Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 821484 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #360 on: December 31, 2007, 02:29:30 pm »
That is a wonderful story Jack, have you any idea where Tony is today? I had a serious crush on my cousin Tony when I was in High School. That was a long convoluted tale. Owell,

I hope you have a wonderful 2008 Jack, take care, and enjoy your days!

Yes I actually do know where Tony is or at least I did a few years ago. Tony became an airline pilot and was living in Philadelphia. I never knew what he grew up to look like so I guess I still remember him as he looked in the 4th grade. I always thought he probably turned out to be this really good looking man. His father was known to be quite attractive to the ladies. I believe I may have talked to him in very early high school, but I'm not positive. Anyway, once a few years ago I called his father's number to maybe ask about getting his address. It had been so long ago that I had no idea that he would even remember me. So anyway a male answered the phone and I said, "Can I speak to Tony?" The voice from the other end said, "This is Tony." At which point I went practically speechless since I had no idea he would be there. I believe it was around the holidays so I guess that was why. Anyway I sounded like a bumbling idiot I know. I tried to explain who I was, but he said he did not remember me. I was completely crushed  :'( For some reason I thought he did. It just seemed there was something in his voice. Maybe it was just some left over fantasy idea I had in my head. He sounded to me just like he had the last time I talked to him. Anyway, it was a very uncomfortable situation, but I did ask him about himself. That is when he told me he was a pilot and that he now lived in Philadelphia. So I finally bumbled around and told him I was sorry to bother him. I guess I will never know if he truly did remember me somewhere in the back regions of his mind. I do remember sending a letter to him at his father's address right after that telling him that it was good talking to him even though he didn't remember me. I had to leave that door open a crack. I have never heard from him, but I am glad I called whether he knew who I was or not. It seemed to provide some kind of closure to someone who was and always will be special to me.

Now, tell us about your Cousin Tony  :)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #361 on: December 31, 2007, 02:43:56 pm »
Wow, sorry to hear that Jack. Everyone is different. I am glad my childhood frined Darryl remembered me as an adult, of course as his schizophrenia progressed I wished sometimes he didn't.

A few years ago I was at an alumni weekend at my collect and this girl approached me and so glad to see me and I didn't know who the hell she was. I apologized profusely and blamed it on drugs and the next day she appeared wearing her hair the way she did 20 years ago and I was like OMG I know you! And we recounted many memories of one another.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Scott6373

« Reply #362 on: December 31, 2007, 02:46:25 pm »
It's funny Jack, but as I read that recounting of your reunion with Tony, I wonderred where along the way we lose childhood ability to lose things yet still find mud fun to play with, or toads that you catch in the mud a blast.  Somewhere in our transition from childhood to adulthood we are all taught that losing (a person, or at games, etc) is bad and a hurting thing.  Is it all born out of regret?  Probably IMO.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #363 on: December 31, 2007, 02:57:41 pm »
Wow, sorry to hear that Jack. Everyone is different. I am glad my childhood frined Darryl remembered me as an adult, of course as his schizophrenia progressed I wished sometimes he didn't.

A few years ago I was at an alumni weekend at my collect and this girl approached me and so glad to see me and I didn't know who the hell she was. I apologized profusely and blamed it on drugs and the next day she appeared wearing her hair the way she did 20 years ago and I was like OMG I know you! And we recounted many memories of one another.

Who knew they would come in handy one day.  :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #364 on: December 31, 2007, 04:02:09 pm »
Ok, I will let you all know who my present avatar is. His name is Peter Brown and he was in a short lived TV western named "Laredo." I looked to see when the original show was on and Jeff is right it was a western from the '60s. It only ran for two seasons, 1965 - 1966 and 1966 - 1967. It was a tale of the Texas Rangers. I think I saw it in reruns since it came on at some odd time that I would have been up. Whenever I saw it I was when I was a very small child. Now here is the funny part this actor was probably the first one I ever had a crush on. He played Chad Cooper. The really funny part is that I can remember being glued to the TV set although I would have been much too young to know what a crush was. I just remember I liked looking at the cowboys, especially him  :laugh: although there was another guy in his group of Rangers that I also liked. Obviously that showed my sexual orientation was completely in place way before I even knew what sex or sexual orientations were. I can remember thinking how much I would like to live with him and the other Rangers  :D  :laugh: Here are a couple more pictures, one of which is the avatar  this was taken from. I want to make sure Jeff can see it. And I do agree I still think he is sure is cute. I must have had good taste then too  ;D

H-o-o-o-l-y-y-y crap, Jack! Honest to God, I thought it might be Peter Brown! I remember him, and I remember Laredo. Peter Brown was the one who was always dressed nicer than the others.  ;D

I ought to check IMDb, see whatever became of him.

