose your Avatar?  (Read 19807 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: What is the reason you chose your Avatar?
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2006, 06:15:25 pm »
Yeah we would be millionnaires by now if we had done it earlier. I am off to bed now, but try my quiz if you have time. I will talk to you tomorrow.
Beckala :-*

DILL! ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline FuzzyChanny

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "Youth is wasted on the young..."
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2006, 06:18:10 pm »
Yeah we would be millionnaires by now if we had done it earlier. I am off to bed now, but try my quiz if you have time. I will talk to you tomorrow.
Beckala :-*

DILL! ;D

Bexs, I tried it earlier but it kicked my ass!! I plan on trying it again once I've received my DVD this weekend (hopefully).

I'm tired too. Good night.
I've learnt that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in!

Offline CoyotePiper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2006, 09:36:52 pm »
I liked this avatar 'cause its an image from a scene which was cut. Its from the "Ennis and Jack encounter the hippies" scene. In the full size pic you can see the hippies in the background.

Link Here

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2006, 10:12:26 pm »
Thinking of the hippie scene still cracks me up...  :laugh:
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2006, 12:45:59 pm »
I liked this avatar 'cause its an image from a scene which was cut. Its from the "Ennis and Jack encounter the hippies" scene. In the full size pic you can see the hippies in the background.

Is that who they got the doobie from?  ;)
No more beans!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2006, 07:12:09 pm »
'Cause I like Angelina's style and her way of life.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2006, 11:24:25 pm »

Golly, I make too many changes to my avatar to warrant a single justification.. lol.. I usually keep a pic of me on there. Just so people know who they're talking to.

But I put Jake G on there sometimes too. Don't reeeeally think THAT needs to be explained does it??  ;D
Chut up!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2006, 12:37:39 am »
My avatar chose me!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

IdahoLonely

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2006, 01:15:02 am »
My story isnt as interesting as some of yours. I have been on Phil's Bettermost since around the 2nd week it started. I didnt have an avatar/pic because I could barely admit I saw the Mountain. I have had a rough time this year so far with lots of stuff in my head about what the film said to me and then a car wreck and now figurin myself out all from a state like Idaho which is about as closed as you can be to different thinking about stuff. I am now brave enough to put my pic up as an avatar here because Im not afraid anymore. I still dont know exactly who I am inside but at least I am thinking about it for the first time ever in my whole life!! I cant believe I am so different after a movie. I have done more crying about things this year than I have done my whole entire life. You folks may not know how much this place is important to me because without it I'd still be the shuffling around in my life going nowhere.

So now I can put my pic up here cuz I know I am with my buds (heh Phil hates that word so I can say friends too!!)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2006, 01:27:18 am »
PS  Clarissa - Did you ever get to the Crest??

Sorry, LJ, just ran across this.  Yes, I went 2 or 3 times, I saw the second to last showing of BBM in Seattle.

Hey IdahoLonely, I love the word "Buds," and love when Ennis uses it in the film.  Glad you're here.  Glad I'm here.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 01:30:20 am by Ellemeno »