Author Topic: Do you know people with the BBM characters' names?  (Read 4459 times)

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Do you know people with the BBM characters' names?
« on: September 13, 2007, 11:41:05 pm »
My dentist's wife/colleague is named Alma.
I knew a Jack at another workplace.
The only Ennis I'd ever heard of besides Del Mar was Ennis Cosby.
I've never heard of a Lureen.
I don't currently know a Jenny or a Bobby.

Others?
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Do you know people with the BBM characters' names?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 10:56:51 am »
I've never met anyone named Ennis, Jack or Lureen. But I do know a few Jennys some of them from here, Bettermost! I also know an Alma. My sister's middle name is del Mar (In Spanish it is a surname but also a female name). I've also know a Joe, and I have a frew friends whose last name is Aguirre. And I went out with a Bobby a longtime ago.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 12:38:25 pm »
I know an Alma working in the same building as me. I have an uncle (father's youngest brother) named Jack--not a nickname, either, that's his legal name. I have a first cousin, Jennifer, who is sometimes called Jenny. Another first cousin, Jennifer's older brother, is named Kurt (and with that spelling)! I have known a few Joes in my time, as well as a few Bobbys, not to mention Steves. And I have a very dear friend who lives on Del Mar Avenue!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 12:40:28 pm »
My grandmother and aunt were named Alma.
I know lots of Jacks, of various ages, as well as Jennys.
I knew kids named Bobby in elementary and high school, but it seems that now, most boys/men named Robert go by Robert, Rob, or Bob.
Like Shortfiction, I remember Ennis Cosby. I have also been to Ennis, Ireland and we have an Ennis street in my town.
I don't know any Francines or Lureens, and I have never met a girl/woman who goes by Junior.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 02:00:37 pm »
My husband is a Bob whose mother still calls him Bobby. Never personally knew anyone who went by their initials like L.D. and K.E. (see below *).

I have a neighbor named Kurt,  my vet is a Joe ,  my ex boss is a Jack .  I have known alot of Jenny's, John's and Timmy's in my time a couple of Cassies and Carl's one Francine and one Randall.

Never met an Ennis, Alma, Lureen, Fayette, LaShawn or Monroe. 

AND the only woman I've ever heard of that was  a Junior was Betty David Junior but they call her B.D. 
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 02:15:03 pm »
Living not in an  Eninglish speaking country, I never knew anybody named like one of the characters in BBM, except for a friend of my daughter, whose name is Jennifer, but is called Jenny.
I even never have met a Jack before I got to know two wonderful Jacks at the Colorado BBQ  :).

But I think I must have been to Ennis in Ireland, too. It's not far from Shannon, were we landed and headed north to Galway. Ennis is on that route.

BTW: when googling for a map of Ireland and Ennis, I came upon a site with the headline: "Unwrap the Secrets of Ennis".  8)
Now if only Jack had known that site  ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 04:03:00 pm »
Living not in an  Eninglish speaking country, I never knew anybody named like one of the characters in BBM, except for a friend of my daughter, whose name is Jennifer, but is called Jenny.
I even never have met a Jack before I got to know two wonderful Jacks at the Colorado BBQ  :).

But I think I must have been to Ennis in Ireland, too. It's not far from Shannon, were we landed and headed north to Galway. Ennis is on that route.

BTW: when googling for a map of Ireland and Ennis, I came upon a site with the headline: "Unwrap the Secrets of Ennis".  8)
Now if only Jack had known that site  ;)

You're a riot Chrissi!!  :D  8)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 04:18:32 pm »

You're a riot Chrissi!!  :D  8)

Thank ya darlin  :-*

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 01:54:00 am »
My grandmother and aunt were named Alma.

My grandmother was Alma too, Leslie!! We thought of naming a child Alma, if we'd had a girl.

But all we got were little boys. So we named one Jack.  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 02:23:47 am »

Have never known an Ennis, but there have been assorted Jacks throughout my life over the years, usually men from my parent's generation.

When I was a small child, the mother of one of my best friends was named Alma. She lived in the house across the street from us. She was morbidly obese and rarely left the house. Looking back, I'd say she was probably agoraphobic. Her husband, Arthur, was cute (tall, dark and handsome) and he did the shopping, chores, etc. Their daughter, Sue, was my friend. She was adopted.

One of my brothers (deceased) was called Robert, but I always called him Bobby. His Rugby mates called him Bob. My Mum strictly only ever called him Robert.

Have known many Jennys over the years and still do, primarily work colleagues. One of the directors where I work is a Jenny. We've worked together for almost 30 years! Jenny (Jennifer) is a popular name in Oz.

Don't know anyone called Carl, Kurt, Cassie or Randall!

Nor do I know anyone called Lureen, Fayette, LaShawn or Monroe! 

Fun thread!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν