Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 830831 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #1030 on: May 27, 2008, 08:12:55 am »
dang...all I ever get to see is herds of cows....

dang country life...
Man, I never get to see the good stuff! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

injest

« Reply #1031 on: May 27, 2008, 08:16:04 am »
Man, I never get to see the good stuff! LOL

you have horses right? The other day I went out into the pasture to catch a horse to ride....it is a HUGE pasture and there are six mares and one gelding in there. I had to walk all the way to the far side to catch her and they watched me til I got to within about ten feet of them and then they took off like their tails were on fire.  >:( >:( >:(

all the way to the FAR side...I was tired before I ever CAUGHT the durn thing. You think that was their plan to start with?? Wear me down so I wouldn't ride too long?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1032 on: May 27, 2008, 01:40:32 pm »
Well guess what I sighted on the way to work this morning? It sure was not ballerinas in purple tutus and pink slippers. I had stopped at the Enmark station to pick up some things. I heard a bunch of people doing some kind of chant. And it was this whole herd of good looking men running down the street on the sidewalk. They were all wearing blue APD (Asheville Police Department) shirts and blue shorts. They looked like they might be new cops or maybe existing ones. Anyway it was a much better sighting in my opinion than the ballerinas from last week  ;D These were some VERY good looking guys!!! Maybe they will appear out in the lobby like the ballerinas did  ;)

:laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1033 on: May 27, 2008, 02:46:34 pm »
dang...all I ever get to see is herds of cows....

dang country life...

But it sure is amusing to see when a cow lifts her tail up in the air, stiff as a pump handle.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1034 on: May 27, 2008, 03:26:47 pm »
I've spotted a herd of men in police uniform before involved in some kind of drill like you describe.  A sight to behold!

Yes it was quite a sight to behold  :) That is the first one I have ever seen, but it was by far better than the ballerinas.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #1035 on: May 27, 2008, 06:27:33 pm »
Yes it was quite a sight to behold  :) That is the first one I have ever seen, but it was by far better than the ballerinas.

Yooooooooooooooo Jack!  I'll be seeing ya soon!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #1036 on: June 08, 2008, 07:39:49 pm »
Hey Jack!

welcome back! did you have a good time??!

(I was gonna say Hi Jack...but it just dont' sound right... ;) )

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1037 on: June 08, 2008, 07:50:19 pm »
Jack is back from Wyoming and Colorado. Right now I am feeling like I am in another dimension. It seems so strange being home. It seems like I have been away for forever. Then on the other hand I look at all the pictures I took on the trip and right now it seems like that all happened so long ago. I met so many wonderful people who just over a week ago I didn't know at all and I was around so many wonderful people that I had met before as well. All seems like a blur right now as I begin or try to begin to get back into the routine of my regular life. I got back today around 3:20 which of course would be 1:20 Colorado/Wyoming time. I feel like I have landed in another dimension. It is also a hot dimension as Asheville is now in an unbelievable heat wave. Apparently the temperatures have been breaking all kinds of records. It was close to the mid 90s when I landed today. It is so hot out!!! I have so many memories, so many of them captured on pictures. Although I am glad to be home I am also sad to be away from those who I spent a little more than a week of my life with. It was a week which seems at times like it lasted for an eternity and at others seems like it was just a small speck of time.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #1038 on: June 08, 2008, 07:51:51 pm »
Hey Jack!

welcome back! did you have a good time??!

(I was gonna say Hi Jack...but it just dont' sound right... ;) )

Hey Jess!!! Yes I had a wonderful time. I was around some truly wonderful people :)

injest

« Reply #1039 on: June 08, 2008, 07:54:14 pm »
Hey Jess!!! Yes I had a wonderful time. I was around some truly wonderful people :)

oh cool! Do YOU have any pictures you can post?