Author Topic: Should a member be allowed to delete her/his own account?  (Read 24705 times)

injest

Re: Should a member be allowed to delete her/his own account?
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2007, 05:25:12 am »
Louise:

No that I've ever had the occasion to need to do this but can you explain the irnore PM feature to us so we know how to do it if we have to?

you go to your profile and look at the left of the screen. Under 'Modify Your Profile' choose "Private Message Options" There you will find a box where you can put a member's screen name....put one members name per line then scroll down and choose accept.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2007, 08:55:02 am »
you go to your profile and look at the left of the screen. Under 'Modify Your Profile' choose "Private Message Options" There you will find a box where you can put a member's screen name....put one members name per line then scroll down and choose accept.

For instance, I have chosen to ignore myself.  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2007, 12:04:02 pm »

And of course you cannot place Moderators or System Administrators on ignore  ::)  ;) 
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2007, 12:21:09 pm »
And of course you cannot place Moderators or System Administrators on ignore  ::)  ;) 

Actually, that's not true. You can place Moderators on ignore.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2007, 12:28:36 pm »
Actually, that's not true. You can place Moderators on ignore.

L

REALLY  :o  Wow that surprises me, most forums you can't since it would kind of defeat the moderators ablilty to moderate wouldn't it? 
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2007, 12:44:07 pm »
REALLY  :o  Wow that surprises me, most forums you can't since it would kind of defeat the moderators ablilty to moderate wouldn't it? 

Well, that's why I try to moderate with a light touch! My goal is to make this a place where folks get along and we don't need to use the ignore button. I used it liberally over on IMDb. I had a few folks on ignore on another forum that shall not be named. I have no one on ignore here. And I like to think that no one is ignoring me. Since I am not getting any blocked PM messages, if I am on someone's ignore list, I am not writing them anyway! LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2007, 02:21:42 pm »
Well, that's why I try to moderate with a light touch! My goal is to make this a place where folks get along and we don't need to use the ignore button. I used it liberally over on IMDb. I had a few folks on ignore on another forum that shall not be named. I have no one on ignore here. And I like to think that no one is ignoring me. Since I am not getting any blocked PM messages, if I am on someone's ignore list, I am not writing them anyway! LOL

L

Seems to me you folks here do moderate with a light touch (compared to what I've seen over at DCF):)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2007, 02:28:30 pm »
Seems to me you folks here do moderate with a light touch (compared to what I've seen over at DCF):)

Thank you darlin'!  ;)

L

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2007, 02:44:14 pm »
Well that having been said, we as moderators aren't supposed to place others on ignore, but I don't think anything prevents users from placing one or more moderators on ignore!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2007, 03:01:10 pm »
Well that having been said, we as moderators aren't supposed to place others on ignore, but I don't think anything prevents users from placing one or more moderators on ignore!

Good point, Louise. I guess when I wrote my other post I was thinking without my mod hat on...

L