Author Topic: Which actors are most likable?  (Read 5382 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Which actors are most likable?
« on: September 21, 2007, 04:46:08 pm »
Some likable actors might consider this quality a liability, because it's hard to imagine them ever playing an unsympathetic role.

I think all of these guys are at least a little likable (even John Travolta, if you can ignore the Scientology). But I voted for Will Smith, Greg Kinnear, Shia LeBoeuf and Owen Wilson. Sadly, I'm not sure what will happen with Owen Wilson's likable image now, though ...

At one time I would have voted for Tom Hanks, but for some reason I feel less that way about him these days.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Which actors are most likable?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 04:58:32 pm »
I've always liked Tom Hanks though I didn't like his performance in The Da Vinci Code. I thought he was miscast. I also like the Wilson brothers, especially Luke.

As for Shia LeBoeuf I didn't remember his performance in Bobby. But then I saw A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints and I thought he was great. He isn't a very handsome actor but he is very likable. I think he's on his way to become one of the greatest actor in Hollywood. He's very good and very appealing, IMO.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 05:21:49 pm »
I LOVE Morgan Freeman! I really started liking him after watching "Driving Miss Daisy" and I have admired him ever since. Morgan Freeman came to Indianapolis a couple of years ago and drove the pace car in the Indy 500. He mentioned how impressed he was with the city, and I'm certain he won a lot of bonus points here after he said it. But most actors/actresses probably say these things. I don't know. But I think he's a fantastic actor, always very likable, and he can play just about any role they throw at him. He can handle anything.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 08:28:56 pm »
I voted for Morgan Freeman, Johnny Depp and Greg Kinnear.  I remember how pleasantly surprising it was when Kinnear made the transition from the small screen to film.  I'd say that Freeman and Depp are both better actors.  But, all three tend to really be assets to any movie they're in... and often due to the "likable" factor.
:)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 11:18:32 pm »
I voted for Morgan Freeman, Johnny Depp and Greg Kinnear.  I remember how pleasantly surprising it was when Kinnear made the transition from the small screen to film.  I'd say that Freeman and Depp are both better actors.  But, all three tend to really be assets to any movie they're in... and often due to the "likable" factor.
:)

I guess you are definitely going to see "Feast of Love", huh? It looks great.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 12:46:56 am »

Yes, I definitely am!  :)  I read the book, and it was lovely.