Author Topic: Jack's Ramblings  (Read 829609 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jack's Ramblings
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2007, 01:32:30 pm »
Love the NYC pics, Jack.  It's quite a place, isn't it?  I always find myself looking around and up, trying to see everywhere at once because there's so much going on.  And your other senses are assaulted too - the smells and sounds....I loved trying to count how many different languages I could hear.  Then you can walk around in Central Park and find quiet or at least mellow.  One of the greatest places ever.
 :-*

I agree Lynne. I have only been there twice and the first time was a very quick afternoon/part of evening trip and that's right we did go back for the Circle Line cruise on the Hudson the next night. That trip was just part of a conference I went to in Princeton, NJ. At that point in time, I didn't even care that much about seeing NYC. I pictured it as a major dirty city with garbage laying all over the place, homeless people laying all over the place, and people trying to mug or rob you at each step. We rode the train down and got off at Penn Station. When we came up to street level I could absolutely not believe how much different it was than I had expected. I liked it right away.

So since then I had been trying to get back up there to see more and each time I planned a trip something happened to mess it up. Once I got as far as seeing some people in New Jersey, got a call that my uncle had unexpedectly died so had to get back to Newark and get back home. So this year I finally made it back. I saw a lot, but there is still so much to see.

You are right about the smells, sounds and different languages. It is almost like going to several countries at once. I have often thought it would practically take a year of living there to see most of what I would like to see. Some people think it is really strange that I like the cities since I am supposed to be country. Oh well, I think you can like both.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2007, 04:49:44 pm »
I used to have my art studio there in NYC!

Have a story about that!

Hugs!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2007, 04:51:52 pm »
I used to have my art studio there in NYC!

Have a story about that!

Hugs!

Well lets hear it!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2007, 04:59:18 pm »
I used to take the street car/bus up to my art studio from Manhattan but when I asked the name of my street, the driver argued that no such street existed.

So when it got there, i told him! It was the name  I had told him!

It was the name of a famous black jazz musician! The driver had past there often and had never noticed that name!

Hugs!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2007, 09:40:15 am »
I used to take the street car/bus up to my art studio from Manhattan but when I asked the name of my street, the driver argued that no such street existed.

So when it got there, i told him! It was the name  I had told him!

It was the name of a famous black jazz musician! The driver had past there often and had never noticed that name!

Hugs!

Just goes to show you can live in a place your whole life and never see what is right in front of you.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2007, 09:50:34 am »
The white driver of the bus seemed to me prejudiced against blacks and also did not like others besides NYC folks but like him!! That is what I think!!

That driver did not like it at all that I showed him that jazz musician name of a black person, as it was on the sign of the street were I got off to go to me art studio!

It was a bit like being in the BM movie... you never know if I would gotten killed by that driver because I was a gay person! Come to think... now as that was possibly too!!

Ever had such bad experience?

Hugs!!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2007, 09:58:19 am »
I have been ignored by waitstaff in resturants when I have been out with another guy, I have had coments made to me at straight bars, one reason I don't like go to bars alone now.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2007, 10:03:00 am »
Yes, many straight men or so-called, do know that a gay man is gay even if you are alone and butch (masculine looking and acting)!!

What puzzles me is why they spit, because you are a gay man?

Is that telling me: you are gay and you will be killed by me??

I wonder...
hugs!!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #78 on: October 10, 2007, 03:34:22 pm »

Maybe I am gaydarless, I dont think so but??  I dont think you could be mistaken for gay or spotted as gay, either way.  Truman, or Jack or Richard either...Unless you are in a gay bar...Or looking into some guys eyes for a long time...I dont understand how that happens...Inform an ignorant woman.....

Beautiful mind

Offline Artiste

« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2007, 07:23:27 pm »
Glad you were there to see those buns!!

And hoping for more pics??

Hugs!!