Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 830511 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 07:46:18 pm »
I am cosidering just dropping the shakestheground id alltogether. Hell everone knows my name, and since I know I got my nephew on my side now I am not so worried about my sister finding me here.
I like the shakestheground name. OOPS......was I not supposed to call you by you real name  :-\ Sorry about that shakestheground

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 10:53:04 pm »
Well, I was wondering about the origin of the name, Tru.  I live on the New Madrid fault line and I have felt (and heard) the ground shaking several times in the past few years! :o

So--is there a story behind the name?

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 11:35:07 pm »
I was wondering about the origins of that name too......I was hoping it didn't mean we were going to have an earthquake during the SF event. I had always said that since I had wanted to see California for so long a big one would probably come as soon as I landed. But, the good thing is that it didn't and I finally can't say I have never seen California. So where did that come from Truman (I mean shakestheground)?

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 12:15:08 am »
I was just thinking about something I don't understand and maybe it is just a misconception that I have. I am a member of all of the forums, obviously Bettermost, but also DC and EnnisJack. I identify myself with Bettermost, but I also post and read DC since there are people there who I know. Although EnnisJack was the first forum I joined I have never spent much time there. What I don't understand is why the atmosphere here on Bettermost seems to be so different than the one on DC. It seems sometimes, and again maybe this is a misconception on my part, that things are so much more laid back here on Bettermost. People here seem to get along so well, but I see a lot of disagreement at DC. I feel sometimes that things happen there that leads to a lot of heated discussions which in many cases I think leads to people saying things they don't even really mean to each other. I am by no means cutting DC down. There are a lot of good things there. Maybe it is simply that I consider Bettermost home. Surely two forums could not be that different. Oh well, part of my ramblings I guess.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 09:16:05 am »
Hello Jack! I think that the way the administration and the moderators here work together for the good of the forum helps the atmosphere. When someone has a problem, he or she can contact one of them, and it gets addressed immediately in PM's--so the friction stays off the boards as much as possible.

I love Bettermost too! The people here are nice and lotsa fun. And they can disagree without getting into a fight or calling names.
  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 10:39:16 am »
I think you hit the nail directly on the head  :) I sure do not see the friction here and I've never seen any fighting or calling names. It seems like there is an attitude here of if necessary we can agree to disagree. There is an element of supportiveness of each other here at Bettermost that I find to be rare and I am very glad to find it. I will say that Brokies in general, regardless of forum, are supportive of each other; however, it just seems that here it all comes full circle. I definitely want to thank the administration, the moderators, and the members for creating this wonderful atmosphere. It sure does feel like home to me.

injest

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 10:49:17 am »
Man! That just makes my day. Thank you, Jack and Shasta. We have to give the thanks to our members though. A website is only as good as the members it attracts and keeps. YA'LL are the best!

(of course it helps we have such a great founder, Phillip Dampier! He runs a loose rein and lets us do as we please...as long as we are all playing nicely together!  ;) )

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2007, 02:51:32 pm »
I was just thinking about something I don't understand and maybe it is just a misconception that I have. I am a member of all of the forums, obviously Bettermost, but also DC and EnnisJack. I identify myself with Bettermost, but I also post and read DC since there are people there who I know. Although EnnisJack was the first forum I joined I have never spent much time there. What I don't understand is why the atmosphere here on Bettermost seems to be so different than the one on DC. It seems sometimes, and again maybe this is a misconception on my part, that things are so much more laid back here on Bettermost. People here seem to get along so well, but I see a lot of disagreement at DC. I feel sometimes that things happen there that leads to a lot of heated discussions which in many cases I think leads to people saying things they don't even really mean to each other. I am by no means cutting DC down. There are a lot of good things there. Maybe it is simply that I consider Bettermost home. Surely two forums could not be that different. Oh well, part of my ramblings I guess.

Thanks for sharing these thoughts.  They keep all of us energized because it shows we're doing the right thing.  I wanted to run a place where we could stay positive and focused on taking the message of the film and improving our lives with it.  I love ALL of the BBM forums, and belong to all of them as well.  I just wanted to fill a niche by making this a place where we'd never allow personal attacks or a lot of negativity that would distract us from the greater mission of finishing the story in our own lives.  And because we must have fun at the same time, I don't want a place that is a chore and regimented.  I don't have the answers to everything, so I like the fact everyone gets to help make this place what it is.  And it's okay if a thread wanders or if topics and themes change with time.  As long as we're together as a community, that's what is important to me!

And I am so glad you are a part of it!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2007, 04:21:13 pm »
Thanks for being a part of BetterMost, Jack and Shasta!  :-*

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2007, 04:29:53 pm »