Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 830802 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #590 on: January 20, 2008, 04:19:07 pm »
Of course you have been there. It counts.
Was the same for me last year, when I had a stopover in Philadelphia. I counted it. Well, on my way back home I missed my connection and had to stay the night in Philadelphia, but I would have counted it anyway. This year, I'll have a stopover in Milwaukee - and it counts!  :)
And I will also count Wisconsin to the states I've been to.

We have an interactive map somewhere, where you can check the states you've been to and it shows you a map of the US with your states marked red.
And we have the same with the countries of the world.

I'll go and see if I can find it.

That would be great. I would love to see the map!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #591 on: January 20, 2008, 04:22:20 pm »
Hi, Jack! I just saw a cowboy from North Carolina win the PRB Bullriding championship at the rodeo in Denver. Do you know North Carolina very well? I would love to go there since I saw Last of the Mohicans and learned that that movie was filmed in North Carolina!!

Yes Lee I know it pretty well since I have lived here all my life  :) Did they say what town the cowboy was from? We have actually had several movies filmed near Asheville. I believe Last of the Mohicans was filmed around this area. So was Dirty Dancing and others. I do hope you get to visit here one day.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #592 on: January 20, 2008, 04:24:57 pm »
That's great Chrissi!!! I will take a look. Yes, I definitely count Montana since I crossed back and forth over the state line several times. I made sure I could say I had been there  :) I'm glad so many people agree with me that landing somewhere does count as being there. Like Gary says if I were not in Minneapolis then where was I  ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #593 on: January 20, 2008, 10:18:26 pm »

Hey Jack.................... :-* :-*   I'll tell you the same thing Truman tells me...Toughen up, tell that lady
she is wrong.     

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #594 on: January 20, 2008, 11:43:08 pm »
The Twilight Zone maybe?   :laugh:

:o  :laugh:  :laugh:  Now that was a scary show way back when!! That show caused me to be deathly afraid of ventriloquist dummies -- that and "Magic"!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #595 on: January 21, 2008, 01:24:09 am »
Yes, that's where I was "The Twilight Zone." It was a scary show. Do you remember the episode where the creature was on the wing of the plane? It seems every time I fly I have a good view of the wing and I have thought about that before. Luckily, there have never been any creatures sitting out there  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #596 on: January 21, 2008, 02:11:41 am »
Yes, that's where I was "The Twilight Zone." It was a scary show. Do you remember the episode where the creature was on the wing of the plane? It seems every time I fly I have a good view of the wing and I have thought about that before. Luckily, there have never been any creatures sitting out there  :)

I remember that -- and later that episode was in the Twilight Zone movie, I think. How did they make that series so scary?!!  :o I never wanted to watch it if I was the only one in the room!  :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #597 on: January 21, 2008, 11:28:25 am »
I remember that one, Jack.  I think of that one every time I fly.    :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #598 on: January 21, 2008, 11:54:58 am »

Morning Jack;;   Hope your cranky boss is nicer this week.   And hope you stay warm and safe.     :-*

That was one of the sections they incorporated in the full length movie.

Beautiful mind

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #599 on: January 21, 2008, 01:30:20 pm »
I remember that one, Jack.  I think of that one every time I fly.    :laugh:

I'm glad I am not alone with that thought Chuck  ;D The great thing is that I haven't seen anything like that yet  :laugh: