Author Topic: TOTW 06/07: Should/could there be a sequel?  (Read 16574 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: TOTW 06/07: Should/could there be a sequel?
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 02:09:31 pm »
I'd especially like to see what happens at Junior's wedding -- deciding to go is no small step for Ennis to take since he'll have to interact with Alma at least a little and she (and probably, by extension, Monroe) is one of those people who looks at him and "knows." 

I thought the same. Well not exactly the same, since I wouldn't want a sequel at all. But if there ever were one, Junior's wedding is the thing I would want to see.

The original movie wasn't just their work, it was the combined work of the director, writers, tech people and even if you could get that whole team together again there's no guarantee that lightning would strike twice.

Absolutely right. I would even say there's no way it would strike twice. I think it has been a very, very lucky coincidence that so many talented people not only worked on it, but delivered top work (even talented people deliver bad work sometimes, but not on BBM).

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 05:15:48 am »
The more I think about it I can imagine a sequal, but it would not be Ennis, it would be us.

It would feature a lonely middle aged balding man driving in a Geo Metro 150 miles to the nearest theater showing Brokeback Mountain.

It would have two widows, both mothers of gay men, one who has died of Aids and one who has taken his life.

It would have a pimple faced 17 year old and his fag hag girlfriends who would all cry together.

It would have a straight couple married for 33 years sitting in the back in stoned silence.

There would be black folks and white folks and every shade in between, all sitting in the dark, all emerging into a world that will never be the same......

(And then they meet on line and have wonderful adventures together.)

Ooh, which one am I?  Which one are you?  ;)  :-*

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2007, 10:43:48 pm »
The more I think about it I can imagine a sequal, but it would not be Ennis, it would be us.

It would feature a lonely middle aged balding man driving in a Geo Metro 150 miles to the nearest theater showing Brokeback Mountain.

It would have two widows, both mothers of gay men, one who has died of Aids and one who has taken his life.

It would have a pimple faced 17 year old and his fag hag girlfriends who would all cry together.

It would have a straight couple married for 33 years sitting in the back in stoned silence.

There would be black folks and white folks and every shade in between, all sitting in the dark, all emerging into a world that will never be the same......

(And then they meet on line and have wonderful adventures together.)
[Truman that is deep and so true. I know which one I am.

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline ayashae

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2007, 09:19:31 am »
I have just always thought there was something out that window at the end of the movie that Ennis needs to find....namely Jack. I sure didn't see any ashes anywhere or anything that proved Jack was dead. All I heard were Lureen's explanation and Mr. Twist's thoughts. That's not enough to prove it to me. Mrs. Twist......now she knows the real answer  ;D

I totally agree!  Jack never died, Lureen lies because she was angry and kind of ashamed that Jack eventually left her.  He just wanted to vanish because 'he didn't know how to quit' Ennis and that's what they both really needed. But after some years, he comes back to meet Ennis again, and Ennis, who's been crying his lost for years...will never let Jack go again  :)
"It gives me a deep comforting sense that things seen are temporal and things unseen are eternal"
Helen Keller

Offline Artiste

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 09:57:49 am »
Excellent! Your thought is great!!

I have been asking for BM movies!!
And want them, since this first BM movie is too hard for gay men!!

Needed is a better one still!!

Hugs!!

Offline ayashae

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2007, 04:28:45 pm »
Not only for gay men, believe me :'(  My heart is so broken...
"It gives me a deep comforting sense that things seen are temporal and things unseen are eternal"
Helen Keller

Offline Artiste

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2007, 06:32:35 pm »
Of course for gay women too, all other ladies and persons!!

I been wanting Brokeback Movie sequel for a long time... and desire it greatly!!
Especially to seek HEAVEN, two gay men, on earth... is imagined for me with another to find!!
Like Jack and Ennis could have been... in heaven on earth!!

To live life fully indeed, I yearn that with a future lover/partner!! Hugs!!

Offline ayashae

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2007, 04:59:26 pm »
OMG...I was taking a look around Youtube searching for another stuff today,and couldn't help glancing a few of my favourite scenes of the movie. Honestly, I thought I wouldn't break down this time (16 days after watching the movie), but it's happened again...inmediately   :'(

I've watched another sad movies, others touching, or beautiful, meaningful, some others I've loved (I've got a lot of favourite movies, I'm a cinema freak :)) but I've never cried so much, like a kid  :(

I wonder if it's healthy, seriously..I mean, there's nothing worse than sadness for health..I really need an advice about how I should deal with this...
Helen Keller

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2007, 06:13:30 pm »
Did anyone go see the BrokeBack Mountain done in Opera this last weekend? I read it was in NYC when I Googled Brokeback Mountain Opera. The article said it was a sell out crowd. I know its not a sequal but I would love to see it when it comes to Tampa.

TampaTalon ^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Artiste

« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2007, 06:23:06 pm »
Wow!

Yes, guess we see some or too many sad movies as in BM!!

The BM opera, guess would be like a sequel?

Sequels i want!!

Any other ideas?

Hugs!!