Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 830797 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #570 on: January 19, 2008, 01:50:16 am »
Do we have our minds in the same place Gary  ;)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #571 on: January 19, 2008, 02:26:42 am »
Should this be in thoughts.........well nobody reads that.......so guess ramblings works better. I want to tell a story that is kind of strange. I went to the career center where I work at the university to get help with my resume. I then talked to someone about how I could look up jobs through their website. The woman there just randomly chose Modesta, California to show me how it worked. She let me know that there were lots of jobs there in my area. I told her how I had visited California and how much I liked it after she did that. So is that all just a coincidence? My big dream was to visit CA and finally after many, many years I did. Everyone said I would be so disappointed. I wasn't, not at all. I am almost avoiding people who live there that tell me that they saw this connection with me and there. Sorry Linda and others that is meant as a compliment, not an insult. It's funny to think how many friends I would suddenly have that close that I do not have now. The funny thing is that I absolutely love New York City, I really do, but I can't really see myself living there although I think it would take a couple of years living there to see all the things I want to see. I would never want to not have the chance of visiting NYC anytime I could. I guess California just had that effect on me that I always thought it would. I believe I always thought it would be southern California and I have not been there so who knows about that. I just know that there was this pull on me while I was there. Going out of San Francisco a little, I actually saw cows grazing in a pasture with the Pacific Ocean behind them, curvy roads, redwood trees, eucalyptus trees, and it was just beautiful to me. Within San Francisco Linda had a lemon tree in her backyard with small lemons, but there were many small lemons. There were stout Palm trees with big crowns not like the thin lanky kind that I am used to. People think that where I am from is the most beautiful place on earth and maybe it is. I guess maybe I just don't see what they see. Maybe I take it for granted.

injest

« Reply #572 on: January 19, 2008, 03:01:01 am »
Life is full of tough choices isn't it, Jack. I wish I knew what to tell you....

{{Jack}}

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #573 on: January 19, 2008, 03:33:20 am »
Thanks Jess!!!! I always know you are there for me regardless of my choices and that means a lot. Quite honestly I would leave here if it were not for the fact that my parents are getting pretty old. That is really the only thing that holds me here. And I guess even the cabin would only bring back memories even though they don't live with me. It is still a family place and without them around it would not be the same. Otherwise it might only be sad to me to look back and remember. I think somewhere in the back of my mind I am already sad that one day I will loose them. I am very close to them. Loosing them is going to hurt more than I can even think about.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #574 on: January 19, 2008, 06:32:29 am »
             Yes Jack losing a parent is a live altering thing.  Even worse would be if we had guilt associated with it.  In other words
if you felt like you may have abandoned them in their later years.  So when or if you decide to change your situation,
be sure you are ready to make all of the changes it requires..
              I am sure that you will do that.  I know you are not really a jump before you think kind of guy....but just saying.
If you really have that wanderlust.  Maybe that is what you should do.  I don't see you as a Modesto kind of guy however...
But use your own judgement...Its just not the beauty spot of california...  Except for Gary of course.
              But however you decide.  Know that we will always support you...                 s'alright

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #575 on: January 19, 2008, 10:08:14 am »
Thanks Jess!!!! I always know you are there for me regardless of my choices and that means a lot. Quite honestly I would leave here if it were not for the fact that my parents are getting pretty old. That is really the only thing that holds me here. And I guess even the cabin would only bring back memories even though they don't live with me. It is still a family place and without them around it would not be the same. Otherwise it might only be sad to me to look back and remember. I think somewhere in the back of my mind I am already sad that one day I will loose them. I am very close to them. Loosing them is going to hurt more than I can even think about.

They may live to be a hundred...it is a dilemna....do what you want to do and hope for the best or put your dreams on hold waiting. Between the two I would say (in theory) to follow your dreams...only because I know I dont' want my son to give HIS up for me. I want him to have a full and happy life....

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #576 on: January 19, 2008, 12:49:13 pm »
Actually I don't know anything about Modesto. I'm not even sure exactly where it is since I have not looked at a map. I just thought it was so strange and funny that the career counselor just pulled that up from nowhere. It's one of those things that makes you wonder why or like the old song says "Things that make you go hmm"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #577 on: January 19, 2008, 12:53:22 pm »
Regardless of what I decide to do it is so wonderful to have all the friends I have on here. You all are just great and it makes me feel so good to know that there are actually people out there that read what I say and actually care about what I do end up doing. Probably I will stay around here for the forseeable future and make many visits to places I do like and places that I have never been to before. Sometimes I wonder if that really is having the best of two worlds. I think about all the places Truman goes and all the places he sees. He makes that happen and I admire him for it.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #578 on: January 20, 2008, 12:02:19 pm »

You are the best Jack...the very best...Don't you EVER forget it.

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #579 on: January 20, 2008, 12:44:36 pm »
Sometimes I wonder if that really is having the best of two worlds. I think about all the places Truman goes and all the places he sees. He makes that happen and I admire him for it.

it's cool, isn't it?  He told me he's been to all 50 states.  that's so cool.   I've often said that I'd like to drive cross country for 2 weeks in an RV, and see as much as I can.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!