Thanks for sharing the other pictures.

BTW, this weekend I already accomplished one of my goals for '08, learn to drink Jack Daniels in preparation for the roundup (since, apparently, you can't get decent scotch north of Denver  ::) ). I'll split a bottle with you--Old No. 7 is pretty good stuff!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #365 on: December 31, 2007, 05:05:39 pm »
Ok, I will let you all know who my present avatar is. His name is Peter Brown and he was in a short lived TV western named "Laredo." I looked to see when the original show was on and Jeff is right it was a western from the '60s. It only ran for two seasons, 1965 - 1966 and 1966 - 1967. It was a tale of the Texas Rangers. I think I saw it in reruns since it came on at some odd time that I would have been up. Whenever I saw it I was when I was a very small child. Now here is the funny part this actor was probably the first one I ever had a crush on. He played Chad Cooper. The really funny part is that I can remember being glued to the TV set although I would have been much too young to know what a crush was. I just remember I liked looking at the cowboys, especially him  :laugh: although there was another guy in his group of Rangers that I also liked. Obviously that showed my sexual orientation was completely in place way before I even knew what sex or sexual orientations were. I can remember thinking how much I would like to live with him and the other Rangers  :D  :laugh: Here are a couple more pictures, one of which is the avatar  this was taken from. I want to make sure Jeff can see it. And I do agree I still think he is sure is cute. I must have had good taste then too  ;D

one time when my son was very small a little girl proposed to him....her mother and I thought it was cute and funny. HE was heartily offended at the prospect. so I was teasing him about it and he informed me he didn't want a girlfriend, he wanted a boyfriend like Batman. I told him that Robin WAS a boy and he WAS Batman's friend but he wasn't Batman's boyfriend...

He gave me that "God parents are just stupid" look....

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #366 on: December 31, 2007, 07:31:49 pm »
Hey, I just found this at sucksorrules!

Brokeback Mountain
Sucks or Rules? You Decideā€¦
www.sucksorrules.com

It's silly, but do a brokeback mountain search on the site. You can also vote on what sort of brokeback cornholing is more fun <grin>
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #367 on: December 31, 2007, 07:33:03 pm »
Jack, again, happy new year.

I'm going to Brokeback/Wyoming 2008 with Juniour, unless he ducks out lolol
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #368 on: December 31, 2007, 08:52:48 pm »
Jack, I'm sure that even if he didn't remember you right at that moment, he would have eventually if you kept jogging his memory.  If you had been speaking face to face, and if you had a photo of what you looked like back in 4th grade, that mgiht have helped a lot.  He didn't forget you.  He just misplaced you.   :)

That was probably it. I just got misplaced  :( I do think I would evenutally have been able to get him to remember me. It almost seemed like there was some kind of rememberance in his voice, but I was so uncomfortable with the fact that he actually answered the phone. I would have never expected that!!! But I am glad it happened cause like I say there was a closure there that I needed. I had always wondered what happened to him and the funny thing is I have absolutely no idea why we quit keeping in touch. I have tried to think why that was, but no answers.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #369 on: December 31, 2007, 08:58:16 pm »
H-o-o-o-l-y-y-y crap, Jack! Honest to God, I thought it might be Peter Brown! I remember him, and I remember Laredo. Peter Brown was the one who was always dressed nicer than the others.  ;D

I ought to check IMDb, see whatever became of him.

Thanks for sharing the other pictures.

BTW, this weekend I already accomplished one of my goals for '08, learn to drink Jack Daniels in preparation for the roundup (since, apparently, you can't get decent scotch north of Denver  ::) ). I'll split a bottle with you--Old No. 7 is pretty good stuff!  ;D

I'm glad that you remembered both him and Laredo. I can't believe you even recognized him. Yes, he was the one that always dressed nicer than the others. I will have to find that information on the web that was telling more details and give you the link. Apparently, he was the most educated and refined of the group. I do remember that he was very close to the other cowboy Joe Riley. Hmmmmmmmm  :)

GREAT!!!! You have become a Jack Daniels drinker  ;D Yes, we can definitely split a bottle. That will be fun. Old No. 7 is exactly what I drink. We are going to have a good time  ;)