Author Topic: Did anybody see Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner?  (Read 3671 times)

mvansand76

Did anybody see Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner?
« on: September 02, 2007, 03:30:07 pm »
Did anybody see Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner and William Hurt?

What did you think of it?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Did anybody see Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 04:22:40 pm »
Something that I say would be considered a spoiler, so if you are planning to see the movie on DVD or HBO, don't read my post.  :)

I saw it, Melissa. It was a pleasant diversion for a Saturday afternoon. I took my niece to see it. We weren't that scared. Strange how someone with all the love and adoration of the community and of his family would have such a wicked obsession, huh? And the trait was evidently inherited? I think they left it open for a part two.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 04:29:27 pm »
Something that I say would be considered a spoiler, so if you are planning to see the movie on DVD or HBO, don't read my post.  :)

I saw it, Melissa. It was a pleasant diversion for a Saturday afternoon. I took my niece to see it. We weren't that scared. Strange how someone with all the love and adoration of the community and of his family would have such a wicked obsession, huh? And the trait was evidently inherited? I think they left it open for a part two.

I saw it in the cinema today, I got free tickets, it is coming out next week in Holland. It was very dark and unpleasant but strangely fascinating too. I thought Kevin Costner was excellent (I used to be a huge fan of him in the Dances with Wolves days...  ;D) and William Hurt was very good too. There were some twists and turns that I didn't expect.

SPOILERS

What did you think of the ending? I think they added "It's just a dream" sequence so they could leave it open for a sequel! I actually jumped up in my seat when she stabbed those scissors in his neck! LOL! I had completely forgotten about the warning about her wanting to take over 'the business' , it would have made a much better ending!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 04:43:15 pm »
Oh yeah, that DID make us jump! lol. I forgot about that---it has been awhile since we saw it.

"Dances with Wolves" was great, wasn't it? I have watched it several times. Of course, I bawl my eyes out every single time, so it's hard to watch.

I think it was sort of novel to have William Hurt as his alter ego--weird too.

Did you ever see "The Big Chill"? William Hurt was in that and I loved it. If you have never seen it---watch it. It has an all-star cast and a great soundtrack. Glenn Close, Jeff Goldblum, Kevin Kliine, Mary Kay Place, and others. I think it's from the 80's. It's a fun (mostly) friend flick with some drama.

Sorry off-topic.

Back on.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 04:53:20 pm by Shasta542 »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 05:02:53 pm »
Oh yeah, that DID make us jump! lol. I forgot about that---it has been awhile since we saw it.

"Dances with Wolves" was great, wasn't it? I have watched it several times. Of course, I bawl my eyes out every single time, so it's hard to watch.

I think it was sort of novel to have William Hurt as his alter ego--weird too.

Did you ever see "The Big Chill"? William Hurt was in that and I loved it. If you have never seen it---watch it. It has an all-star cast and a great soundtrack. Glenn Close, Jeff Goldblum, Kevin Kliine, Mary Kay Place, and others. I think it's from the 80's. It's a fun (mostly) friend flick with some drama.

Sorry off-topic.

Back on.  ;)

The Big Chill is one of my favorite movies!! The music is very good too. It brings back a lot of memories from my childhood.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 06:31:27 am »
The Big Chill is one of my favorite movies!! The music is very good too. It brings back a lot of memories from my childhood.  :D

Wasn't Kevin Costner's scene in this cut from the movie?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 07:28:09 am »
Yes. I had forgotten about that. You can see his hand when he's being prepared for the funeral. I wonder if the DVD has his cut scene included? That's cool that those two were in a movie together again so many years later and this time Costner had the lead role.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~