Author Topic: Do you consider yourself lucky?  (Read 5734 times)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
Re: Do you consider yourself lucky?
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 07:21:00 pm »
I once went into a phone booth and found $1500 cash in an envelope left in a notebook with other personal papers including a checkbook that someone had left there.  I was unemployed and having car trouble at the time.  I needed the money badly, but was with a close friend who helped me do the right thing: Get guy's # off a check and call him.  Which I did.   I gave it all back....    

Was I lucky? 

Yeah, lucky to have a genuine friend who helped keep me honest!  Now, that's fortunate!  The guy who lost it was a student.  He'd taken his entire savings out of the back to get a car for school.  He was so happy, he gave me $100, which I took, gladly, thanking him.  We were both happy and lucky too.

End of tale.. and would that tales told were all so lucky, eh?
Rayn

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 05:15:26 pm »
I have had many things happen to me that are not lucky but then many things that are.

I was lucky enough to be born in a western industrialized country. I have no chronic illness or pain. **knocks wood** I've never had a bad accident. **knocks wood** When I've had car trouble it's always been in a safe area where I can get help readily vs. in the middle of no where.

I'm sure I'll never be win the lottery lucky though. Who are those people????!!!!

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 05:20:38 pm »
LUCKY????   With the childhood I had??  No F***ing Way! 

Rayn, I know how what happens to you in childhood will be with you for the rest of your life. You sound pretty tough though.  :) Keep it up.  :)